Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crossfit Apocalypse?

3 posters

Go down

Crossfit Apocalypse? Empty Crossfit Apocalypse?

Post by Head Idiot Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:45 pm

Is this the end of the phenomenon we've all come to love so much known as Crossfit?

https://people.com/health/crossfit-gyms-reebok-end-affiliation-after-ceos-racist-comments/
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Crossfit Apocalypse? Empty Re: Crossfit Apocalypse?

Post by 19delta Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:19 pm

Head Idiot wrote:Is this the end of the phenomenon we've all come to love so much known as Crossfit?

https://people.com/health/crossfit-gyms-reebok-end-affiliation-after-ceos-racist-comments/

I hate Crossfit and Greg Glassman has been a first-class asshole for a long time. With that being said, I don't understand how "Floyd-19" is racist. Dumb, unfunny, insensitive, but I don't think it is racist.
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:44 pm

19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:27 am

I hated the CrossFit phase.

lefty120
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:31 pm

CrossFit is a good workout. I think this pandemic stuff will eventually be good for my health as the lack of gym made it so I had to reincorporate a lot of the CrossFit type stuff I was doing so much of in 2014-17 when I was in a lot better shape.

That said, it did attract an abnormal number of douchebags for some reason. I never really understood why particularly, but it was like it was a magnet.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:06 am

This is why I despise Crossfit. It has no place in a high school strength & speed program. The WODs have zero carryover to improving athletic performance. It's a wearout, not training. Such a meathead mentality...unbelievable that a "coach" would subject high school kids to a workout like this after being off for almost 3 months. Shame on this guy.

https://twitter.com/chadack/status/1271675208051519491?s=20
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:18 pm

19delta wrote:This is why I despise Crossfit. It has no place in a high school strength & speed program. The WODs have zero carryover to improving athletic performance. It's a wearout, not training. Such a meathead mentality...unbelievable that a "coach" would subject high school kids to a workout like this after being off for almost 3 months. Shame on this guy.

Is that Tony Holler over there? Very Happy

Thay being said, that is an absolutely idiotic first workout back. I've done Murph a few times and even in the best shape I was in, it's a mother effer.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:45 pm

Head Idiot wrote:
19delta wrote:This is why I despise Crossfit. It has no place in a high school strength & speed program. The WODs have zero carryover to improving athletic performance. It's a wearout, not training. Such a meathead mentality...unbelievable that a "coach" would subject high school kids to a workout like this after being off for almost 3 months. Shame on this guy.

Thay being said, that is an absolutely idiotic first workout back. I've done Murph a few times and even in the best shape I was in, it's a mother effer.

For a middle-aged guy looking to sweat, ok, I can understand that. But CrossFit WODs for high school athletes are about the dumbest thing a coach could have kids do.
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:07 pm

19delta wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:

For a middle-aged guy looking to sweat, ok, I can understand that. But CrossFit WODs for high school athletes are about the dumbest thing a coach could have kids do.
I've always thought CrossFit would be a fantastic workout for wrestling. Similar workouts IMO.

Depending on the WOD, there can be benefits for all athletes. Murph? Not so much. But some of the 21-15-9 stuff is a nice finisher to a workout.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:19 pm

Head Idiot wrote:
19delta wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:

I've always thought CrossFit would be a fantastic workout for wrestling. Similar workouts IMO.

Depending on the WOD, there can be benefits for all athletes. Murph? Not so much. But some of the 21-15-9 stuff is a nice finisher to a workout.

If it doesn't make a kid run faster, jump higher, start and stop and change direction more efficiently, physically dominate an opponent, or bulletproof against injury, we aren't doing it.

I've watched high school kids do WODs. It's horrible.
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:32 pm

There is absolutely nothing wrong with a 21-15-9 of something like pushups, sit ups, and mountain climbers.

You do need conditioning to play football. There's a reason a lot of the combine All Stars don't make it in the league.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:04 pm

Head Idiot wrote:There is absolutely nothing wrong with a 21-15-9 of something like pushups, sit ups, and mountain climbers.

You do need conditioning to play football. There's a reason a lot of the combine All Stars don't make it in the league.

But doing a 21-15-9 WOD does not train the energy system used by football players. In fact , it doesn't train the energy system used by MOST high school athletes.

My middle guy just graduated high school. I would be shocked if he could do a 21-15-9 WOD of push-ups, sit-ups, and mountain climbers in anything resembling a good time. I don't even know what his mile time is but I know it is bad.

With that being said, there is absolutely no question that he was "conditioned" to play football.
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum