Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Minneapolis Officer arrested.

+13
ging
tps
guerin2.0
lefty120
wolverine55
ramblinman
dusty7
BirdWatcher
Teetime
Pike Bishop
19delta
net
OSUBucks
17 posters

Page 13 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16 ... 20  Next

Go down

Minneapolis Officer arrested. - Page 13 Empty Re: Minneapolis Officer arrested.

Post by 19delta Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:23 pm

BirdWatcher wrote:When is this statue coming down?

Minneapolis Officer arrested. - Page 13 Byrd10

I don't know anything about Byrd other than the fact that he was a member of the KKK.

What else did he do? He was in the Senate for a really long time, right?

Without knowing much about him, I would probably put him in the category of Washington, Jefferson, Madison in regards to having a complicated place in history.

So, I guess Byrd is not as bad as the Confederates but maybe a little better than someone like Strom Thurmond?
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:29 pm

Minneapolis Officer arrested. - Page 13 Byrd10

Good question, he did belong to the KKK for a time but he has one thing going for him, he's a Democrat so that might explain why he's escaped scrutiny from the media for that.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:00 pm

Exactly.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:34 pm

dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:50 pm

That is not going to go over well with the ladies in prison. They loved that show.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:58 pm

I don't have a problem debating statues with people that have some sort of knowledge/perspective. The problem is, these groups doing don't have that.

https://www.wbur.org/artery/2020/06/03/16-statues-memorials-damaged
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:10 pm

Head Idiot wrote:I don't have a problem debating statues with people that have some sort of knowledge/perspective. The problem is, these groups doing don't have that.

Goddammit...not gonna lie. I have seen "Glory" dozens of times and it still gives me chills. That scene when the white Connecticut soldier shouts out "Give 'em Hell, 54!" gets me right in the feels every time.
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:26 pm

One of Frederick Douglass's sons served under Shaw and was wounded during the battle but survived.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:09 pm

OSUBucks wrote:One of Frederick Douglass's sons served under Shaw and was wounded during the battle but survived.

I think 2 of Frederick Douglass's sons served in the 54th. And Douglass actually volunteered to serve but he was too old.

Amazing story..those guys...every one of them that stormed Fort Wagner... Jesus...how is that not a national holiday?
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:13 pm

19delta wrote:
OSUBucks wrote:One of Frederick Douglass's sons served under Shaw and was wounded during the battle but survived.

I think 2 of Frederick Douglass's sons served in the 54th. And Douglass actually volunteered to serve but he was too old.

Amazing story..those guys...every one of them that stormed Fort Wagner... Jesus...how is that not a national holiday?
Because the lost.

Just like they Confederates. Razz
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdWatcher Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:14 pm

Teetime wrote:

Exactly.

Won't happen. He was a Democrat. Biden gave his eulogy. Nobody (in the DNC) cares that he was a leader of the KKK in his area of West Virginia.

Douche
Douche

http://tn.oakcrestfarms.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:48 pm

Head Idiot wrote:
19delta wrote:

Because the lost.

Just like they Confederates. Razz
Just kidding.

We can't take it off because we take off for Columbus Day around then.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:32 pm

https://www.newyorker.com/culture/on-and-off-the-avenue/the-embarrassment-of-democrats-wearing-kente-cloth-stoles

I would have paid top dollar to have been a fly on the wall in the meeting where this stupidity was planned. It had to have been planned by Michael Scott.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:04 pm

Disingenuous as hell. These Democrats are no better than Trump when he stood in front of the church holding a bible (which he never reads).
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:04 pm

OSUBucks wrote:Disingenuous as hell. These Democrats are no better than Trump when he stood in front of the church holding a bible (which he never reads).

Except for the part where President Trump violated the constitutional rights of 2,000 of his fellow Americans in order to hoof it over to that church. That makes quite a difference when comparing the two staged events.

One required a violation of the Constitution of the United States (X2,000)....the other, just some really bad planning.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pike Bishop Sat Jun 13, 2020 3:15 pm

Head Idiot wrote:I don't have a problem debating statues with people that have some sort of knowledge/perspective. The problem is, these groups doing don't have that.

When are they going to tear down the Rocky Balboa statue in Philadelphia? He beat up three Black men and one Communist.

Pike Bishop
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:24 pm

Pike Bishop wrote:

When are they going to tear down the Rocky Balboa statue in Philadelphia? He beat up  three Black men and one Communist.

Ha! That's great!

Regarding the Rocky statue, there actually was controversy about it, but it wasn't racial:

https://www.pophistorydig.com/topics/the-rocky-statue-1980-2009/
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:58 pm

19delta wrote:
Pike Bishop wrote:

When are they going to tear down the Rocky Balboa statue in Philadelphia? He beat up  three Black men and one Communist.

Ha! That's great!

Regarding the Rocky statue, there actually was controversy about it, but it wasn't racial:

Art people are a separate kind of horrible.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:06 pm

https://www.dailywire.com/news/watch-filmmaker-tells-black-lives-matter-protests-statistics-about-police-shootings-gets-told-to-f-k-off?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=benshapiro

His video shows two statistics from the Post. The first shows that in 2019, 1,003 armed people were killed by police, including 405 whites, 249 black, and 349 listed as “other.” Also in 2019, 55 unarmed people were killed by police, including 25 whites, 14 blacks, and 16 listed as “other.”

Horowitz took this information to protesters upset over the May 25 police-involved death of Minneapolis man George Floyd, who died in the hospital after a white officer, Derek Chauvin, held his knee on Floyd’s neck for nearly nine minutes.

When Horowitz presented people with the data, he was told to “f—k off” by numerous demonstrators.

“I’m getting angry, I don’t want to talk anymore,” one white woman says after Horrowitz informs her that most black people killed by police are killed by black police officers.

When Horowitz tells one group of white protesters that there is police brutality but it’s not based on race, one says “Hey, there’s a bunch of d—ks over there you can go suck!”

“Do you care about the data?” he asks the group.

“Did you hear us, we said f—k off!” another person tells him.

“Your data can go suck the same d—k that you’re gonna go suck,” another person says.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:47 pm

Head Idiot wrote:
19delta wrote:
Pike Bishop wrote:

Ha! That's great!

Art people are a separate kind of horrible.

Laughing

Thanks, H.I. that made me snort my drink out of my nose!
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:06 pm

Just saw the video of Rayshard Brooks shooting in Atlanta. News is waiting to hear if DA will file charges against these two cops. CNN of course has these two guys in prison already. My question is, if you’ve seen the video, this guy was majorly resisting and grabbed one of the officers tasers...correct me if I have misinformation. But at what point does a police officer feel in reasonable harm to actually use his weapon?? I’m not saying this was a good shooting, but this seems a bit sketchy to me. They keep saying he wasn’t armed, but he grabbed an officers taser for Christ sakes. The resistance to arrest was obviously serious as he wrestled away from custody and began running away.

lefty120
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:17 pm

lefty120 wrote:Just saw the video of Rayshard Brooks shooting in Atlanta. News is waiting to hear if DA will file charges against these two cops. CNN of course has these two guys in prison already. My question is, if you’ve seen the video, this guy was majorly resisting and grabbed one of the officers tasers...correct me if I have misinformation. But at what point does a police officer feel in reasonable harm to actually use his weapon??  I’m not saying this was a good shooting, but this seems a bit sketchy to me. They keep saying he wasn’t armed, but he grabbed an officers taser for Christ sakes. The resistance to arrest was obviously serious as he wrestled away from custody and began running away.

I have not seen the video and haven't read up on the case, but wasn't he shot in the back? I find that problematic.

Cops aren't supposed to shoot innocent people, but they aren't supposed to shoot guilty people, either.
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:32 pm

The man did resist arrest and at one point did appear to have a taser in his hand. It's very difficult to kill anyone with a taser though. The victim was running away, with his back to the cops when he was shot twice in the back. Lethal force should only be used when the cops lives are in danger. Their lives weren't in danger when the one officer killed that man.
The man was guilty of falling asleep in the drive thru at Wendy's and he did resist when the cops tried to cuff him. For that he received a death sentence from that officer. That is just wrong. I wish the cops would have just offered him a ride home.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:44 pm

OSUBucks wrote:I wish the cops would have just offered him a ride home.
I watched up until about the 25min mark and then the 3 minutes of the shooting.

Did the guy ever become lucent enough to tell them where he lived?
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:56 pm

Thank you for the additional information. Agreed, no shooting is a good one if the assailant doesn’t have a weapon. I agree this is a sketchy deal. Ok...another gripe though; the Atlanta DA has been giving the charges for almost 40 min now in this huge press conference detailing all this stuff and why they’ve charged these guys, pictures, evidence etc. These guys will never get any type of a fair trial...no chance. This is a joke. Now an attorney representing 3 witnesses is speaking. How many people will be given their 15 min of fame? Is this normal?? Maybe it is, but man seems slanted to me.

lefty120
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16 ... 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum