Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

positively toward the negative

+3
BirdWatcher
OSUBucks
ging
7 posters

Go down

positively toward the negative Empty positively toward the negative

Post by ging Thu May 21, 2020 5:13 pm

from Buzzfeed:

Donald Trump shared some positive news on Thursday: His coronavirus test was positive...meaning it was negative...or, in his words, "positively toward the negative."

Did you get that?

"I tested very positively in another sense this morning," Trump told reporters outside the White House on his way to Michigan.

"I tested positively toward negative, right?"

"I tested perfectly this morning," he continued. "Meaning I tested negative."

"But that's a way of saying it: positively toward the negative," he said.

no matter what you think of trump and his personality, policies and politics, everyone should be in agreement that he often struggles with basic communication skills.
ging
ging
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

positively toward the negative Empty Re: positively toward the negative

Post by OSUBucks Thu May 21, 2020 5:20 pm

For sure. Beyond his communication skills he's an asshole. He is polling pretty poorly with women voters and that's a big reason why. We're not hearing much from Biden who is staying at home. It's working to his advantage lately. He's just sitting back watching Trump act rude and foolish at his press conferences and his lead over Trump has increased the last couple of weeks.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdWatcher Thu May 21, 2020 5:45 pm

OSUBucks wrote:... his lead over Trump has increased the last couple of weeks.

Ya, soon he'll have a 97% chance of beating Trump in November!

May 2016 numbers: Killary 54-41%
https://www.cnn.com/2016/05/04/politics/hillary-clinton-donald-trump-poll-general-election/index.html

Last edited by BirdWatcher on Thu May 21, 2020 9:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

Douche
Douche

http://tn.oakcrestfarms.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Thu May 21, 2020 6:01 pm

"It was the best coronavirus test ever. Highest ratings of all time."
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Fri May 22, 2020 10:37 am

The debates will be must see TV for all the wrong reasons. Biden will inevitably commit numerous gaffes and Trump will say unececcssary things and each will probably not look very Presidential.

However, remember that America has a short term memory and as the economy opens up and people go back to work, they will forget Trump's behavior. It will all be how they look at the time of election.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Fri May 22, 2020 10:46 am

dusty7 wrote:The debates will be must see TV for all the wrong reasons.  Biden will inevitably commit numerous gaffes and Trump will say unececcssary things and each will probably not look very Presidential.  

However, remember that America has a short term memory and as the economy opens up and people go back to work, they will forget Trump's behavior.  It will all be how they look at the time of election.  
I'm waiting for Trump to goad out rage Biden and Joe challenge him to a fight or something.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Fri May 22, 2020 11:02 am

Head Idiot wrote:
dusty7 wrote:The debates will be must see TV for all the wrong reasons.  Biden will inevitably commit numerous gaffes and Trump will say unececcssary things and each will probably not look very Presidential.  

However, remember that America has a short term memory and as the economy opens up and people go back to work, they will forget Trump's behavior.  It will all be how they look at the time of election.  
I'm waiting for Trump to goad out rage Biden and Joe challenge him to a fight or something.

I could see tempers flaring. I could see Biden making an aggressive move toward Trump before being tackled by Trump's Secret Service detail. Laughing
I hope sleepy Joe can stay awake for the entire debate.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Fri May 22, 2020 11:15 am

OSUBucks wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:

I could see tempers flaring. I could see Biden making an aggressive move toward Trump before being tackled by Trump's Secret Service detail. Laughing
I hope sleepy Joe can stay awake for the entire debate.
Given Joe's current capabilities, these debates will probably resemble a cat playing with a mouse. I could very much see Biden doing everything in his power to avoid doing many debates.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Fri May 22, 2020 2:02 pm

I personally enjoy the part of the article where they basically retort that Biden said some racially insensitive things by reminding us all that Trump is way worse.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/05/22/biden-you-aint-black-if-you-have-trouble-deciding-between-me-or-trump.html
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Fri May 22, 2020 2:54 pm

I do believe that Biden is leading right now. The election isn't until November though and it wouldn't surprise me if things tighten up as Election day approaches. If I'm running Biden's campaign I try to keep him out of the spotlight as much as possible and try to limit the number of debates and how long they are. When he's out in public for very long he gets himself in trouble. He's no Bill Clinton or Obama when it comes to public speaking. At his age his handlers are going to have to keep a tight rein on him.
It's possible that Biden could win the popular vote by about 5 million votes but lose the election. If that happens I look for the Democrats to attempt to eliminate the electoral college. The Constitution provides a mechanism to do that but it would require some red states to go along with the idea. I don't see that happening.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by ging Fri May 22, 2020 3:23 pm

here's hoping there's a viable third option.
ging
ging
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Fri May 22, 2020 3:33 pm

ging wrote:here's hoping there's a viable third option.

Yep, if there was ever a year for a good 3rd party candidate it's this year.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Tue May 26, 2020 6:22 pm

Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:28 am

Why do we still have troops in Germany at all? Or any other country?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/jun/05/trump-orders-9500-us-troops-to-leave-germany
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdWatcher Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:46 am

Head Idiot wrote:Why do we still have troops in Germany at all? Or any other country?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/jun/05/trump-orders-9500-us-troops-to-leave-germany

I've been saying this for, oh, about 20 years.....

It's "military welfare."

Douche
Douche

http://tn.oakcrestfarms.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:44 pm

BirdWatcher wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:Why do we still have troops in Germany at all? Or any other country?

I've been saying this for, oh, about 20 years.....

It's "military welfare."
And you haven't been wrong. My favorite line from the article-
Donald Trump has ordered the US military to remove nearly 9,500 troops from Germany in a move likely to raise concerns in Europe about the US commitment to the region.
Why is it our responsibility to be committed to a region who does everything they can to act like we're Satan? \"f\"ing em. WWII was 80 years ago. Time to put your big boy pants on Europe.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:55 pm

The Western Journal is really not a good source for news, HI. If this is where you go for your news then you really don't know anything factual.

By the way, I clicked on this link and they have retracted this story in total.

It was like Rosanna Rosanna Dana. They misheard Biden. So nevermind.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:16 pm

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/06/world/europe/germany-troop-withdrawal-america.html
In the view of European officials, the United States has gone from being the indispensable ally to the undependable one.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-directs-u-s-troop-reduction-in-germany-11591375651
President Trump has directed the Pentagon to remove thousands of American troops from Germany by September, a move that would dramatically reshape the U.S. military posture in Europe
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum