Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

St Rita vs. Sterling

4 posters

Go down

St Rita vs. Sterling Empty St Rita vs. Sterling

Post by Teetime Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:47 pm

I’m intrigued by this game. Are there any Turksters that follow St. Rita?

What are the strengths and weaknesses of St. Rita? What about Sterling. I saw all the offense Sterling put together in the second quarter of the round one game and came away impressed by their speed and blocking.

Any thoughts about the way this game might go?

The game is at Sterling Saturday at 1:00, two hours and 46 minutes straight north of Springfield.
Teetime
Teetime
Admin

Back to top Go down

St Rita vs. Sterling Empty Re: St Rita vs. Sterling

Post by ging Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:16 pm

i know that st. rita has a superstar at running back named kaleb brown.  only a sophomore but looks and plays like a seasoned veteran.  elite speed and excellent elusiveness.  has offers from ND and michigan already.

sterling's o line has played well this year and allowed several different backs to have a productive season.  their best offensive threat is qb cooper willman, who has run for 1200+ and thrown for close to 1000.

sterling can ill afford to have a slow start and try to play catch up. they did that against rock island and moline but eventually found their footing and rolled to big wins. can't do that against rita.
ging
ging
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by illinipete Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:25 pm

This will be a crazy game. Hopefully the D can step up like back in the day when Aaron Shae came to town and got shut down completely. Their qb looks good; running game looks good. Shootout coming!
illinipete
illinipete
I Pete my Pants

Back to top Go down

Post by ging Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:35 pm

illinipete wrote:Hopefully the D can step up like back in the day when Aaron Shae came to town and got shut down completely.

now THERE is a blast from the past. not sure any of the kids playing tomorrow have ever heard of aaron shea. but, shs fans would appreciate a similar result as that game from back in what... 1994?
ging
ging
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by wilky Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:19 pm

i too find this matchup interesting. i am rooting for sterling. i think st rita wins.

rita is one of those schools ala jca, bish mac etc that has to bang with some big dogs during the regular season to even make the playoffs but if they make it in they are a tough tough matchup. much like jca last year. rita shut out providence and niles Sally N D, hung with montini and richards. they are a good team.

i have said this before and got beat up a little (if i remember ging stuck up for me) but sterling is one of those teams that lose to every team they are supposed to in the playoffs. every team you thought they were gonna lose to they have. they have great regular season records for a while now but cant get to that next level.

i hope sterling wins but id put them as a 13 point dog.

wilky
Dr. Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by illinipete Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:27 pm

Making the semis two years running isn't getting to the next level? I agree with everything else you're saying but no small town public schools are beating who sterling lost to.
I think Rita scores at least 21 tomorrow. I hope sterling scores 22!
illinipete
illinipete
I Pete my Pants

Back to top Go down

Post by illinipete Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:31 pm

Fkn total mismatch.
illinipete
illinipete
I Pete my Pants

Back to top Go down

Post by illinipete Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:05 pm

25-0 and isn't that close. Rita with 9-10 in the box just shut everything down. They didn't pass like they did in the first round. 3 turnovers kept it close till half at only 16-0. You just knew it didn't matter.
illinipete
illinipete
I Pete my Pants

Back to top Go down

Post by ging Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:41 pm

kaleb brown is really, really good. so is st. rita.
ging
ging
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down