Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Breonna Taylor

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Breonna Taylor - Page 2 Empty Re: Breonna Taylor

Post by general maximus on Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:46 pm

I am not sure why he would shoot at a police officer either, but he did. Immediately making him an armed and dangerous person who was actively shooting police. For anyone to think the police are not going to return fire is ludicris (again, their return fire killed an innocent woman) If he would not have shot at the entry team, would his GF be still alive? I am sad that Ms. Taylor has become a household name for all the wrong reasons. I wish she would have been known as someone who saved a bunch of peoples lives as an EMT.

If his charges were dropped for attempted murder, should the police officers charges be dropped? ( I will state that they should not be dropped, due to their disregard for basic rules they were likely taught in any academy ) Unfortunately some of the pundits claiming the officers should be charged with murder are not applying the same rationale to both parties.

Tee, I appreciate your candor and demeanor on this. The civility here about the issues has been exactly what this country needs. NOT the damn media trying to further drive wedges into American society. Their immediate rush to judgement & sensational with "breaking news" and "you heard it here first" story has done nothing good for unity.
We got enough problems as it is, let alone killing each other.

general maximus
Douche
Douche

Teetime likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime on Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:10 pm

Head Idiot wrote:Going from light to darkness for the cops vs already being in the dark?

I know that when I come home from work on a half night, I can't see crap in our bedroom, but my wife can see me perfectly from the bed because she's used to it.

I know. We both can.

Sorry, HI. That was just too big a softball to pass on.

Teetime
Admin

Head Idiot likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by general maximus on Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:47 pm

That report that Bird linked about leaked reports does not paint a nice picture of Ms. Taylor. It releases details and attempts to link her to drug trafficking. (I do not even think Pablo Escobar deserves to die at the hands of police without a trial......... Maybe public execution or hanging on the town square immediately following the trial/appeal)

general maximus
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdWatcher on Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:03 pm

Again ICYMI, in 2016 a murder victim’s dead body was found in a car Breonna Taylor rented for her gangbanger ex BF.

She also got the gangbanger a cell phone, and she was picked up on wiretaps discussing drug trafficking.

Her life choices and associations got her killed.

Douche
Douche

http://tn.oakcrestfarms.com

tps likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks on Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:49 pm

Now Shaq and Charles Barkley are catching hell for comments they made on TV last night about her current boyfriend who shot a cop in the leg.

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/news/local/breonna-taylor/2020/09/25/lebron-james-charles-barkley-and-shaq-speak-breonna-taylor-case/3529153001/
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman on Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:58 pm

BirdWatcher wrote:Her life choices and associations got her killed.

And here all along I'm thinking it was a police bullet that ended her life.  Silly me.
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks on Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:22 pm

Breonna Taylor was killed by a bullet fired by a policeman. As to what got her killed is open to interpretation when evaluating all the facts in the case. BW supplied some facts that were unknown to me until he posted them yesterday.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

BirdWatcher likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdWatcher on Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:41 pm

Why isn’t anyone on the left concerned about the family of the murder victim whose body was found in Breonna Taylor’s rental car back in 2016?

Douche
Douche

tps likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot on Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:07 am

BirdWatcher wrote:Why isn’t anyone on the left concerned about the family of the murder victim whose body was found in Breonna Taylor’s rental car back in 2016?
The same reason there isn't national outrage for every one of the 10-30 people that'll be murdered in Chicago this weekend. It doesn't push the agenda.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

tps likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime on Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:06 pm

BirdWatcher wrote:Why isn’t anyone on the left concerned about the family of the murder victim whose body was found in Breonna Taylor’s rental car back in 2016?

Why isn't anyone on the right? Is concern about murder just for liberals?

I think the question was rhetorical, but I'm answering it anyway. If a dead body is found somewhere people grieve, but it usually is just the family and friends. If the Police bust into a place and shoot a woman to death it's going to garner some publicity and public outcry. If three black cops had shot up the apartment of a white woman who had never been charged with a crime and killed her, I suspect that in most US cities the cops would get charged with some crime related to the white woman's death.

In 2017 a guy was convicted for the murder of that dead guy found in the car of Breonna Taylor. Breonna was questioned about the body but was never a suspect. The cops knew her old boyfriend had borrowed the car and he was a bad guy.

She didn't deserve to die for having had bad friends in the past.

Teetime
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime on Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:11 pm

Teetime
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot on Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:22 pm

In March, officers executed a “no knock” search warrant at Taylor’s apartment while she and her boyfriend, Kenneth Walker, were asleep. In Cameron’s account, Walker mistook police for intruders and fired his gun, officers returned fire amid the confusion, and Taylor was shot to death.
What are they supposed to do when getting shot at?
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime on Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:59 pm

What is anyone who busts down the door to your house supposed to do if you shoot at them to protect your wife and kids?

They have a "Stand Your Ground" law and it applies to people of all colors. How would you know they were cops busting down your door? You would shoot, they would shoot back I'm assuming. Just because they have a search warrant doesn't make them bullet proof.

Teetime
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot on Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:17 pm

Teetime wrote:What is anyone who busts down the door to your house supposed to do if you shoot at them to protect your wife and kids?

They have a "Stand Your Ground" law and it applies to people of all colors. How would you know they were cops busting down your door? You would shoot, they would shoot back I'm assuming. Just because they have a search warrant doesn't make them bullet proof.
No, it doesn't.

It also doesn't make them murderers.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime on Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:19 pm

It’s just not possible to have stand your ground type of laws AND no-knock warrants.

It has to be one or the other.

Teetime
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot on Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:21 pm

Teetime wrote:It’s just not possible to have stand your ground type of laws AND no-knock warrants.

It has to be one or the other.
So, the answer is to declaw the police right?
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime on Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:14 pm

Or declaw the homeowner.

Which do you prefer?

Teetime
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot on Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:27 pm

Teetime wrote:Or declaw the homeowner.

Which do you prefer?
Neither. I don't have a problem with what happened. It literally makes no difference in my life.

Cue the racist, white privilege, whatever comments.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime on Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:44 pm

If the boyfriend had a semi auto rifle and had assassinated all of the police that were in on the search, would that have also been ok since it didn’t change your life?

I don’t think you are being racist or privileged, just thick headed.

Teetime
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot on Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:59 pm

Teetime wrote:If the boyfriend had a semi auto rifle and had assassinated all of the police that were in on the search, would that have also been ok since it didn’t change your life?

I don’t think you are being racist or privileged, just thick headed.
That happens a couple times a month across the country on average. No one cares when that happens.

And no, I don't get worked up about that either.

As I've said in the rona thread. People die. Billions and billions of people have died for all sorts of horrific reasons. No one cared then, or now. What has changed is how we value some people's deaths more than others for political reasons.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime on Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:23 am

A couple of times a month police squads get killed by semi automatic rifle fire while serving No knock warrants in “stand your ground” states?

I’m calling Bullshit.

Teetime
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdWatcher on Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:13 pm

Interesting reading.  Alot of it, but there's more to Breonna Taylor than meets the CNN reporter....

https://louisville-police.org/751/Breonna-Taylor-Investigation

TL;DR, here's a highlights version

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8816249/Louisville-police-release-details-Taylor-investigation.html

Seems Mr Walker may also have been involved in the drug trade....

https://louisville-police.org/DocumentCenter/View/1801/PIU-20-019-Breonna-Taylor-Summary

Breonna Taylor - Page 2 Bretay10

Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot on Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:35 pm

BirdWatcher wrote:Interesting reading.  Alot of it, but there's more to Breonna Taylor than meets the CNN reporter....

https://louisville-police.org/751/Breonna-Taylor-Investigation

TL;DR, here's a highlights version

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8816249/Louisville-police-release-details-Taylor-investigation.html

Seems Mr Walker may also have been involved in the drug trade....

https://louisville-police.org/DocumentCenter/View/1801/PIU-20-019-Breonna-Taylor-Summary

Breonna Taylor - Page 2 Bretay10
Can't be. She was an innocent life saving girl filled with wholesome hopes and dreams who was executed by racist cops fueled by the desire to continue the systemic inequities. Oprah told me so.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

lefty120 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by general maximus on Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:04 am

Head Idiot wrote:
In March, officers executed a “no knock” search warrant at Taylor’s apartment while she and her boyfriend, Kenneth Walker, were asleep. In Cameron’s account, Walker mistook police for intruders and fired his gun, officers returned fire amid the confusion, and Taylor was shot to death.  
What are they supposed to do when getting shot at?

This is a false premise that has created a faulty line of defense. While the "NO KNOCK" Warrant was issued, they did not use it. They did knock and it was reported in the New York Times, but buried in the article. "Ms. Taylor and her boyfriend, Kenneth Walker, had been in bed, but got up when they heard a loud banging at the door." From the "Kentucky Attorney General Daniel Cameron said Louisville Metro officers knocked and announced themselves before breaching the door to Breonna Taylor's apartment.

I have read a bunch of stuff on both sides that indicate that some say there was an announcement and knocking, but others say there was not. The residents were supposedly asleep and may not have totally had a clear recollection of events due to their sleep.

My only point in this is that the "Stand Your Ground" or "Castle" defense is superseded by the knocking and/or announcement of law enforcement. Maybe they did not knock, maybe they did. I only know what I read and body cams would have that. Just because someone says they did not hear anyone knock does not mean the police didn't.

I wish I could use ignorance as a defense on my speeding tickets or avoiding paying taxes, but we all know that won't hold water.

False foundations of the argument lead to inaccurate conclusions.

Her life lost is tragic, that is not disputed, but please stop with the "she was murdered by a bunch of systematic racist cops" Save the slippery slope political agenda race baiting canonizations of anyone who accidentally dies for the media. It just makes people look disingenuous; maybe they are. We know BOTH sides of the media are.

general maximus
Douche
Douche

lefty120 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime on Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:30 am

I agree. So let's change the facts a bit.

Let's say they acted on the no-knock warrant and the first thing the police did was bust down the door. Let's say the boyfriend had a semi-automatic rifle and used it to kill all three or four police officers.

It can't be in this country that there are laws that allow a citizen to legally kill four police officers that were doing their jobs and following orders.

You can't have "stand your ground" laws and "no-knock" warrants in the same jurisdiction.

Teetime
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum