Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

District Poll Just to Pass Time

+14
wolverine55
general maximus
4a(6afornet)north
newcom
morrisfan
Teetime
center
Pirate
lefty120
Reggie
tincup1215
ramblinman
Head Idiot
tito-landrum
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

District Poll Just to Pass Time - Page 2 Empty Re: District Poll Just to Pass Time

Post by Bighitter11 Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:23 pm

We are going to be a no vote. I think Soucie's Mock up had Momence and Up in a Chicago District and the guy from the Whig on the other side of the State had us stretching West with several 2 hours trips in there.

Im not looking to play just schools our size and increase travel. I dont know about other teams but we rarely fill our open teaching positions with Coaches atleast not lately. We have 9 Coaches possibly a 10th coming back next year. Only 2 of them are Teachers in our district, the other is a teacher in a neighboring district. The rest of us working our Jobs doing our best to get to practice etc as soon as we can. That 2 hour drive to Deer Creek Mackinaw in the middle of nowhere might get me there in time for the National Anthem.
Bighitter11
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

District Poll Just to Pass Time - Page 2 Empty Re: District Poll Just to Pass Time

Post by lefty120 Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:23 am

Boy isn't that the truth! I hate to be 'that guy', but I sure am for a second. That has to be a small factor in this for some schools like yours. Travel will certainly increase for many schools and lets just call it what it is, kids coming out of college, if they do want to teach, don't want to coach anymore. When I graduated from college way back in the 1900's, it seemed everyone I went to school with that was going to teach wanted to coach, sponsor a club, whatever. Just get involved. We can't even get new teachers to do a simple class sponsorship for $500 which includes like 4 before school meetings for christ sakes. And sports are suffering even bigger. We have no basketball coaches on our teaching staff except the head guy. I have 1 assistant in the building out of 6. We have no assistant baseball guys, no track guys at all...it's a joke.

And teachers aren't moving to new towns to find jobs...the last 8, yes I said 8, teachers we've hired are all graduates of our high school. I was hired here in 2011; I'm the last one they hired that had to move to the area. That's also a huge factor; not to hijack the thread.

Still would be interested to hear what Net has to say and what the SHG guys are thinking about this (districts)...perhaps Althoff Catholic?

lefty120
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by tincup1215 Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:55 pm

lefty120 wrote:Boy isn't that the truth!  I hate to be 'that guy', but I sure am for a second.  That has to be a small factor in this for some schools like yours.  Travel will certainly increase for many schools and lets just call it what it is, kids coming out of college, if they do want to teach, don't want to coach anymore.  When I graduated from college way back in the 1900's, it seemed everyone I went to school with that was going to teach wanted to coach, sponsor a club, whatever.  Just get involved.  We can't even get new teachers to do a simple class sponsorship for $500 which includes like 4 before school meetings for christ sakes.  And sports are suffering even bigger.  We have no basketball coaches on our teaching staff except the head guy.  I have 1 assistant in the building out of 6.  We have no assistant baseball guys, no track guys at all...it's a joke.  

And teachers aren't moving to new towns to find jobs...the last 8, yes I said 8, teachers we've hired are all graduates of our high school.  I was hired here in 2011; I'm the last one they hired that had to move to the area.  That's also a huge factor; not to hijack the thread.  

Still would be interested to hear what Net has to say and what the SHG guys are thinking about this (districts)...perhaps Althoff Catholic?  

Man do I agree about the struggle to get in district people to coach or sponsor. I grew up in a coaching/PE household so I just always thought that if you are a PE teacher, you coached something. After 9 years, I figured out that is not the case. I understand that admin wants to hire the best teacher, but it should be an expectation during the hiring process of "what else can you do?"
tincup1215
tincup1215
King Fool
King Fool

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:57 pm

No idea how we will vote and haven't really talked about it too much. Probably won't change our situation too much anyway since we will be in a district with most of the schools we currently play.

Our schedule may get a bit easier and finding opponents for weeks 1 and 2 will be much easier since we will be forced to schedule 2 rivals who will be in a higher class. We still don't have a week 2 opponent for next year.

My personal view is to keep the current system but change the seeding and home-away for the playoffs.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghengis Khan Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:53 pm

dusty7 wrote:No idea how we will vote and haven't really talked about it too much.  Probably won't change our situation too much anyway since we will be in a district with most of the schools we currently play.

Our schedule may get a bit easier and finding opponents for weeks 1 and 2 will be much easier since we will be forced to schedule 2 rivals who will be in a higher class.  We still don't have a week 2 opponent for next year.

My personal view is to keep the current system but change the seeding and home-away for the playoffs.

Genuine question, not trying to be snarky, how would you change the seeding and home-away for the playoffs?

Ghengis Khan
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:47 pm

GK obviously with the current set up there is no perfect fix but when the #1 seed has to play a semi-final game away I think that's an issue.

Seeding idea - reward teams for playing teams a class higher. For example, if you are a 3A team playing a 4A team could be rewarded 2 points for a win.

Home-Away idea - keep it the same up to the Quarters. Semi-Finals played at neutral sites or higher seed.

I know these aren't perfect but two areas in think could use a possible change.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:56 pm

lefty120 wrote:The window to vote begins today and schools can vote up to December 17 (only once of course:)

So my question to you Bighitter, what are you guys thinking?  If districts are passed, your geographic location could be a good thing or it also could not be.
Do Chicago schools get to vote more than once?
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:20 pm

I hope so...most are or should be against it.

lefty120
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by morrisfan Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:47 pm

lefty120 wrote:Each school has a specific IHSA representative...some schools it's the a.d., some schools it's the principal.  And yes, some administrators do not talk with the FB coaches regarding this...which is shocking...but not that shocking if you know what I mean.  

It would be interesting to know who the Morris voting body is. They have a superintendent situation and a principal who is in his final year. Hmm.

morrisfan
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:59 pm

Official Rep is Principal Kelly Hussey per IHSA website.

lefty120
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by SIFBCoach7 Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:52 am

So does the IHSA actually release the result today? I think they do, if it passes.
SIFBCoach7
SIFBCoach7
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:33 pm

Noon if it Passed

4pm if they have to rig the results to pass it
Bighitter11
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:43 pm

Bighitter11 wrote:Noon if it Passed

Is this Broward County?
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by general maximus Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:13 pm

Head Idiot wrote:
Bighitter11 wrote:Noon if it Passed

Is this Broward County?

Chicago, Vote early and often is the saying right??

general maximus
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:16 pm

True for Chicago, Broward is vote late and however many you need.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2