Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

fat man challenge

+29
OldTitan
Tanglefoot_Jones
Coach53
general maximus
Horsefeather
crusader
guerin
Ghengis Khan
OSUBucks
19delta
moxy
center
TexFB
jim beam
pff
4a(6afornet)north
tincup1215
Teetime
net
BirdWatcher
leatherneck02
khalfie
newcom
Head Idiot
ging
wolverine55
firdog
wilky
33 posters

Page 3 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18 ... 34  Next

Go down

fat man challenge - Page 3 Empty Re: fat man challenge

Post by wolverine55 Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:34 am

Congrats from me too! I'm down another couple and will post numbers on the 15th.
wolverine55
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by firdog Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:42 am

jim beam wrote:Greetings. I havent been here in a looong time. I think I joined in one of these challenges a couple years ago. I have battled with my weight forever. Like alot of you guys, Im what folks call a big guy. But I wanted to let you know and to feel good typing it, That In July I decided to get serious again. I recommitted to bike riding and watching what I ate. As BW says eat less, do more. Over the course of the next 4 months I went from 320 (personal high) to 275. I want to lose about 35 more but since about Dec have just been hanging in around 275. I am not exercising as much, not eating as much but drinking more. My metabolism has changed. I also did quite alot of hiking. Once the weather turns a little I will get back in and lose the next batch.

Anyway, good luck to all you guys doing it, its a grind and the older I get the harder it gets. (50)
welcome back jb and good job!
firdog
firdog
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdWatcher Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:30 pm

Wow. That Costa Rica trip really killed me more than I thought. I came back at 210 pounds.

Since then I've been swimming 4 times a week, a mile each time. Ran outside twice last week (4 miles, with breaks), and this week I managed a 4 mile run without stopping. Outside running's a bitch in Woodford County cuz at least one of those miles will be into a 20mph headwind.

This week I ate well (Adkins-style), no beer, only a couple diet coke & SoCo's. Even ran outside Thursday when it was 33 degrees. I haven't done that since my marathon days. This morning I did a BW-Triathlon at 5 Points: swam a mile, then biked 4 miles, then ran 4 miles on the indoor track. Weighed 202.

Pounds aren't falling off as I'd like, but slow and steady is healthier anyway. Plan to be in the mid 180s by my next TN trip in April.

Douche
Douche

http://tn.oakcrestfarms.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jim beam Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:49 pm

Hiked 5 miles this morning. 14 degrees and breezy, but exhilarating. The 320 me would never have left the house.
jim beam
jim beam
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:35 pm

Little behind schedule, but I weighed 280 this morning. Looking forward to the scale saying 27something in the next week.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by firdog Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:50 am

197 this week.
i have only been using food choices and portion size.
My exercise this year is sorting, moving, fixing, selling my fathers estate, closing the 29th
firdog
firdog
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by wolverine55 Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:01 pm

Alltime high weight--333, established Easter of 2011

Jan 1 weight--309

This morning--299

Went ahead and post a couple days early since I weighed in under 300, down a couple since my last posting.
wolverine55
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by pff Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:00 pm

297 and holdimg........I hate to,but might just give up Bud Select to break in the 280's
pff
pff
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdWatcher Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:40 pm

A better week.

Swam every morning before work, then today I took a half day and decided to run 6, followed by a mile swim. Clocked in at 199, down 3 since last week.

Beer tonight, then maybe tomorrow if we're celebrating a wrestling trophy. Back hard at it on Sunday....

Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by wilky Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:10 am

im getting a little frustrated, but then again i got some good things going too.

i havent lost a single pound this month, but i have worked out 5 days a week. im getting up in the morning and doing 8 miles on the bike, which if you know me i dont get up early and i dont do cardio. some days i even go back at night and work with weights.

so the fact im doing cardio and not gaining tells me my diet is crap. which im cutting down 5 days week but not so much on the weekends. so thats the new target area to focus on

wilky
Dr. Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by wolverine55 Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:04 pm

Tonight I ran 2 miles in 23 minutes, which is real good for me in terms of both distance and time, and then walked one in 18 minutes. 41 minutes is the quickest I've covered three miles in a long time! Should be posting a good number when I report my weight on Weds.
wolverine55
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by wolverine55 Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:49 am

All-time high weight, February 2011--333

Jan 1 Weigh-In--309

This morning--296. Took off 8 pounds in Jan and 5 in Feb.
wolverine55
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by wilky Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:48 am

im borderline pissed off. somewhat torn.

i have dramatically increased my cardio, and what i feel like limited my food intake and i have no lost one pound this month. still 234

what i do feel good about is that i am biking 8 miles a day 5-6 times a week. i am getting up in the morning which if you know me would seem impossible. ive done it enough that it is almost habit. my resting heart rate has dropped a considerable amount of point and my BP in general is much improved.

I start most every morning off with high fiber oatmeal with honey and cinnamon. i am even taking fish oil pills along with my normal daily vitamin and i usually have a piece of fruit for my mid morning snack.

My body has to be just holding onto stuff since im working out so i realize im gonna have to cut my food intake even more to lose weight. but at least im alot healtier at 234 then i have been before. i just wanna be healthy at a lower weight

wilky
Dr. Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdWatcher Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:41 pm

wilky wrote:im borderline pissed off.

I hear ya. Rolling Eyes Last week I swam a mile before work three days (M, W, F) and ate well. Saturday morning I ran six miles in an hour, then jumped in the pool and swam for another hour (about a mile and a third). STILL weighed 199. I did have two Hazed-n-Infused beers Friday night and a delicious tenderloin... maybe that hurt my Saturday weigh-in....

Here's my routine lately:

Up at 4:00am, fall into some sweats, let the horses out and drive to the health club in Washington
4:30am first one in the pool, if I wasn't awake from the drive, I am now Shocked
5:15am shit, shower & shave, which is easy cuz my beard is very wet and I'm not all sweaty like when I run
6:00am at work, checking Turk's
6:30am cafe opens and I have 2 scrambled, 2 bacon, a coffee and a 240cal Adkins bar
9:00am water all morning and a snack (10-15 peanuts)
11:00am small salad with ranch & an Adkins dessert
1:00pm small snack
3:00pm home from work, eat meat, cheese, Carb buster yogurt, whatever fits Adkins
7:00pm dinner with the Mrs, usually a roast or chicken or other meat
8:00pm horizontal somewhere (couch, bed) reading
8:02pm asleep

Couple nights in there I coach the HS rugby team, Saturday morning I do "a double", running, biking and swimming. Saturday pm I'm fairly good, Saturday night I eat what I want. Sunday is total pig-out.... then start all over again on Monday.

Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:43 pm

At 8:05 Mrs BW and I step out for some dancing and "other activities"

Those activities are similar to cardio workouts. That is how she keeps her girlish figure.
Teetime
Teetime
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TexFB Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:52 pm

wilky wrote:im borderline pissed off. somewhat torn.

i have dramatically increased my cardio, and what i feel like limited my food intake and i have no lost one pound this month. still 234

what i do feel good about is that i am biking 8 miles a day 5-6 times a week. i am getting up in the morning which if you know me would seem impossible. ive done it enough that it is almost habit. my resting heart rate has dropped a considerable amount of point and my BP in general is much improved.

I start most every morning off with high fiber oatmeal with honey and cinnamon. i am even taking fish oil pills along with my normal daily vitamin and i usually have a piece of fruit for my mid morning snack.

My body has to be just holding onto stuff since im working out so i realize im gonna have to cut my food intake even more to lose weight. but at least im alot healtier at 234 then i have been before. i just wanna be healthy at a lower weight

if you have a I-Phone, get the myfitnesspal app. You can also use it online without an app at myfitnesspal.com. I lost 20 pounds in 60 days with it.
TexFB
TexFB
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:34 pm

Wait....

All I have to do is download an app?

WTF am I doing all this exercising for?
Teetime
Teetime
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wolverine55 Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:40 pm

+1 for Tee! And, I'm taking that advice too!
wolverine55
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:01 pm

I bet Hudl would help you lose weight. Wink
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by TexFB Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:12 pm

[quote="Teetime"]Wait....

All I have to do is download an app?

WTF am I doing all this

That's the million dollar ? If you can't find a pill for it, then turn to an app. You may actually be gaining weight while we sit around here discussing apps!
TexFB
TexFB
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by pff Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:08 pm

pff
pff
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:14 pm

Great.

Another countdown thread.
Teetime
Teetime
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pff Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:15 am

Wish I could drop 1 per day......#struggle
pff
pff
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdWatcher Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:56 am

Guy I know at work did the Biggest Loser team challenge at his health club...list 55 pounds in 52 days. Course, he's manic, and he worked out twice a day while starving himself. Won $1400 tho..... and gained 13 lbs back in the 2 days after the final weigh in.

Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by wolverine55 Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:45 pm

There's been times in my life I've dropped weight quickly, although not at that fast a pace. I've been told that if you're obese--which I definitely am--losing about 30 pounds in a calendar year will be easier for you to keep off than losing pounds at an excellerated pace. I'm sure that number differs based on body types and just general discipline.
wolverine55
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18 ... 34  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum