Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Music suggestions?

+6
net
wolverine55
19delta
Horsefeather
wilky
Head Idiot
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Music suggestions? Empty Music suggestions?

Post by Head Idiot Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:41 pm

Horse or any other music lovers- Anyone have any good music suggestions out there?  Primarily for lifting, but I like some good, angry metal at any time.

Lately, well for the past 2ish years, I've really been into Tool.  Anxiously awaiting the new CD next year.  Have ventured into A Perfect Circle and Puscifier too.  I can dig some Volbeat too, but the lead singer's voice can get annoying IMO.  Greta Van Fleet is really good to a Zep fan like me, although their "biggest influence" according to them is Aerosmith.  Neutral Neutral Neutral Neutral
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Music suggestions? Empty Re: Music suggestions?

Post by wilky Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:31 pm

Whiskey Myers

Lucero

Old drive by truckers does it for me

If just want great music then Jason isbell

wilky
Dr. Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Horsefeather Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:14 pm

I’ve really been digging on Wayland lately. Good ole Rock & Roll. I’m also been enjoying Code Red Riot, Fozzy, Red Sun Rising, Tremonti, Demon Hunter, Ghosts of August, and if want to get really heavy, I’d go a little Westfield Massacre.
Horsefeather
Horsefeather
Bee-otch

http://djsautosandcards.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:29 am

I really like Fozzy.  Have to check out the others.

+1 for both.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:45 pm

Horsefeather wrote:I’ve really been digging on Wayland lately.  Good ole Rock & Roll.  I’m also been enjoying Code Red Riot, Fozzy, Red Sun Rising, Tremonti, Demon Hunter, Ghosts of August, and if want to get really heavy, I’d  go a little Westfield Massacre.

Heart Shaped Box by Nirvana is one of the greatest heavy songs ever written. Westfield Massacre did to that song what Johnny Cash did to "Hurt".
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by wolverine55 Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:07 pm

Horsefeather wrote:I’ve really been digging on Wayland lately.  Good ole Rock & Roll.  I’m also been enjoying Code Red Riot, Fozzy, Red Sun Rising, Tremonti, Demon Hunter, Ghosts of August, and if want to get really heavy, I’d  go a little Westfield Massacre.

I second pretty much all of this and have been fortunate enough to see Wayland live twice. They put on a very good show. Unfortunately, they are starting to get big enough to where Keokuk, IA probably isn't going to be on their tour stops much longer, if at all.

If you are into punk at all, the new Beartooth album which came out ten or so days ago is amazing. Also, a smaller band from STL called Discrepancies is very good as well. Other than that, I've been very mainstream lately, listening to Godsmack's "When Legends Rise" and the new Disturbed single "Are You Ready" pretty regularly.
wolverine55
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by net Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:15 pm

godsmack and saliva. tool is the best. i love clearing out a country bar by simply walking in and putting $3 in the 'jukebox'.
net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by net Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:16 pm

rob zombie also clears out a room.
net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by crusader Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:35 am

Poison
crusader
crusader
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:43 am

If you like really heavy stuff check out Parkway Drive, thier song Vice Grip is a good introduction to the band. Nothing More is a newer band that isn't too bad. In my opinion you can never go wrong with Sevendust.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by wolverine55 Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:28 pm

dusty7 wrote:If you like really heavy stuff check out Parkway Drive, thier song Vice Grip is a good introduction to the band. Nothing More is a newer band that isn't too bad. In my opinion you can never go wrong with Sevendust.

I second this as well! Saw Sevendust live for the first time in Peoria last spring and it was awesome. BTW, for the guys in the area, I go to the 105.7 Spring concert--whatever they call it every year--and they really do a good job of getting great bands there.
wolverine55
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:54 pm

I like Frank Sinatra and Bette Midler, in particular her showtunes.

I'm guessing the kids would like those as well.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:40 pm

Teetime wrote:I like Frank Sinatra and Bette Midler, in particular her showtunes.

I'm guessing the kids would like those as well.

Frank? Good stuff.

Bette Midler? There is no way you've pleasured any women, let alone all of ours with that musical taste.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Horsefeather Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:21 am

Sevendust is a given. I also forgot to mention Art of Dying, Otherwise, The Protest, Nonpoint, & The Letter Black. Also, Alborn a band out of Whiteside county, is pretty good, too.
Horsefeather
Horsefeather
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by morrisfan Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:06 pm

Horsefeather wrote:Sevendust is a given.  I also forgot to mention Art of Dying, Otherwise, The Protest, Nonpoint, & The Letter Black.  Also, Alborn a band out of Whiteside county, is pretty good, too.

You been to The Forge in Joliet for a show? They do a lot of hard rock shows of bands I have never heard of.

morrisfan
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Horsefeather Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:57 am

morrisfan wrote:
Horsefeather wrote:Sevendust is a given.  I also forgot to mention Art of Dying, Otherwise, The Protest, Nonpoint, & The Letter Black.  Also, Alborn a band out of Whiteside county, is pretty good, too.

You been to The Forge in Joliet for a show?  They do a lot of hard rock shows of bands I have never heard of.  

Absolutely. Been going there for shows for about 6 years. I've seen a lot of great shows there. Great venue, I really like what they've done since the new owners have come in.

Another great place is Top Fuel Saloon in Braidwood. Yes, Braidwood. Freak, the disc jockey from 100.7 owns the joint and gets some amazing bands in there. Saw Wayland, 3 Years Hollow, Saliva, Devour the Day and others there. It's a bit of a dive, but they get some great shows.
Horsefeather
Horsefeather
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:16 am

morrisfan wrote:

You been to The Forge in Joliet for a show?  They do a lot of hard rock shows of bands I have never heard of.  

The Forge is a great place for a show. Seen Sevendust there a few times. The upper balcony is awesome if you arrive early enough.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:34 pm

Along the lines of this thread. I am put in charge of making a highlight/hype video for the kids to watch during a team meeting if we happen to make it to the playoffs. For some reason I am having a hard time finding music for the video this year. HC doesn't want the modern Rap that kids listen to so looking towards Metal/Hard Rock.

Any suggestions?
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by net Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:57 pm

dusty7 wrote:Along the lines of this thread.   I am put in charge of making a highlight/hype video for the kids to watch during a team meeting if we happen to make it to the playoffs.  For some reason I am having a hard time finding music for the video this year.  HC doesn't want the modern Rap that kids listen to so looking towards Metal/Hard Rock.  

Any suggestions?

stay away from godsmack.
net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Horsefeather Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:48 pm

dusty7 wrote:Along the lines of this thread.   I am put in charge of making a highlight/hype video for the kids to watch during a team meeting if we happen to make it to the playoffs.  For some reason I am having a hard time finding music for the video this year.  HC doesn't want the modern Rap that kids listen to so looking towards Metal/Hard Rock.  

Any suggestions?

Lots of good harder rock out there... Thousand Foot Krutch, Decyfer Down, 3 Years Hollow, Gods of Apollo, Powerman 5000, Fozzy... all of them are fairly clean. Powerman is probably the most questionable of the bunch.
Horsefeather
Horsefeather
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:30 pm

Whatever you do, no 5 Finger Death Punch. Dueling pukers
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by morrisfan Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:49 pm

Horsefeather wrote:
morrisfan wrote:

Absolutely.  Been going there for shows for about 6 years.  I've seen a lot of great shows there.  Great venue, I really like what they've done since the new owners have come in.

Another great place is Top Fuel Saloon in Braidwood.  Yes, Braidwood.  Freak, the disc jockey from 100.7 owns the joint and gets some amazing bands in there.  Saw Wayland, 3 Years Hollow, Saliva, Devour the Day and others there.  It's a bit of a dive, but they get some great shows.

Whenever I see their concert listings, I think of you. I figured you had been there.

The new place/owner have cleaned it up. Decent, quick lunch option too.

morrisfan
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by net Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:19 pm

Head Idiot wrote:Whatever you do, no 5 Finger Death Punch. Dueling pukers

+1.
net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:22 pm

net wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:Whatever you do, no 5 Finger Death Punch. Dueling pukers

+1.
Their covers are some of the worst music I've heard in a really long time.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Horsefeather Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:57 am

morrisfan wrote:
Horsefeather wrote:
morrisfan wrote:

Absolutely.  Been going there for shows for about 6 years.  I've seen a lot of great shows there.  Great venue, I really like what they've done since the new owners have come in.

Another great place is Top Fuel Saloon in Braidwood.  Yes, Braidwood.  Freak, the disc jockey from 100.7 owns the joint and gets some amazing bands in there.  Saw Wayland, 3 Years Hollow, Saliva, Devour the Day and others there.  It's a bit of a dive, but they get some great shows.

Whenever I see their concert listings, I think of you.  I figured you had been there.

The new place/owner have cleaned it up.  Decent, quick lunch option too.

Nate Holman is a Joliet Police Officer and he has all kinds of stories on how the previous two owners (when it was known as Mojoes / The Tree respectively) would do fine, until they'd let in some rap acts, and the violence would escalate after those events, then the venue owners would get flak from the city leaders and things would go sideways. The new ownership is attracting some very solid talent.

I've heard the food is decent.
Horsefeather
Horsefeather
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next