Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

who's on break?........

+5
Gridiron Guy
wolverine55
dusty7
Head Idiot
net
9 posters

Go down

who's on break?........ Empty who's on break?........

Post by net Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:09 am

i know sammy was on break last week.

i'm on break now. in my 25 years of teaching in springfield public schools, this is the first year i can ever remember where i'll have a spring break(9 days) and an Easter break(4 days). kind of nice.

unfortunately, teaching into june this year.
net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

who's on break?........ Empty Re: who's on break?........

Post by Head Idiot Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:46 am

Our last day of school before break is April 12th. We're out the week of the 15th. Come back the Monday after Easter. We go until May 31st for our teacher institute.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:19 am

We were off last week and have an Easter break from the 19-22. Then go the 23 - 31 with no half days or days off. Lose the Seniors on the 17th.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by wolverine55 Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:19 am

We had our break a couple weeks ago and get Good Friday off. Last day for students is May 31st with three days of teacher work days the first week of June.

To help make up for all of our snow days and delays, we've had school on two previously scheduled days off plus our Wednesdays are now 3:00 dismissals for students, 4:30 for teachers. Previously, due to PLC, our Wednesdays were 1:45 dismissal for students, 4:00 for teachers.
wolverine55
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:25 am

dusty7 wrote:We were off last week and have an Easter break from the 19-22.  Then go the 23 - 31 with no half days or days off.  Lose the Seniors on the 17th.
We're going from Feb 18th to April 12th with only 1 half day in there. There has been a plethora of attendance/discipline issues. It has been pretty hard to get anything accomplished.

Seniors for us are gone May 10th, so that will be nice. My 3rd, 5th and 6th hour classes are all Srs, so I'll pretty much become a part time guy then. Looking forward to it.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Gridiron Guy Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:18 pm

We get April 18, 19 & 22 off.
Last day of school is May 23.
Seniors are done around May 10

Gridiron Guy
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by wolverine55 Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:26 pm

I'll add to my above post: We are "hours" based at my school instead of "days" based with our school calendar, so adding hours to Wednesdays has helped us significantly make up for time lost to delays and cancellations.
wolverine55
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghengis Khan Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:39 pm

wolverine55 wrote:We had our break a couple weeks ago and get Good Friday off.  Last day for students is May 31st with three days of teacher work days the first week of June.

To help make up for all of our snow days and delays, we've had school on two previously scheduled days off plus our Wednesdays are now 3:00 dismissals for students, 4:30 for teachers.  Previously, due to PLC, our Wednesdays were 1:45 dismissal for students, 4:00 for teachers.

Three work days after school gets out? Does anything actually get done then? All I ever want to do is get to summer. I feel much more ready to work in August. Are those three days full of meetings? Or working in your classroom? First I've ever heard of that many days at the end of the year.

Ghengis Khan
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:08 pm

Ghengis Khan wrote:
wolverine55 wrote:We had our break a couple weeks ago and get Good Friday off.  Last day for students is May 31st with three days of teacher work days the first week of June.

To help make up for all of our snow days and delays, we've had school on two previously scheduled days off plus our Wednesdays are now 3:00 dismissals for students, 4:30 for teachers.  Previously, due to PLC, our Wednesdays were 1:45 dismissal for students, 4:00 for teachers.

Three work days after school gets out? Does anything actually get done then? All I ever want to do is get to summer. I feel much more ready to work in August. Are those three days full of meetings? Or working in your classroom? First I've ever heard of that many days at the end of the year.
Does anything get done on the 1 work day after the last day of finals?

My last year at CG I spent most of it trying to bail water out of my basement because it had rained 7 inches.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Pike Bishop Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:42 pm

net wrote:i know sammy was on break last week.

i'm on break now. in my 25 years of teaching in springfield public schools, this is the first year i can ever remember where i'll have a spring break(9 days) and an Easter break(4 days). kind of nice.

I am retired now so I am always on Spring Break. I still coaching track so I have to deal with filling events at meets with kids on spring break. That has always been a pain. My best and toughest kid, senior, is in Texas this week. NET she was once one of your best and toughest kids.

Pike Bishop
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by wolverine55 Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:43 pm

Ghengis Khan wrote:

Honestly, I don't think anyone knows what those three days will look like yet, including our administration. We've never had to do this many before either.
wolverine55
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghengis Khan Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:39 pm

Head Idiot wrote:
Ghengis Khan wrote:

Does anything get done on the 1 work day after the last day of finals?

My last year at CG I spent most of it trying to bail water out of my basement because it had rained 7 inches.

No! And that's exactly my point!

Ghengis Khan
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghengis Khan Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:40 pm

wolverine55 wrote:
Ghengis Khan wrote:

Honestly, I don't think anyone knows what those three days will look like yet, including our administration.  We've never had to do this many before either.  

Aaaah, didn't realize they were due to the weather cancellations. Thought it was preplanned or a yearly thing.

Ghengis Khan
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:27 pm

We were off all last week for Spring Break.

By extending the school day 30 minutes for 6 weeks and agreeing to work Good Friday, we made up 4 of our weather days. As a result, kids are done May 29th. Teachers have to work until June 4th.
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:38 pm

19delta wrote: and agreeing to work Good Friday

Heathens!

Why do you hate God?

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:32 am

Teetime wrote:

Heathens!

Why do you hate God?

He made us suffer through a really shitty winter.
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by net Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:40 am

Pike Bishop wrote:
net wrote:i know sammy was on break last week.

I am retired now so I am always on Spring Break. I still coaching track so I have to deal with filling events at meets with kids on spring break. That has always been a pain. My best and toughest kid, senior, is in Texas this week. NET she was once one of your best and toughest kids.

lf? is she visiting her brother in the army?
net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:59 am

19delta wrote:
Teetime wrote:

Heathens!

Why do you hate God?

He made us suffer through a really shitty winter.
It wasn't him. It was all the carbon and cow farts.

(Ducks after making joke, but potentially derailing another thread)
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:13 pm

T minus 2 Hours...
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:13 am

I’m on break.

I take April 16th off. Back to work on the 17th.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wolverine55 Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:57 am

Seems well-earned, Tee! It surprises me how many people put it off until the last day. I drove past the office that does my taxes last night around 5:30...and they had a completely full parking lot!
wolverine55
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum