Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who is in, who is out, who is combined?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Who is in, who is out, who is combined? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who is in, who is out, who is combined?

Post by net on Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:29 pm

sps 186 remote.

chatham hs remote. elementary hybrid.

ac central had a bunch of teachers exposed. going remote.

riverton going remote.

shg is going normal.

jacksonville hybrid-for now.
net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Who is in, who is out, who is combined? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who is in, who is out, who is combined?

Post by dusty7 on Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:33 pm

lefty120 wrote:T Maxwell coached with me at Peotone from 04-08...great guy, great teacher, and best OL coach I’ve worked with. Our program was not as good when he left.

Never worked with Maxwell but got to know him through many track meets, great guy and solid coach. For what it's worth, the program lost all stability after you left. 3 HCs from '10 - 15, but coach Tolly is doing a great job and nice to see the program in good hands. There was so much coaching turn over, I was the only coach that was there for all four years for 3 straight Senior classes. Would have been 4 if I stayed one more year.

Back on topic...
Manteno went in person 3 days and no issues thus far
Peotone going hybrid but not starting until 9/2
BBCHS hybrid, no issues last week
Bradley Elem pushed back start to after Labor day due to 1 staff member testing positive
Momence in person, 2 staff member tested positive before school started
dusty7
dusty7
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 on Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:43 am

dusty7 wrote:
lefty120 wrote:T Maxwell coached with me at Peotone from 04-08...great guy, great teacher, and best OL coach I’ve worked with. Our program was not as good when he left.

Never worked with Maxwell but got to know him through many track meets, great guy and solid coach.  For what it's worth, the program lost all stability after you left.  3 HCs from '10 - 15, but coach Tolly is doing a great job and nice to see the program in good hands.  There was so much coaching turn over, I was the only coach that was there for all four years for 3 straight Senior classes. Would have been 4 if I stayed one more year.

Back on topic...
Manteno went in person 3 days and no issues thus far
Peotone going hybrid but not starting until 9/2
BBCHS hybrid, no issues last week
Bradley Elem pushed back start to after Labor day due to 1 staff member testing positive
Momence in person, 2 staff member tested positive before school started

Thanks for the kind words...I've heard from numerous people that Coach Tolly is a solid guy and is doing a great job. Sure seems to be in my dealings with him. Peotone has always seemed to be the type of place people get started, but rarely stay long. I know we seemed to go through a lot of turnover with asst. coaches for a time period that's for sure.

Heard Bradley Elem district has a couple administrators that have COVID. We've had several kids miss and have to go full remote due to quarantining.

lefty120
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 on Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:15 am

Peotone was pretty stable until Lefty left 3 Coaches over 30 years is pretty good. Tolly is a great dude and does a great job. I think he is a really good fit there and the program is in good hands.

As far as Covid we went Thursday and Friday and survived to week 2
Bighitter11
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 on Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:34 pm

Bighitter11 wrote:Peotone was pretty stable until Lefty left 3 Coaches over 30 years is pretty good. Tolly is a great dude and does a great job. I think he is a really good fit there and the program is in good hands.

As far as Covid we went Thursday and Friday and survived to week 2

I was Tolly's DC and he was a very late hire. We only had 4 coaches on staff and had a great group of Seniors who were great leaders. We went a very close 4-5, almost knocked of highly rated Plano and Wilmington, one of the most fun years I've had coaching.
dusty7
dusty7
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot on Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:38 pm

So, my daughter's school has made a "rule" that for online schooling there is to be no pajamas and no Zoom in your room.

HOW in the hell do you plan to enforce that?
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 on Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:46 pm

We had our first day, I was not there due to the new baby, but from my sub told me, kids were very happy to be back in school, they were a bit subdued but as the day progressed they became more comfortable. I can't wait to get in the building on Monday!
dusty7
dusty7
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 on Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:59 pm

Head Idiot wrote:So, my daughter's school has made a "rule" that for online schooling there is to be no pajamas and no Zoom in your room.

My guess is it’s more of a suggestion...we sent out something similar that the kids need to be up and out of bed, dressed appropriately for school etc...I don’t think there have been any major problems...I think most teachers are fine with whatever as long as the kids are online and at least somewhat engaged. Personally, teaching a class with kids in two separate places has been no fun at all.

lefty120
Bee-otch

OldTitan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by wolverine55 on Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:30 pm

We have been told to have something uploaded for kids to do for the virtual days but they don't have to necessarily be logged in and viewing the class at the regular time. In fact, our administration told us that if we were planning to do a livestream or whatever you want to call it it may be better to just record and upload it later for the virtual students.
wolverine55
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 on Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:51 pm

lefty120 wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:So, my daughter's school has made a "rule" that for online schooling there is to be no pajamas and no Zoom in your room.

My guess is it’s more of a suggestion...we sent out something similar that the kids need to be up and out of bed, dressed appropriately for school etc...I don’t think there have been any major problems...I think most teachers are fine with whatever as long as the kids are online and at least somewhat engaged. Personally, teaching a class with kids in two separate places has been no fun at all.

This is why I am happy we outsourced remote learning to a 3rd party for our HS kids. Elem and JH each have 2 teachers per level for remote learning only.

We have the same rule for dress code.
dusty7
dusty7
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot on Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:49 pm

My wife's district just announced the HS is going to remote learning due to 7 cases that stem from a HS party. But the Jr High (who shares multiple teachers with the HS and is in the same building) and elementary will continue with in person learning as instructed by the health department. scratch

I just wish any of these decisions being made made any logical sense and didn't scream of made up bullshit virtue signaling.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot on Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:28 pm

"Rumor" around the district is that due to a few influential teacher's union members "fearing for their personal safety", my kids' district is looking at online instruction for the entire year.

My kids will be attending the district of their mother's employment if that is truly the case.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot on Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:22 pm

Decatur public schools just announced they're going remote to "start" 2nd quarter.

(Shakes head)
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime on Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:20 pm

My kid sister sent me this info from the SBoE that includes a color coded map of who is doing what

https://isp.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/fceeacb37da04de4b237ed941dd7d5c4

AND she sent me this map from the IDPH that shows where the virus is at it's most active:

https://www.dph.illinois.gov/countymetrics?county=Wayne

I think she wants me to see some kind of negative correlation? Anyone see that?

Teetime
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by general maximus on Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:31 am

Tee, Thanks for the graphic

We have been full remote from the start. Actually we adopted remote way early and were mocked by other local districts and now they are coming to see if they can model their after ours now that they are being pushed to remote.

Conversely, Oct. 19th we are planning to come back from Remote to a Hybrid

Laughable local story. One district near us with about 250 kids in the HS had 180 kids on suspected close contact quarantine. So they were supposed to be home. The school went remote as a result. One of the administrators of that school were notified of a large gathering at the park. Someone said it was almost 40 kids that were at the park. Not all of them actively playing basketball, but lots were in cars around the court.

general maximus
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot on Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:52 pm

Couple teachers in my daughter's "Zoom school" said this morning the board agreed to go back to in person learning Oct 5th. I haven't seen anything to that nature- email, text, call, announcement, etc.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 on Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:24 pm

We are on day 20, Full Day, Full In-Person, about 930 students district wide going in-person.

3 Positive Cases among students district-wide; all 2/3 are back in school
1 Positive Case among staff; occurred outside of school, member has been back for 3 weeks

Also, our attendance is phenomenal, I have only had 5 absences since our first day.
dusty7
dusty7
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by net on Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:15 pm

new berlin to hybrid 10/16.
net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by net on Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:18 pm

i can remember the only time hybrid was mentioned was to corn, maters and weed.

and an occasional 'tweener' to an olb or a safety.

net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum