Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who is in, who is out, who is combined?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Who is in, who is out, who is combined? Empty Who is in, who is out, who is combined?

Post by newcom on Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:24 am

Newman had our first successful day of in school, praying we can continue! study study
newcom
newcom
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Who is in, who is out, who is combined? Empty Re: Who is in, who is out, who is combined?

Post by center on Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:11 am

Oregon:

In person 5 days per week, 5 hours per day (high school is 10-3).. Remote learning option, you are either one or the other. Been in one week now.

center
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Who is in, who is out, who is combined? Empty Re: Who is in, who is out, who is combined?

Post by Head Idiot on Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:21 am

My kids (Warrensburg Latham) start online Monday. My wife started in person (Cerro Gordo) Monday. My kids are online until 2nd quarter.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 on Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:37 am

We are blended today...A-K in person Monday / Thursday, L-Z in person Tuesday / Friday. Wednesday's everyone zooms in. Technology has worked okay...it's not been fun so far though. First instinct says we should have just bit the bullet and gone all in together for shorter days. Kids on Zoom could be a problem eventually when they get more used to it...I already yelled at two kids who were playing rock paper scissors between them. If I didn't only have 9 years left, I'd have to seriously think about my career. I'm afraid this is going to be the way it is the whole year.

lefty120
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot on Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:51 am

lefty120 wrote:We are blended today...A-K in person Monday / Thursday, L-Z in person Tuesday / Friday.  Wednesday's everyone zooms in.  Technology has worked okay...it's not been fun so far though.  First instinct says we should have just bit the bullet and gone all in together for shorter days.  Kids on Zoom could be a problem eventually when they get more used to it...I already yelled at two kids who were playing rock paper scissors between them.  If I didn't only have 9 years left, I'd have to seriously think about my career.  I'm afraid this is going to be the way it is the whole year.  
Walking away with 10-11 left was the best thing I've done.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 on Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:06 pm

You know, in the current climate...it's hard to not consider it. If you don't mind me asking, what did you do with your T.R.S.?

lefty120
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by center on Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:45 pm

It will be interesting to see how many are left in teaching and coaching in a few years. This year will take its toll.

center
Bee-otch

lefty120 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 on Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:56 pm

First day for teachers is today. We are full in person starting on Wednesday, probably won't last long, and we have 70 or so students doing Remote through a 3rs party. That helped lower our class sizes, my largest is 16, used to 25-30.
dusty7
dusty7
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot on Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:03 pm

lefty120 wrote:You know, in the current climate...it's hard to not consider it.  If you don't mind me asking, what did you do with your T.R.S.?  
Nothing. My years of service count toward my retirement under the rule of 85. Your age and years of service have to add up to 85 to retire at 55. At 55 I'll have 31 years of service so I'll have an 86 and I'll probably retire to mowing grass until my wife retires 6 years later.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 on Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:30 pm

Is that because you went from one state agency to another?

lefty120
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot on Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:32 pm

lefty120 wrote:Is that because you went from one state agency to another?
Yes. Corrections and TRS are reciprocal agencies.

I have less time left than some of my bosses. A fact most of them refuse to believe.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

lefty120 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 on Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:33 pm

Hearing that makes me want to guard prisons after today.

lefty120
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot on Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:38 pm

lefty120 wrote:Hearing that makes me want to guard prisons after today.  
Vandalia is a pretty good place to work from what I hear. Their warden is a former major here in Decatur. I really like her.

Problem is, I don't think they hire very often. I think the next closest facility to you is like 90 miles.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by wolverine55 on Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:17 pm

We started teacher workdays Monday and then our students return Tuesday of next week. Very first day (Monday) I was exposed to someone who was "possibly exposed" and has since tested positive. So, I've been working from home this week and not going to football practice until I get test results back. Good sign for how this year will go...
wolverine55
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 on Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:18 am

Our new JH Principal did some time with you at Peotone. Seems like a decent guy
Bighitter11
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 on Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:52 am

Bighitter11 wrote:

Our new JH Principal did some time with you at Peotone.  Seems like a decent guy

Who's that?

lefty120
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by OldTitan on Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:08 am

We are A/B schedule with about 20% of our students opting for remote.
OldTitan
OldTitan
Dr. Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 on Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:09 am

lefty120 wrote:
Bighitter11 wrote:

Our new JH Principal did some time with you at Peotone.  Seems like a decent guy

Who's that?

Josh Houberg
Bighitter11
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 on Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:20 pm

Josh Houberg...was at IW I believe. He is a good guy. I enjoyed working with him. He was a science teacher at Peotone...coached football with us. Good guy and the kids loved him.

lefty120
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot on Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:29 pm

Iroquois West?

Maybe now that he's gone they'll win all the football games those kids on here were promising us. 😀
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 on Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:47 pm

lefty120 wrote:Josh Houberg...was at IW I believe.  He is a good guy.  I enjoyed working with him.  He was a science teacher at Peotone...coached football with us.  Good guy and the kids loved him.  

Seems like a good guy he was at IW last year said he coached with you back in the day with Nick and Maxwell and crew. Im just glad there is another Male in the Junior high building.
Bighitter11
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 on Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:49 pm

Head Idiot wrote:Iroquois West?

Maybe now that he's gone they'll win all the football games those kids on here were promising us. 😀

Their time is coming they hired Jason Thiele the stud WR from their 2003 title team as Head Coach. They got some talent coming through now if they can keep them eligible to play and what not. Been kicking the shit out of us in Junior football the last few years. We are going to see a drop off in talent and number for a few years they might get some revenge and Jdan12 might come back to the site.
Bighitter11
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 on Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:00 pm

lefty120 wrote:Josh Houberg...was at IW I believe. He is a good guy. I enjoyed working with him. He was a science teacher at Peotone...coached football with us. Good guy and the kids loved him.

Yes, Houberg is a great guy! Was upset when he left Peotones but moved on to bigger better things. Happy he's with you guys at CC!
dusty7
dusty7
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by OldTitan on Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:36 pm

Bighitter11 wrote:
lefty120 wrote:Josh Houberg...was at IW I believe.  He is a good guy.  I enjoyed working with him.  He was a science teacher at Peotone...coached football with us.  Good guy and the kids loved him.  

Seems like a good guy he was at IW last year said he coached with you back in the day with Nick and Maxwell and crew.  Im just glad there is another Male in the Junior high building.

If it is T. Maxwell - I coached him in youth football back in the day at SJO.
OldTitan
OldTitan
Dr. Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 on Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:33 pm

T Maxwell coached with me at Peotone from 04-08...great guy, great teacher, and best OL coach I’ve worked with. Our program was not as good when he left.

lefty120
Bee-otch

OldTitan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum