Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Round 3 of the Playoffs

+4
dusty7
wilky
crusader
Ghengis Khan
8 posters

Go down

Round 3 of the Playoffs Empty Round 3 of the Playoffs

Post by Ghengis Khan Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:08 pm

Most intriguing Round 3 match ups?

What do you guys think?

The north half of the 1a bracket is pretty crazy with 4,6,9 and 10 seeds still alive. Will this week be ACS's toughest challenge left in the playoffs?

GCMS vs. our very own newcom, is GCMs as loaded as their scores would lead us to believe?

Tuscola has been doing just fine with the move up to 2a this year, can they beat a perennial 2a power in Maroa? Will be interesting to see.

I assume Rochester will beat Taylorville soundly, but could be a lot of points scored in that game.

Highland JCA, could be an interesting, big jump in competition level for Highland, but they have a lot of talent.

Washington/Crete could be interesting, will see which group of kids can bounce back from a crazy game and come ready to play.

Ghengis Khan
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Round 3 of the Playoffs Empty Re: Round 3 of the Playoffs

Post by crusader Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:44 pm

Two Blue Bloods play when ESL and MTC square up at Gately.
crusader
crusader
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by wilky Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:34 pm

Ghengis Khan wrote:

Washington/Crete could be interesting, will see which group of kids can bounce back from a crazy game and come ready to play.

having watched both play at morris this year I will say Washington by 4tds.

CM had absolute stud on defense that was rather unblockable but Washington has the horses to contain.

CM first drive against morris I thought ut oh here comes the running clock, they went right at morris. then they switched qbs, couldn't throw etc., and looked not good after that. unless they had someone injured I am not real sure what they were trying to accomplish, cause they brought the original qb back in. Washington has a lot of experience, good size, good depth, good skills. although CM has some real nice playmakers I think the panthers roll here.

wilky
Dr. Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghengis Khan Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:13 pm

wilky wrote:
Ghengis Khan wrote:

having watched both play at morris this year I will say Washington by 4tds.

CM had absolute stud on defense that was rather unblockable but Washington has the horses to contain.

CM first drive against morris I thought ut oh here comes the running clock, they went right at morris. then they switched qbs, couldn't throw etc., and looked not good after that. unless they had someone injured I am not real sure what they were trying to accomplish, cause they brought the original qb back in. Washington has a lot of experience, good size, good depth, good skills. although CM has some real nice playmakers I think the panthers roll here.

Thanks for the insight, comparing scores (which is admittedly dangerous) I thought it might be close. Since Wash vs SHG was close, Chatham and Crete were close and Chatham beat SHG earlier in the year.

Ghengis Khan
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:23 pm

Coal City and Richmond Burton should be a very good game. Both are perennial playoff teams who have had success in the past.

I don't know anything about RB but they play a tough schedule and have handled their conference this year with the exception of a 1 point loss to Marengo. Their defense has only allowed 21+ points in 1 game this year.

Coal City's only hiccup was Morris week 1 and CC was still trying to figure things out until about week 6 but seem to have things rolling now. Their defense has 6 shutouts and only allowed less than 21 points in all but 1 game.

Should be a slugfest and the cold temperatures and possible snow should make this a classic late round playoff game.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:04 pm

I'm interested in this contest:

1. ramblinman 133
2. OldTitan 132
3. OSUBucks 128
4. Bigshot85 127
4. Illinipete 127

Can Ramblin hold onto that narrow lead? Can OT submit a correct list of picks? Are OSU, Bigshot and vacationPete going to mount a charge on the leaders? Who is willing to pick an upset or two? Will it all come down to the finals again?

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:42 pm

Teetime wrote:I'm interested in this contest:

1. ramblinman 133
2. OldTitan 132
3. OSUBucks 128
4. Bigshot85 127
4. Illinipete 127

Can Ramblin hold onto that narrow lead? Can OT submit a correct list of picks? Are OSU, Bigshot and vacationPete going to mount a charge on the leaders? Who is willing to pick an upset or two? Will it all come down to the finals again?

Tune in Saturday night. Same bat time...Same bat channel.

ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by tincup1215 Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:01 am

crusader wrote:Two Blue Bloods play when ESL and MTC square up at Gately.

I am excited to see this game (not live unfortunately, but streaming). One of my co-workers (female and just trying to be nice) made the mistake of asking me if I was watching football this weekend, thinking I was going to talk about the Bears or my fantasy team, I instead gave her a full history lesson and as much background info as I could on ESL and Mt Carmel and how this game is more exciting to me than any NFL game on Sunday.
tincup1215
tincup1215
King Fool
King Fool

Back to top Go down

Post by tincup1215 Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:05 am

CG and Phillips is also on my docket beforehand along with Crete/Washington, SCN/WWS, Willowbrook/Batavia, and LA/MS.
tincup1215
tincup1215
King Fool
King Fool

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:50 pm

Would love to see Aurora Christian vs Le-Win.  Le-Win coach has been talking public/private smack in the lead up to the game.

Pre game whining

Great rural vs. big city suburban matchup.
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:03 pm

ramblinman wrote:Would love to see Aurora Christian vs Le-Win.  Le-Win coach has been talking public/private smack in the lead up to the game.

Pre game whining

Great rural vs. big city suburban matchup.

Sorry, ramblinman...did not see your post. I just posted this same article.
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down