Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

fun with (COVID19) numbers

+2
OSUBucks
ging
6 posters

Go down

fun with (COVID19) numbers Empty fun with (COVID19) numbers

Post by ging Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:08 pm

as with most COVID19 stats, i'm not sure what this means. and i'm sure there is another article (or 12) that will say the opposite of what this one says.

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/504552-cdc-coronavirus-may-have-infected-10-times-more-americans-than-known

Nearly 25 million Americans may have contracted the coronavirus, a figure ten times higher than the number of confirmed cases, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said Thursday.

In a briefing with reporters Thursday, CDC Director Robert Redfield said surveys of blood samples taken from around the country suggest that millions of Americans may have contracted the virus either without knowing it or with only minimal symptoms.

For every one confirmed case, Redfield said, the CDC estimates that ten more people have been infected.

"This virus causes so much asymptomatic infection," Redfield said. "We probably recognized about 10 percent of the outbreak."
ging
ging
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

fun with (COVID19) numbers Empty Re: fun with (COVID19) numbers

Post by OSUBucks Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:25 pm

This is basically the sane thing Dr Fauci said a couple weeks ago. He said that if everyone in the country was tested we'd find that the fatality rate would be below 0.5%. There are tens of millions of asymptomatic people out there.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:22 pm

If this is the case, why is this being blown up as it has been. If millions are walking around unaware they have the virus, why is it such a big deal when someone tests positive?

There is so much conflicting information and the experts class has been incorrect multiple times. Everybody is making a prediction and it is starting to sound like ESPN pundits making their season predictions and arguing why they are correct. Just like in sports, you have to let the game play out. A rise in cases when opening is inevitable but as we have seen for the past two weeks, major complications and hospitalizations are declining.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:41 pm

dusty7 wrote:If this is the case, why is this being blown up as it has been.  If millions are walking around unaware they have the virus, why is it such a big deal when someone tests positive? 
Because there's political capital in it for both sides and there's an election this fall.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

OSUBucks likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:20 pm

Cass County positivity rate is 10.8%, the worst in the state. Stay safe net!
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by net Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:36 am

OSUBucks wrote:Cass County positivity rate is 10.8%, the worst in the state. Stay safe net!

the rumor here has it that we have a male citizen who tested positive and continues to shop, go to the gas stations and restaurants in town. i'd say it's just a small town rumor, but i know a leo has been on duty during the day and frequently parking a half block from said citizen's house for the last 3 days. and he's not running radar.

i'm getting ready to walk and will be near said house soon.

the other rumor, and i'm believing this one, we have over 100 people in town quarantined and/or self-quarantined. affraid

and thanks osu. cheers

net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:19 am

dusty7 wrote:If this is the case, why is this being blown up as it has been.  If millions are walking around unaware they have the virus, why is it such a big deal when someone tests positive?

There is so much conflicting information and the experts class has been incorrect multiple times.  Everybody is making a prediction and it is starting to sound like ESPN pundits making their season predictions and arguing why they are correct.  Just like in sports, you have to let the game play out.  A rise in cases when opening is inevitable but as we have seen for the past two weeks, major complications and hospitalizations are declining.  

The hospitals in parts of Alabama, Texas, Arizona and California are not seeing declines, they are approaching scary levels. I think that is what makes it a big deal. It seems like everyplace is going to have an upswing eventually. I hope ours is over with in Illinois.

How does having millions of people walking around with the virus, infecting others unknowingly, make this LESS of a big deal? For many of the infected this virus causes lasting problems...not like the regular flu that goes away in ten days. Thankfully, the medical profession has become very proficient at battling the disease and they are lowering the death rate.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:22 am

net wrote:i'm getting ready to walk and will be near said house soon.

the other rumor, and i'm believing this one, we have over 100 people in town quarantined and/or self-quarantined.  affraid

Hold your breath as you pass that guys house, you are too important to get sick.

If you bring that cop a cup of coffee, I'll repay you on Tuesday.

Admin

net likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down