Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Predications on going back to school on 3/31?

+5
lefty120
wolverine55
Head Idiot
OSUBucks
19delta
9 posters

Go down

Predications on going back to school on 3/31? Empty Predications on going back to school on 3/31?

Post by 19delta Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:52 pm

CPS extended their emergency days to April 20th. Iowa schools out until 4/30. Indiana public schools are now out until May 1st. Kansas schools are out for the rest of the year.

Does anyone think we will be going back on 3/31? What do you guys see for the rest of the semester?

If we end up not going back, what will that mean, going forward, for students?

Last edited by 19delta on Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Predications on going back to school on 3/31? Empty Re: Predications on going back to school on 3/31?

Post by OSUBucks Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:57 pm

I don't see any way that the kids go back on April 1. I think it will be at least 3 more weeks before the virus peaks in the US.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Predications on going back to school on 3/31? Empty Re: Predications on going back to school on 3/31?

Post by Head Idiot Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:30 pm

I don't see it happening.

Hell, if you're going to push it to mid to late April, what's the point of going back? It'll take you 2 weeks to get the kids locked back in and then you're 2-3 weeks from the end and they'll check out again.

The places talking about not going back until late fall are the ones who really stupify me.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by wolverine55 Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:08 pm

19delta wrote:CPS extended their emergency days to April 20th. Iowa schools out until 4/30. Indiana public schools are now out until May 1st. Kansas schools are out for the rest of the year.

Does anyone think we will be going back on 3/31? What do you guys see for the rest of the semester?

If we end up not going back, what will that mean, going forward, for students?

Unless I've missed something--it's been hard to keep track of--our date in Iowa is April 13th. But, no, I don't see us going back even that early to be honest.
wolverine55
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:05 pm

After today’s news conference, I’ll be surprised if I’m in a classroom again before August. Just a gut feeling.

lefty120
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:56 pm

This school year is over. We aren't going back until August at the earliest.
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:20 pm

19delta wrote:This school year is over. We aren't going back until August at the earliest.
Hell, why stop there? There's already people talking about no school all of next year.

If you spend your life worrying about dying, do you really ever live?
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:24 pm

Head Idiot wrote:
19delta wrote:This school year is over. We aren't going back until August at the earliest.
Hell, why stop there? There's already people talking about no school all of next year.

I have not heard anything about next school year. But I feel pretty confident that the 2019-2020 school year in Illinois is over.
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:40 pm

19delta wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:

I have not heard anything about next school year. But I feel pretty confident that the 2019-2020 school year in Illinois is over.
I've heard from 3 different people today, who in no way would have ever conversed with each other say exactly the same thing that this could go on 12-18 months. It's gotta be coming from somewhere.

We're already canceling to June. Why stop there?
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:28 am

Head Idiot wrote:

That’s right. We are all going to die anyway....let’s get to it.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wolverine55 Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:59 am

Head Idiot wrote:
19delta wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:

I've heard from 3 different people today, who in no way would have ever conversed with each other say exactly the same thing that this could go on 12-18 months. It's gotta be coming from somewhere.

We're already canceling to June. Why stop there?

I realize that there are some events that are big enough, require enough planning, or what have you that they may need to be cancelled right now. I agree with HI though in that I don't get the rush to do so. I'm not sure what's wrong with evaluating things two weeks at a time. I mean, Kansas has already shut down their schools for the rest of the school year. I guess I don't understand the rush to make such decisions when the information is changing all the time.
wolverine55
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:16 am

Teetime wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:

That’s right. We are all going to die anyway....let’s get to it.
Pretty much. I'd rather go out living than worrying I might be in that 1%.

But, you can't have the public going around not living in fear. How would you control them?
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:55 am

I tend to agree with all angles honestly. Is next school year, at least up to Christmas break on the chopping block? Probably. I also tend to have the mindset wtf are we doing here if we are gonna live in fear too?

My wife and I were discussing the other day and honestly, I think if the medical community can get a handle on how to consistently treat this thing it will change stuff. Whether it’s a vaccine, which will obviously take a while to get, or just some combination of anti-viral medications, if the medical community can get a handle on it things will start to get back to normal a bit. Who knows. It’s a crazy situation.

I’d hate for schools to miss more time than they already have. We have an 8th grader and a Senior who will both miss spring seasons that had tremendous promise and graduations. (Although, between you guys and myself, I could have cared less about 8th grade graduation)

lefty120
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:53 am

This is on what I'm basing my previous post:
https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/track?uri=urn%3Aaaid%3Ascds%3AUS%3A6f3347cd-fbba-4e85-9b98-505612f05675

The fact that the ISBE is saying that these cancelled days will now be referred to as "Remote Instructional Days"instead of
"Emergency Days" and that students will now be held accountable for attendance and grades certainly makes it appear that they think on-site schooling is done for this year.
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:24 am

🤔 Gonna be tough to grade to much...a lot of kids struggle to get to WiFi etc. Just like everything else with this, it’s gonna be messy for a while.

lefty120
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by SIFBCoach7 Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:01 pm

19delta wrote:This is on what I'm basing my previous post:
https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/track?uri=urn%3Aaaid%3Ascds%3AUS%3A6f3347cd-fbba-4e85-9b98-505612f05675

The fact that the ISBE is saying that these cancelled days will now be referred to as "Remote Instructional Days"instead of
"Emergency Days" and that students will now be held accountable for attendance and grades certainly makes it appear that they think on-site schooling is done for this year.

What about my kids who don't have internet at home? How will they receiver "remote" instruction?
SIFBCoach7
SIFBCoach7
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:54 pm

SIFBCoach7 wrote:
19delta wrote:This is on what I'm basing my previous post:

What about my kids who don't have internet at home?  How will they receiver "remote" instruction?  

The document says that one of the goals of the advisory group is to "ensure all students have access to remote instruction through whatever means possible."

I don't know what means. Is every kid in Illinois who needs internet and a device going to be provided with one?
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:04 pm

19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:43 pm

Have any of you guys looked at the 63-page document that the IDPH released regarding returning to school?

https://www.isbe.net/Documents/Part-3-Transition-Planning-Phase-4.pdf

Is any of this stuff even remotely possible? Given the way most schools are configured and how they operate, I think implementing many of these measures and enforcing these policies is going to be impossible.

19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by center Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:32 am

I looked it over this weekend. Some really tough restrictions.

Our PE teacher/HFC and I talked last night. He’s wondering what his job will be first semester. Weight rooms will be real limited. Locker rooms pretty much off limits. Jury still out on sports, especially football.

I can see some staff being supervisors all day with these restrictions. Kids stay in same classroom all school day. Teacher comes in, teaches, gives assignment, leaves. Supervisor stays the whole time.

Maybe your Athletic Directors can do that while they have less sports stuff!!!

center
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:49 am

center wrote:
Maybe your Athletic Directors can do that while they have less sports stuff!!!
That's funny.

I mean, they're still going to have golf and cross country, so, they're going to be REALLY busy.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdWatcher Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:01 pm

I'm in Texas, on my way west..... daughter in law (teacher) says it's full on here.... sports, classes, etc

Douche
Douche

http://tn.oakcrestfarms.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down