Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

fat man challenge

+29
OldTitan
Tanglefoot_Jones
Coach53
general maximus
Horsefeather
crusader
guerin
Ghengis Khan
OSUBucks
19delta
moxy
center
TexFB
jim beam
pff
4a(6afornet)north
tincup1215
Teetime
net
BirdWatcher
leatherneck02
khalfie
newcom
Head Idiot
ging
wolverine55
firdog
wilky
33 posters

Page 32 of 34 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

Go down

fat man challenge - Page 32 Empty Re: fat man challenge

Post by ging Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:55 pm

now down to 200 flat. same routine - cardio every day for 35-40 minutes and counting calories. using myfitnesspal app. still doesn't feel like much of a sacrifice as far as "dieting" goes. the most important thing for me is being "calorie-aware" and controlling portions.
ging
ging
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by wolverine55 Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:09 pm

Down to 284 my last weigh-in but that was around a week ago. Maintained good habits, so I'll weigh again tomorrow.
wolverine55
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by ging Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:23 am

ging wrote:now down to 200 flat.  same routine - cardio every day for 35-40 minutes and counting calories.   using myfitnesspal app.  still doesn't feel like much of a sacrifice as far as "dieting" goes. the most important thing for me is being "calorie-aware" and controlling portions.

weighed in today at 197.8. first time since my senior year in high school that i'm below 200 lbs (34 years ago)
ging
ging
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by wolverine55 Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:57 pm

283 today and tomorrow should be lower. I've done a 180 on my thinking and have to use coaching and football season to lose weight. Got up and jogged before school today, walked around the building during school, and practice...I'm at 14.5 miles on my fitbit and have eaten well. Need to keep this up all season!!
wolverine55
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by ging Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:28 am

ging wrote:
ging wrote:now down to 200 flat.  same routine - cardio every day for 35-40 minutes and counting calories.   using myfitnesspal app.  still doesn't feel like much of a sacrifice as far as "dieting" goes. the most important thing for me is being "calorie-aware" and controlling portions.

weighed in today at 197.8.  first time since my senior year in high school that i'm below 200 lbs (34 years ago)

weighed in at 194.8 last friday. thinking maybe i need to eat MORE. Laughing
ging
ging
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by wolverine55 Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:31 pm

I never remember to post until I see you do, Ging. I hit 279 Saturday.
wolverine55
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by ging Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:25 pm

wolverine55 wrote:I never remember to post until I see you do, Ging.  I hit 279 Saturday.

keep it going!
ging
ging
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by ging Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:46 am

ging wrote:
ging wrote:

weighed in today at 197.8.  first time since my senior year in high school that i'm below 200 lbs (34 years ago)

weighed in at 194.8 last friday.  thinking maybe i need to eat MORE. Laughing

190.4 today. that's more than i wanted to lose. still shocked at how easy it has been. 40 mins of cardio every morning and eating everything i ate before, just (usually) smaller amounts.
ging
ging
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by wolverine55 Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:14 pm

After going strong most of football season, I've succumbed to temptation the last several weekends. Haven't really gained, but four straight weeks I have gotten down to 279 or 280 on Friday morning and then shown back up to school Monday morning weighing 285-86. Then, I've gotten back down by Friday only to do it again on the weekend. No playoffs here, so last week of football. I'm actually worried the lack of football will lead me to some boredom eating but hopefully I've changed my habits enough to where this won't be an issue.
wolverine55
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by ging Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:46 pm

ging wrote:
ging wrote:
ging wrote:

weighed in at 194.8 last friday.  thinking maybe i need to eat MORE. Laughing

190.4 today.  that's more than i wanted to lose.  still shocked at how easy it has been.  40 mins of cardio every morning and eating everything i ate before, just (usually) smaller amounts.

187.6 today. that's as low as i want to go. trying to keep it at 190.
ging
ging
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdWatcher Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:47 pm

Wow. I exploded. Moved to TN in 2013 at 180 pounds. January 2nd I was 218 (holidays didn't help). Sad.

So, I've begun a new program. Intermittent Fasting (IF). The book I read on it said that NOT EATING for 14-20 hours at a time was probably normal for early man, not nibbling constantly or eating 6 small meals a day. Early man didn't have time to prepare/eat 6 times a day. Plus, your body processes the EASIEST source of energy, which is food in your stomach and loose carbs. If those aren't available, it uses the harder source, stored fat.

So, basically I set a 6 hour window to eat. Sometimes I move that window for social occasions. Biggest change I had to make was to skip adding cream to my coffee at 8am. So I eat whatever I want, from noon til 6. From 6pm til noon the next day I eat nothing but black coffee, water, and crystal light. I find that I'm not hungry. I'm inputting about 1200-1500 calories in my 6 hour window.

I'm down 15 pounds in about two weeks.

Douche
Douche

http://tn.oakcrestfarms.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:29 am

Early man was also in constant motion trying to not become something else's meal. That's one thing commonly missed by modern man.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Horsefeather Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:10 pm

BirdWatcher wrote:Wow.  I exploded.  Moved to TN in 2013 at 180 pounds.  January 2nd I was 218 (holidays didn't help).  Sad.

So, I've begun a new program.   Intermittent Fasting (IF).   The book I read on it said that NOT EATING for 14-20 hours at a time was probably normal for early man, not nibbling constantly or eating 6 small meals a day.  Early man didn't have time to prepare/eat 6 times a day.  Plus, your body processes the EASIEST source of energy, which is food in your stomach and loose carbs.  If those aren't available, it uses the harder source, stored fat.

So, basically I set a 6 hour window to eat.  Sometimes I move that window for social occasions.  Biggest change I had to make was to skip adding cream to my coffee at 8am.   So I eat whatever I want, from noon til 6.  From 6pm til noon the next day I eat nothing but black coffee, water, and crystal light.  I find that I'm not hungry.    I'm inputting about 1200-1500 calories in my 6 hour window.

I'm down 15 pounds in about two weeks.

After ballooning up to my highest weight ever, I too am doing IF. My wife started fasting & eating clean last summer and dropped close to 60 pounds since June. I finally decided to follow her lead because, well, she's a lot smarter than me. I'm down 13 pounds in two weeks and so far it hasn't been overly difficult.

If you need cream for your coffee, I'd offer up Nutpods brand creamer as a decent alternative if you need it.
Horsefeather
Horsefeather
Bee-otch

http://djsautosandcards.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by wolverine55 Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:28 pm

December was not good for me. Got back up to 293 when I weighed in Jan 1st and weighed in 287 just this morning. One good thing is I've finally kicked soda. Have not had one since Thanksgiving weekend. Two big changes that are so far working in January have been pretty clean eating and jogging shorter distances, but jogging more often.
wolverine55
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdWatcher Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:01 am

Horsefeather wrote:After ballooning up to my highest weight ever, I too am doing IF.  My wife started fasting & eating clean last summer and dropped close to 60 pounds since June.  I finally decided to follow her lead because, well, she's a lot smarter than me.  I'm down 13 pounds in two weeks and so far it hasn't been overly difficult.  

Hit 201.8 after my run this morning. Yes, I actually ran... about half my three mile loop. So down 16-17 or so in three weeks.

We watched 'Game Changers' about eating vegetarian/vegan and athletic performance. Pretty interesting. We're not "strictly" vegetarian now, but have cut way back on the meat we consume.

Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:06 am

I am fat. That is all.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdWatcher Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:12 am

Nutpods +1

Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by #35 Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:44 pm

Time to get back in it. My weight this summer will absolutely frighten you, but I am down 28 from July and have got a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG way to go.

I quit drinking soda 2 months ago. Never thought I'd do that. Was drinking as much as 130 oz. a day about 6 years ago. I've also reduced eating after 8 pm, trying to make lunch the larger meal of the day. Also walking 1/2 mile every morning. I'd like to start meal prepping as well to avoid impulsive decisions. If I keep up this pace I should be good in a few years.

What I will say, though, is that my blood sugar was 235 this summer, and now is hovering around 150-165. My A1C this summer was 7.6. I will be tested next month and hope its falling well.

Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Horsefeather Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:33 am

#35 wrote:Time to get back in it. My weight this summer will absolutely frighten you, but I am down 28 from July and have got a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG way to go.

I quit drinking soda 2 months ago. Never thought I'd do that. Was drinking as much as 130 oz. a day about 6 years ago. I've also reduced eating after 8 pm, trying to make lunch the larger meal of the day. Also walking 1/2 mile every morning. I'd like to start meal prepping as well to avoid impulsive decisions. If I keep up this pace I should be good in a few years.

What I will say, though, is that my blood sugar was 235 this summer, and now is hovering around 150-165. My A1C this summer was 7.6. I will be tested next month and hope its falling well.

Keep up the good work, Cody! Gave up pop over two years ago, & I was drinking as much, if not more than you. Meal prepping is huge. And yes, it's a long haul.

Having said all that, I'm down another 3 pounds, so what I'm doing is working. Just gotta keep the faith.
Horsefeather
Horsefeather
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by ging Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:00 pm

keep up the good work fellas!

one day at a time.

one step at a time.

keep making progress!

you can do it!
ging
ging
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdWatcher Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:21 pm

Down 19 pounds to 199. Haven't seen that number in a while.

With less load on board I've been able to start running again. It's three miles around the neighborhood road, with two killer hills to climb. Been doing almost all of it at a jog and can climb the first hill about 3/4 and can conquer the 2nd shorter hill.

P.S. Great way to exercise the dogs!

Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Horsefeather Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:31 am

Down 21 as of yesterday. Weird last two weeks. I gained a pound going into last week, which I thought was odd as I was really disciplined in terms of my food intake. What was weird was my wife gained a pound as well, and she's more disciplined than me.

But, dropped 6 this week. Not noticing any significant physiological changes yet, other than my knees feeling a ton better. Doctor told me that one pound of weight equals 3 pounds of pressure on the joints... I believe that. Just gotta keep at it.
Horsefeather
Horsefeather
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by wolverine55 Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:26 pm

283 this morning. I'm getting there slowly but surely
wolverine55
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by ging Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:59 pm

wolverine55 wrote:283 this morning.  I'm getting there slowly but surely

that's the best way to do it!
ging
ging
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by wolverine55 Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:16 pm

I never have cracked 283, but I've started working with a trainer and one of the things he had me do was take some "before and after" progress photos and the ones I took Sunday have noticeable differences compared to the ones I took at the end of January.
wolverine55
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 34 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum