Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Phase 4 = high school football?

+25
Pike Bishop
tm
4a(6afornet)north
tps
ging
dusty7
Teetime
guerin2.0
footballguy99
Bighitter11
Cyclone1
streatorfan88
HHSTigerFan2
newcom
wolverine55
ramblinman
center
lefty120
19delta
mc140
BirdWatcher
Head Idiot
net
OldTitan
OSUBucks
29 posters

Page 15 of 18 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Go down

Phase 4 = high school football? - Page 15 Empty Re: Phase 4 = high school football?

Post by OSUBucks Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:45 am

Head Idiot wrote:Man, last night would have been a fantastic night weather wise for a game.

I was thinking the exact same thing.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Phase 4 = high school football? - Page 15 Empty Re: Phase 4 = high school football?

Post by wolverine55 Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:07 pm

[quote="Head Idiot"]Man, last night would have been a fantastic night weather wise for a game.[/quote

Unfortunately, we played like crap, my special teams in particular, but yes the weather at least was fantastic!
wolverine55
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:21 am

I have to say this...I believe that we should be playing football right now and that we can do it safely.  That's just my gut feeling.  I'm not a scientist or a doctor; but many states have proven, at least thus far, that it can be done.  However, I'm getting very tired of the constant barrage of parents, players, and worst of all, coaches on twitter who find it necessary to consistently call out the Governor and his staff.  We've had rallies, we've voiced our thoughts and opinions...it's not happening.  Should the Governor have given more evidence of scientific data behind his answer of not having football and other sports?  I believe he should have.  But come on...we have suburban coaches calling out the Sun-Times H.S. sports guy Michael O'Brien, who, aside from the Springfield 1450 guys who are outstanding, is about as strong an advocate for high school sports in the state, for simply reporting news.  What are we teaching the kids?  They've voiced their opinions and been heard...there's nothing else we can do.  But so many of these coaches are trying to teach these kids that if we kick and scream enough, we may get what we want.  That's wrong.  We all want to play...I haven't spoken with a coach in Southern Illinois that doesn't.  But at what point does it stop?  We elect our government officials in this country...yes, they work for us...but this isn't a country where we can simply vote 'no confidence' and get rid of said leader when he or she isn't doing what we'd like them to do.  

It's getting exhausting and honestly, at this point, what's the difference if we play in the spring or now...by the time we'd be able to start playing, it'll be almost the same type of weather we will deal with in March.  I'd be concerned if my kids had to start practicing every day for 2 weeks and then all of a sudden prep for a game the following week; we aren't ready for that...think bad of me or not, we've gone Monday and Thursdays for 90 min. each day.  That's it...we will use 8 total contact days as of next Thursday and then we hand them over to basketball.  We've been dealing with this crap since the first week of June.  I guess I'm just tired of hearing about it and want a break.

lefty120
Bee-otch

newcom likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by center Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:41 am

You put that very well Lefty. I have grown really tired of the complaining also.

center
Bee-otch

newcom and lefty120 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:23 pm

One of my favorite people is Coach Ken Leonard at SHG. A couple of days before the Saturday rally at the Statehouse he gave an interview to a local radio station and as a result, a long-time political reporter at the State Journal Register wrote about the words Ken used and got Ken's reaction to the way the political writer interpreted those words. It has caused a bit of a kerfuffle. In todays SJR Ken offered an explanation of the words he used in the interview. I would post that, but I have an online subscription to the SJR that I can only access on my I-Pad. Bernie Schoenberg is the political writer at the SRJ.

This weekly blogger guy (Capitolfax) has summarized the issue and 85 people (many SHG haters in Springfield) have commented on it....

https://capitolfax.com/2020/09/23/flag-thrown-after-springfield-football-coach-triggers-godwins-law/
Teetime
Teetime
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:05 pm

Teetime wrote:One of my favorite people is Coach Ken Leonard at SHG. A couple of days before the Saturday rally at the Statehouse he gave an interview to a local radio station and as a result, a long-time political reporter at the State Journal Register wrote about the words Ken used and got Ken's reaction to the way the political writer interpreted those words. It has caused a bit of a kerfuffle. In todays SJR Ken offered an explanation of the words he used in the interview. I would post that, but I have an online subscription to the SJR that I can only access on my I-Pad. Bernie Schoenberg is the political writer at the SRJ.

This weekly blogger guy (Capitolfax) has summarized the issue and 85 people (many SHG haters in Springfield) have commented on it....

https://capitolfax.com/2020/09/23/flag-thrown-after-springfield-football-coach-triggers-godwins-law/
People are so stupid I'm surprised it doesn't physically hurt them.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:31 pm

Tee is right in that there are a lot of SHG haters in Springfield. When making a point it is never a good idea to bring up the word Hitler. Ken wasn't saying our Governor is as bad as Hitler but some people act like they are taking it that way. I read the Capital Fax article earlier today.
For the record I think Pritzker has done a pretty good job in handling the Pandemic. I also think we could safely play football, other states with higher positivity rates than Illinois have played safely these past few weeks. The Governor obviously disagrees. A lot of folks on Capital Fax are people that don't understand the positives sports can have on our young people and are very dismissive of folks like Ken Leonard. There are some really intelligent folks who comment on that board but a lot of others who greatly overestimate their contributions to that site.
I was kind of pissed when reading a lot of those comments, a lot of really cheap shots at a good man.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:45 pm

Teetime
Teetime
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:22 am

Both Leonard's are good people and I've had nothing but positive interactions with both...more Derek than Ken, but both are pretty damn genuine guys in my opinion.  As soon as I read the article and his quotes, as a History teacher I knew exactly what he was referencing and what he meant...the problem is, in 2020 you can't say Hitler or Germany without people going crazy, especially if they're on the other side of any argument from you.  Those words will always get twisted to fit their argument.

lefty120
Bee-otch

Head Idiot and OSUBucks like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:41 am

Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:13 pm

...or as I am incorrectly reported as doing.

From the article:  "Teddi’s behavior flies in the face of Pritzker’s order against reinstating the Illinois high school athletic season"  

Are cross country, golf, tennis and swimming not going on right now?   Did I miss something?  I understand the governor is not budging on fall football, but he is apparently also against reinstating the Illinois high school athletic season  WOW, I did not know that it was in need of reinstating!

Of course, you do know who owns the Prairie State Wire, right?
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:51 pm

ramblinman wrote:

...or as I am incorrectly reported as doing.

From the article:  "Teddi’s behavior flies in the face of Pritzker’s order against reinstating the Illinois high school athletic season"  

Are cross country, golf, tennis and swimming not going on right now?   Did I miss something?  I understand the governor is not budging on fall football, but he is apparently also against reinstating the Illinois high school athletic season  WOW, I did not know that it was in need of reinstating!

Of course, you do know who owns the Prairie State Wire, right?

The optics are bad for Pritzker on this. With that being said, his daughter is 18. She's an adult. That gives him quite a bit of wiggle room.
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:04 am

Lawsuit apparently being filed today. Not sure what at this point all these people hope to accomplish. We should be at the very least 3-4 games into our season at this point. Part of our countries problem right now is many people don't know when to let stuff go and just move on.

lefty120
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by newcom Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:07 am

19delta wrote:The optics are bad for Pritzker on this. With that being said, his daughter is 18. She's an adult. That gives him quite a bit of wiggle room.

He has a lot to Wiggle! cheers Enjoy the show Enjoy the show baby
newcom
newcom
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:18 am

lefty120 wrote:Lawsuit apparently being filed today.  Not sure what at this point all these people hope to accomplish.  We should be at the very least 3-4 games into our season at this point.  Part of our countries problem right now is many people don't know when to let stuff go and just move on.  

Too late to salvage a football season this fall but maybe it helps ensure that we for sure play in Spring and Winter Sports go on as scheduled as well. We all know with evil JB lurking he could pull the rug at anytime.
Bighitter11
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

lefty120 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:40 pm

Anyone else find it at least ironically chuckle worthy that this has been the most fall like fall weather wise we've had in a really long time?
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

lefty120 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:51 pm

Head Idiot wrote:Anyone else find it at least ironically chuckle worthy that this has been the most fall like fall weather wise we've had in a really long time?

Yep, almost every Friday night I'm thinking damn another good evening for football. Hope I'm wrong but I'll bet fat ass won't let us play in the Spring either.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:01 pm

OSUBucks wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:Anyone else find it at least ironically chuckle worthy that this has been the most fall like fall weather wise we've had in a really long time?

Yep, almost every Friday night I'm thinking damn another good evening for football. Hope I'm wrong but I'll bet fat ass won't let us play in the Spring either.
Illinois- we have a .7% positivity rate.

JB- still too high for this deadly, deadly disease...
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

lefty120 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:24 am

Man alive, last night would have been a fantastic night for football.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by wolverine55 Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:30 am

Head Idiot wrote:Man alive, last night would have been a fantastic night for football.

Once again, I can confirm it was indeed a fantastic night for football!
wolverine55
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:48 am

Head Idiot wrote:Man alive, last night would have been a fantastic night for football.

Yes it would have. I went up to Mason county yesterday afternoon. Bow deer season came in October 1. Shot a doe last night. Felt good to be out there again. Big 10 football 3 weeks from today. Unless they cancel it again.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Sat Oct 03, 2020 6:37 pm

Between the great weather and the week by week memorable games thread, I occasionally find myself wishing I was still coaching.

And then I remember 2016, March 2018- March 2019 and I'm quickly cured. Very Happy
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by general maximus Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:38 am

Head Idiot wrote:Between the great weather and the week by week memorable games thread, I occasionally find myself wishing I was still coaching.

And then I remember 2016, March 2018- March 2019 and I'm quickly cured. Very Happy

Tell me about it. LOL

general maximus
Douche
Douche

OldTitan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by newcom Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:05 pm

Tonight will be a fantastic night for High School, Football.... In Iowa Embarassed Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad
newcom
newcom
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 18 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next