Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Notorious RBG RIP

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

The Notorious RBG RIP - Page 3 Empty Re: The Notorious RBG RIP

Post by tps on Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:32 pm

Teetime wrote:
tps wrote:dems are talking about packing the supreme court (adding judges), impeaching trump, impeaching barr, adding states (DC and Puerto Rico) ...that reaction seems a little extreme.


But as someone famously said, "elections have consequences "

they sure do. 
it seems, when the group not in power vows to change the rules to insure they are in power for a very long time (allow non-citizens to vote, eliminate the electoral college, add states that are 'on their side', pack the courts..."nothing is off the table"), then it appears that group might be the power hungry fascists that they say they oppose and, it's all legal if the party in power makes it law, because elections have consequences, no arguments here,bruh.

tps
Bee-otch

Posts : 172
Join date : 2009-11-06

Back to top Go down

The Notorious RBG RIP - Page 3 Empty Re: The Notorious RBG RIP

Post by Head Idiot on Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:34 pm

Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Posts : 11443
Join date : 2008-09-23
Age : 102
Location : Here

Back to top Go down

The Notorious RBG RIP - Page 3 Empty Re: The Notorious RBG RIP

Post by OSUBucks on Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:46 pm


These are crazy times we're living in now and the division is worse than any time I can remember. There's also talk among Democrats to increase the number of Justices on the SCOTUS, so that if Biden wins he can appoint a couple Liberals. Once they do that what's stopping the GOP from doing the same thing once they're back in power, which they will be eventually.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Posts : 4198
Join date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

The Notorious RBG RIP - Page 3 Empty Re: The Notorious RBG RIP

Post by tps on Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:51 pm

OSUBucks wrote:

These are crazy times we're living in now and the division is worse than any time I can remember. There's also talk among Democrats to increase the number of Justices on the SCOTUS, so that if Biden wins he can appoint a couple Liberals. Once they do that what's stopping the GOP from doing the same thing once they're back in power, which they will be eventually.

per the speaker of the house "nothing is off the table".
since trump is so power hungry, technically, he could have increased the justices

tps
Bee-otch

Posts : 172
Join date : 2009-11-06

Back to top Go down

The Notorious RBG RIP - Page 3 Empty Re: The Notorious RBG RIP

Post by Head Idiot on Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:54 pm

OSUBucks wrote:

These are crazy times we're living in now and the division is worse than any time I can remember. There's also talk among Democrats to increase the number of Justices on the SCOTUS, so that if Biden wins he can appoint a couple Liberals. Once they do that what's stopping the GOP from doing the same thing once they're back in power, which they will be eventually.
They tried this once. It didn't go well.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judicial_Procedures_Reform_Bill_of_1937
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Posts : 11443
Join date : 2008-09-23
Age : 102
Location : Here

Back to top Go down

The Notorious RBG RIP - Page 3 Empty Re: The Notorious RBG RIP

Post by Teetime on Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:21 pm

Head Idiot wrote:
They tried this once. It didn't go well.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judicial_Procedures_Reform_Bill_of_1937

That wasn’t so bad. Proposed by democrats, tabled by democrats, never saw the light of day.


_________________
Donald J. Trump, he is my President now........sad!
"COVID under control. economy rebounding, inner-city Democrats rioting = Trump in a landslide.....(BW 6/29/2020)
Teetime
Teetime
Admin

Posts : 7105
Join date : 2008-09-11
Location : Right across the street from net

Back to top Go down

The Notorious RBG RIP - Page 3 Empty Re: The Notorious RBG RIP

Post by Head Idiot on Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:57 pm

Teetime wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:
They tried this once. It didn't go well.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judicial_Procedures_Reform_Bill_of_1937

That wasn’t so bad. Proposed by democrats, tabled by democrats, never saw the light of day.

It's one of the bigger black marks against FDR and was a huge scam at the time.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Posts : 11443
Join date : 2008-09-23
Age : 102
Location : Here

Back to top Go down

The Notorious RBG RIP - Page 3 Empty Re: The Notorious RBG RIP

Post by Head Idiot on Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:37 pm

Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Posts : 11443
Join date : 2008-09-23
Age : 102
Location : Here

lefty120 likes this post

Back to top Go down

The Notorious RBG RIP - Page 3 Empty Re: The Notorious RBG RIP

Post by Teetime on Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:35 pm

Head Idiot wrote:
It's one of the bigger black marks against FDR and was a huge scam at the time.


Was it a scam? It wasn’t illegal, it wasn’t unconstitutional. It wasn’t something FDR should have been proud of, but it was similar to the Republican position on SC seats.

_________________
Donald J. Trump, he is my President now........sad!
"COVID under control. economy rebounding, inner-city Democrats rioting = Trump in a landslide.....(BW 6/29/2020)
Teetime
Teetime
Admin

Posts : 7105
Join date : 2008-09-11
Location : Right across the street from net

Back to top Go down

The Notorious RBG RIP - Page 3 Empty Re: The Notorious RBG RIP

Post by Head Idiot on Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:44 pm

Teetime wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:
It's one of the bigger black marks against FDR and was a huge scam at the time.


Was it a scam? It wasn’t illegal, it wasn’t unconstitutional. It wasn’t something FDR should have been proud of, but it was similar to the Republican position on SC seats.
Maybe scam isn't the best word. I was going to use scandal, but given modern context post Watergate, that isn't right either. As was said by my self proclaimed far left progressive history professor in college- it was one of his largest mis steps and gave his opponents more than enough ammunition to attack him as having no interest in preserving traditional American government and trying to reinvent it in a socialist/communist vein.

And, here we are 80 years later talking about doing it again
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Posts : 11443
Join date : 2008-09-23
Age : 102
Location : Here

Teetime likes this post

Back to top Go down

The Notorious RBG RIP - Page 3 Empty Re: The Notorious RBG RIP

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum