Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

and here we go.....

5 posters

Go down

and here we go..... Empty and here we go.....

Post by net Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:20 pm

net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

and here we go..... Empty Re: and here we go.....

Post by lefty120 Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:40 am

Maybe I'll be the only one, but it surprises me she uses French every day...especially with her job. Kinda weird.

lefty120
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:08 am

And then you have this on the other side:  https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/jesuits-defy-order-indianapolis-archbishop-fire-veteran-teacher-same-sex-n1019961

The problem is that you have bishops, archbishops, cardinals and even the pope all speaking differently about this issue.  Some are more strict than others.  The bishop of the Springfield diocese is probably more strict than most.  I suspect he also enjoys being in the public eye while weighing in on issues like these.

Catholics are all over the place on this issue.  For example, check this out from the National Catholic Reporter:  https://www.ncronline.org/blogs/distinctly-catholic/bishop-paprockis-unhinged-decree-same-sex-marriage  So there you have a Catholic media outlet slamming the bishop of Springfield and saying he should be sacked.

As a Catholic, my view is a simplistic one:  If SHG found out that one of its unmarried teachers was co-habitating and sharing a bed with an unmarried adult of the opposite gender, that is also a serious sin in the eyes of the Church, but it is doubtful that the school would fire that person for that sin.  Why would a lesbian "living in sin" be any more disposed to exposing high school kids to her living situation and sexual preference than a straight person "living in sin"?  If that French teacher couldn't guarantee that she would not openly contradict Catholic doctrine in school on this issue or any other issue, then don't hire her.  If she agreed to not contradict Catholic doctrine in school, then hire her if she is the most qualified candidate.

Turn away from the sin and not the sinner.
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by ging Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:44 pm

I understand what they did was entirely legal,” White acknowledged. “I don’t dispute it and I understand where they are coming from."

really now? then why the fuss?
ging
ging
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:25 am

I agree with ramblinman.

What if it were one of the assistant football coaches that was living with the hot Spanish teacher at SHG (unmarried)?

What if it were a volunteer assistant football coach that earned a full time income by selling pharmaceuticals including the "morning after pill"?

It's a slippery slope.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:10 am

Teetime wrote:I agree with ramblinman.

What if it were one of the assistant football coaches that was living with the hot Spanish teacher at SHG (unmarried)?

What if it were a volunteer assistant football coach that earned a full time income by selling pharmaceuticals including the "morning after pill"?

It's a slippery slope.

A huge slippery slope.  

What if two 18 year old senior students were openly gay and admitting their love relationship?  In the eyes of the church, is it sinful to be gay?  No, and neither is it sinful to be straight. Sex out of wedlock is considered to be sinful.  So does the school (or the bishop) assume they are engaging in premarital sex?  And what, precisely, constitute sexual relations (insert Bill Clinton joke here)?  Cuddling?  Kissing? What is the line that cannot be crossed? Even if the two gay students admit they are doing the horizontal bop, do they get expelled for it?

Does the school keep two gay students from attending school dances as a couple?  Straight couples are not denied entrance to dances, and nobody questions if they are sexually active and committing sin.

Enquiring minds want to know.
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum