Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Michigan Governor

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Michigan Governor  - Page 2 Empty Re: Michigan Governor

Post by lefty120 on Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:09 am

I think that all of us on this board can agree on a few things:

1. This was an F.B.I. investigation that went on for quite a few months before an arrest was made. This is not a fabrication by either party that these guys were plotting to do harm to the Governor of Michigan and perhaps her family as well. This type of thing, in light of the killing of the federal judges family earlier this year, should concern any politician in this day and age.

2. This type of stuff has absolutely no place in our country's political world...at least it shouldn't! I know the current climate is conducive to these types of groups gaining momentum, but that doesn't make it right.

3. Both party's are guilty of doing everything they can to create divide and doubt in the minds of American citizens using inflammatory rhetoric that targets the other side. I'm afraid that these idiots are just the tip of the ice berg when it comes to groups like this. All you have to do is listen to the Sheriff of that county speak; that dude was elected by the people!!

lefty120
Bee-otch

Posts : 563
Join date : 2008-12-14

Teetime, tps, center and dusty7 like this post

Back to top Go down

Michigan Governor  - Page 2 Empty Re: Michigan Governor

Post by Head Idiot on Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:23 pm

In no way advocating this idiocy from the Michiganers, but pretty much any revolutionary, including our founding fathers, would fall into the same categories as these guys.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Posts : 11443
Join date : 2008-09-23
Age : 102
Location : Here

Back to top Go down

Michigan Governor  - Page 2 Empty Re: Michigan Governor

Post by lefty120 on Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:34 pm

Head Idiot wrote:In no way advocating this idiocy from the Michiganers, but pretty much any revolutionary, including our founding fathers, would fall into the same categories as these guys.

This is absolutely true...but isn't it reasonable to say this is 2020 for crying out loud. Armed militia men who are trying to plan a kidnapping of an elected Governor of a state due to her what...enacting restrictions on the public in order to keep people safe? I don't know...maybe I'm wrong for feeling how I do; I just think this situation has opened my eyes a bit to how many idiots there really are out there who are willing to do harm to others in the name of politics.

lefty120
Bee-otch

Posts : 563
Join date : 2008-12-14

Back to top Go down

Michigan Governor  - Page 2 Empty Re: Michigan Governor

Post by Teetime on Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:58 pm

lefty120 wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:In no way advocating this idiocy from the Michiganers, but pretty much any revolutionary, including our founding fathers, would fall into the same categories as these guys.

This is absolutely true...but isn't it reasonable to say this is 2020 for crying out loud.  Armed militia men who are trying to plan a kidnapping of an elected Governor of a state due to her what...enacting restrictions on the public in order to keep people safe?  I don't know...maybe I'm wrong for feeling how I do; I just think this situation has opened my eyes a bit to how many idiots there really are out there who are willing to do harm to others in the name of politics.  


Lefty is right.

The idiots who burned private property in Minneapolis could also be classified as revolutionary...they were revolting. They were much like the Michiganders and our founding fathers. They were breaking the law to draw attention to the cause they supported. In Minnesota it was by property damage, in Michigan is was by doing physical harm to an elected official seen as evil, in Boston it was by destroying tea.

One of those seems much more egregious than the others.

_________________
Donald J. Trump, he is my President now........sad!
"COVID under control. economy rebounding, inner-city Democrats rioting = Trump in a landslide.....(BW 6/29/2020)
Teetime
Teetime
Admin

Posts : 7105
Join date : 2008-09-11
Location : Right across the street from net

Back to top Go down

Michigan Governor  - Page 2 Empty Re: Michigan Governor

Post by Head Idiot on Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:27 pm

Teetime wrote:
lefty120 wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:In no way advocating this idiocy from the Michiganers, but pretty much any revolutionary, including our founding fathers, would fall into the same categories as these guys.

This is absolutely true...but isn't it reasonable to say this is 2020 for crying out loud.  Armed militia men who are trying to plan a kidnapping of an elected Governor of a state due to her what...enacting restrictions on the public in order to keep people safe?  I don't know...maybe I'm wrong for feeling how I do; I just think this situation has opened my eyes a bit to how many idiots there really are out there who are willing to do harm to others in the name of politics.  


Lefty is right.

The idiots who burned private property in Minneapolis could also be classified as revolutionary...they were revolting. They were much like the Michiganders and our founding fathers. They were breaking the law to draw attention to the cause they supported. In Minnesota it was by property damage, in Michigan is was by doing physical harm to an elected official seen as evil, in Boston it was by destroying tea.

One of those seems much more egregious than the others.
They destroyed more than tea. There was harm to officials as well, just not elected ones as the British didn't hold elections.

I was in agreement to the end sentence. I would assume your most egregious one is also the one that didn't actually happen.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Posts : 11443
Join date : 2008-09-23
Age : 102
Location : Here

Back to top Go down

Michigan Governor  - Page 2 Empty Re: Michigan Governor

Post by Teetime on Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:42 pm

Head Idiot wrote: I would assume your most egregious one is also the one that didn't actually happen.


Yes. Thank God and good police work.

_________________
Donald J. Trump, he is my President now........sad!
"COVID under control. economy rebounding, inner-city Democrats rioting = Trump in a landslide.....(BW 6/29/2020)
Teetime
Teetime
Admin

Posts : 7105
Join date : 2008-09-11
Location : Right across the street from net

Back to top Go down

Michigan Governor  - Page 2 Empty Re: Michigan Governor

Post by BirdWatcher on Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:01 pm

Ghengis Khan wrote:What/who are your news sources?

I feel I am much better served by reading mid-level newspapers from the areas in question. For example, a few years ago there was a big hubbub on the MSM about the Grand Escalante in Utah. The CNN's, Fox's and MSNBC's of the world spun this in the context of Trump-good or Trump-bad. I just went to the Salt Lake Tribune and other papers from St George, etc. to see "real" reporting. The internet is great.

NPR, AP and some others are good starting points, but they also tilt left. As long as you know that, you can filter out the chafe.

Reuters is probably the most neutral.

These are web-based. I trust nothing on TV... cuz I don't watch any... If a site doesn't post links (to outside supporting sources) they are dead to me. Too many times I've wasted a half-hour of my life when I clicked on a CNN article to see the underlying data, only to find that they left out half... or more.... or the vital information.

_________________
The only difference between Republicans and Democrats is what they do with your money after they steal it.
BirdWatcher
BirdWatcher
Douche
Douche

Posts : 2309
Join date : 2008-07-08
Age : 61
Location : Jamestown, TN

http://tn.oakcrestfarms.com

Back to top Go down

Michigan Governor  - Page 2 Empty Re: Michigan Governor

Post by BirdWatcher on Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:04 pm

Teetime wrote:
Head Idiot wrote: I would assume your most egregious one is also the one that didn't actually happen.

Yes. Thank God and good police work.

Rode horses with my Michigan LEO buddy today. He said his sheriff was on TV the other night, wondering if the guys who were going to kidnap the governor weren't just planning to do a "citizen's arrest." Shocked

_________________
The only difference between Republicans and Democrats is what they do with your money after they steal it.
BirdWatcher
BirdWatcher
Douche
Douche

Posts : 2309
Join date : 2008-07-08
Age : 61
Location : Jamestown, TN

http://tn.oakcrestfarms.com

Ghengis Khan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Michigan Governor  - Page 2 Empty Re: Michigan Governor

Post by Head Idiot on Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:10 pm

BirdWatcher wrote:
Teetime wrote:
Head Idiot wrote: I would assume your most egregious one is also the one that didn't actually happen.

Yes. Thank God and good police work.

Rode horses with my Michigan LEO buddy today.  He said his sheriff was on TV the other night, wondering if the guys who were going to kidnap the governor weren't just planning to do a "citizen's arrest."  Shocked
I had read some of the same speculation elsewhere.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Posts : 11443
Join date : 2008-09-23
Age : 102
Location : Here

Back to top Go down

Michigan Governor  - Page 2 Empty Re: Michigan Governor

Post by Teetime on Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:13 pm

Maybe they were just going to give the a Governor a pedicure. I heard some guys at the beauty parlor saying just that.

Good sources there.

_________________
Donald J. Trump, he is my President now........sad!
"COVID under control. economy rebounding, inner-city Democrats rioting = Trump in a landslide.....(BW 6/29/2020)
Teetime
Teetime
Admin

Posts : 7105
Join date : 2008-09-11
Location : Right across the street from net

Back to top Go down

Michigan Governor  - Page 2 Empty Re: Michigan Governor

Post by Teetime on Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:23 pm


_________________
Donald J. Trump, he is my President now........sad!
"COVID under control. economy rebounding, inner-city Democrats rioting = Trump in a landslide.....(BW 6/29/2020)
Teetime
Teetime
Admin

Posts : 7105
Join date : 2008-09-11
Location : Right across the street from net

Back to top Go down

Michigan Governor  - Page 2 Empty Re: Michigan Governor

Post by BirdWatcher on Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:31 pm

Teetime wrote:Maybe they were just going to give the a Governor a pedicure.....

Obviously, a pedicure WITH a mask on, a la Pelosi, eh?

_________________
The only difference between Republicans and Democrats is what they do with your money after they steal it.
BirdWatcher
BirdWatcher
Douche
Douche

Posts : 2309
Join date : 2008-07-08
Age : 61
Location : Jamestown, TN

http://tn.oakcrestfarms.com

Back to top Go down

Michigan Governor  - Page 2 Empty Re: Michigan Governor

Post by Head Idiot on Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:24 am

One group's terrorist is another group's revolutionary hero.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Posts : 11443
Join date : 2008-09-23
Age : 102
Location : Here

tps likes this post

Back to top Go down

Michigan Governor  - Page 2 Empty Re: Michigan Governor

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum