Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

fat man challenge

+29
OldTitan
Tanglefoot_Jones
Coach53
general maximus
Horsefeather
crusader
guerin
Ghengis Khan
OSUBucks
19delta
moxy
center
TexFB
jim beam
pff
4a(6afornet)north
tincup1215
Teetime
net
BirdWatcher
leatherneck02
khalfie
newcom
Head Idiot
ging
wolverine55
firdog
wilky
33 posters

Page 18 of 34 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 26 ... 34  Next

Go down

fat man challenge - Page 18 Empty Re: fat man challenge

Post by wolverine55 Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:21 pm

Once again, great job HB!  I haven't even weighed in this week.  I've maintained my workouts as long as I get in a run and chest workout tomorrow, but my eating habits started rough with a Tuesday night full of beer and greasy food to celebrate Thanksgiving Break...and only went down hill from there! Embarassed
wolverine55
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:31 am

wolverine55 wrote:Once again, great job HB!  I haven't even weighed in this week.  I've maintained my workouts as long as I get in a run and chest workout tomorrow, but my eating habits started rough with a Tuesday night full of beer and greasy food to celebrate Thanksgiving Break...and only went down hill from there! Embarassed
Thanks.

I got one of those FitBit things over the weekend. My mother in law had an old one she wasn't using so I got it on Thanksgiving. It died on Saturday morning. Went to look for a cheap weekend deal one and found the Charge model for the same price as the lowest level model. It has a watch and displays the steps and stuff. The first one we bought wouldn't take a charge, but got a new one yesterday.

The coolest thing I've found about them is the sleep monitor. Tells you how long you sleep, how many times you wake up and how many times you're restless. The step counter thing is interesting, but like this morning my teeth brushing registered as 30 steps. It reminds me of the meme that says "My Nike app just said I masturbated for 4 miles".
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdWatcher Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:28 pm

I just returned from a Hawaiian cruise and 2 day stay at the Ihilani Marriott (home of the Pro Bowl).

They say the average person gains 8 pounds on a cruise. I guess for once I'm above average. Crying or Very sad

Haven't stepped on a scale yet, but I did swim across the mouth of the bay 1/4 miles yesterday, and hiked a bit while in HI. Home two days then off to Gatlinburg for Dolly's Bluegrass Christmas weekend. I guess I'll start back NEXT Monday.....

Douche
Douche

http://tn.oakcrestfarms.com

Back to top Go down

Post by wolverine55 Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:14 pm

No real progress for me, although I am continuing a much more consistent workout plan. I just primarily wanted to make sure we didn't let a whole day go by without someone posting something!
wolverine55
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:46 am

Had a pretty bad week weight wise in that I never weighed below 260 in the morning all week long. Hovered between 260 and 262. Was dealing with some sort of illness that wasn't letting me get good sleep and had a constant headache and felt sluggish. I think it broke Friday night though as I woke up in a puddle of sweat about 2:30 Saturday morning.

Ran a 5k in Bement with my wife yesterday morning. Ran it in 29:30. 3 secs faster than the one in Oakland, but not much faster for weighing 20lbs less. Some kid there finished it in 17 mins. That's ridiculous. Got an XL shirt from the race because they didn't have 2x and the stupid thing actually fits. Who knew?

Weighed 258 today out of bed so hopefully I'm back to my metabolism being pretty high.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:56 pm

Weighed 261 this morning out of bed. Have had a TERRIBLE Friday, Sat and Sun diet wise. Had a family party Saturday and went out to eat Mexican Fri and Sun (Fri by choice, last night by in laws).

Weighed 256 Saturday after my run. 259 out of bed. Really, only being up 2lbs with what I've eaten the past couple days, I should be happy. But it kind of pisses me off that I've allowed myself to over eat. One day's OK now and then, but too many three day binges in a row and I'll be back to 300.

Back to work this morning.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Coach53 Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:55 pm

These holiday weekends are the worst for sure. You have to remember your body won't show what you ate until a few days after. I go through the same things with my diet and workouts. Can be frustrating at times.

Coach53
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by crusader Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:09 pm

Ate and drank too much this weekend - my brand new 32x32 jeans were a little snug putting them on, but a belt was still needed.
crusader
crusader
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:53 pm

258 this am out of bed. Did 335 3 sets of 5 on squat this morning and 265 3 sets of 5 on bench. At 290 I was doing 285 and 245.

Bought an XL Under Armour hoody yesterday and it fits nice. My jeans are starting to look pretty ridiculous.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:21 am

Been hitting the gym pretty regularly for about 2 months now. My middle guy (7th grade) wanted to start lifting weights so I am lifting with him three days a week and then doing the treadmill/elliptical with my wife the other days. I'm putting up some decent numbers. Last week, got 355x1 on bench press and 155x3 on an ATG overhead squat...was pretty proud of that. Clothes are fitting pretty loosely and I need to buy a smaller belt.
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:45 pm

fat man challenge - Page 18 How+much
Whaddya bench?

Cool
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:43 pm

261 this morning out of bed. 256.8 yesterday after my 4.75 mile run in the rain. My clothes weighed 9lbs (I weighed them) afterward.

Now that I've made it through the holidays with little weight gain, I'm on to phase two of the plan and that is to get into the 240s.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdWatcher Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:55 pm

Shit.. busted a toe on my left foot.... no running to start my BWFMC

Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:36 pm

Nice day for both me and the boy today.

I got 2 good reps at 225 lbs. on standing overhead barbell press. My son set a new PR on bench press. He got 130 for 1 rep. I think that's pretty good for a 7th grader. He is bench pressing more than his body weight with terrific form. He is highly motivated to get 135 and be able to put those 45-pound plates on the bar.

Lower body on Thursday.
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:17 pm

Box squats. Worked up to 3 sets of 3 with 365 on the bar and 50 pounds of chains. The boy hit a nice PR. Got 3 good reps at 185. About 50 pounds over his bodyweight.

Finished up with some barbell step-ups and glute ham raises.

Diet has been pretty solid. Had a 4-egg omelet for breakfast with cheese, sausage, and chili tomatoes. Lunch was two apples with natural peanut butter. Had a protein shake after lifting (water, 3 scoops of protein powder, 2 bananas, and a tablespoon of natural peanut butter).

Trying to cut down on the bad carbs and junk food. Have been pretty successful so far.
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdWatcher Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:02 pm

Began this year (post Hawaii/New Years/no-workout-for-3-months) at 210.4 lbs. Yikes. Then broke a toe slamming into a door.... finally was able to do 30 minutes on the ellip today and a brief kettlebell workout, weighed in at 205. I know I won't be able to sustain 5-lbs-per-week losses going forward, but I think I can get 3-4 more next week, then settle in to 2-bs/wk thereafter.

The diet is easy, once I decide to NOT drink during the week.
Breakfast: 2 scrambled eggs with taco meat or refried beans & salsa.
Lunch: Soup, 2 cups
Dinner: Salad with meat or other "non-white" foods.
I asked Mrs BW to NOT shop for me.... in the six months when she was in TN and I in IL, I got down to 175 lbs. I blame her for having bad stuff in the house. She blames me for not exercising self control. I tell her, I do exercise control: AT THE STORE.

Anyway, plan to hit it hard, with a week in Playa coming up in March..... hopefully can start running in a week or so...

Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:09 pm

257 this am after my run. 260 before. Not losing weight, but transforming it. I'll take it. I'm as light as I ever wanted to be anyway.

Ran 4.75 miles in 49 mins this am. Still lifting 6 days a week. I think by Halloween I'll be able to actually play Wolverine in our family's XMen theme pretty well. This year I was the Hulk.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdWatcher Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:59 pm

201.2 after a pretty strenuous day. 30 minute ellip to start, hauled grain later, then a 2 1/2 hour hike thru broken terrain across the creek from my farm. There's 26 acres available there, might come up for sale later. Had to see the layout (sans leaves) before I make an offer.

So, yeah, I'm almost back to where I should never have left: sub-200.

Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:28 pm

Started hitting the gym hard 3 months ago. Lifting 3 days a week and doing the elliptical or treadmill 3 days so I'm doing at least 30 minutes of physical activity 6 days a week.

Diet is pretty good. I have drank maybe 1 regular soda in the last three months and, other than two breakfast burritos at McDonald's last weekend during hunting season, I haven't had any fast food and have only had a very small quantity of sweets or snacks. I have a MetRx protein bar for breakfast, a TV dinner-style meal for lunch, and then a reasonable dinner...usually whatever my wife makes as long as it isn't something fried or with a ton of carbs. I try to eat early and go to bed a little hungry. On the days I lift, I drink a protein shake with a couple bananas mixed in.

Strength levels aren't too bad for a washed-up meathead:

Bench Press: 355x1
Overhead Standing Press: 225x1
Dead Lift: 405x5
Box Squat: 405+50 pound of chains x3 (box is a little higher than parallel)

Couple notes:

- Had to cut about 4 inches off my belt and punch new holes in it
- my gut isn't busting through my shirt buttons when I am sitting down
- when I take a shit, I don't have to close down the bathroom for 30min afterwards
- I'm sleeping great...getting a solid 7 hours every night, sometimes more
- been noticed at work...lots of nice compliments from my co-workers

Got a trip to Washington, DC at the end of March. My goal is to NOT be the guy who gets on the plane that no one wants to sit by! Very Happy
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by net Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:02 pm

good for you cd and ak. keep up the good work guys!
net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdWatcher Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:32 pm

Finally was able to run outside, broken toe and all, and dipped to 197.2 this morning. Exactly on schedule.

Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:16 pm

Down another 5 pounds. Diet was a little too carby and boozy this week. Going to tighten up this weekend.

The boy hit a 36" box jump in the gym tonight. Pretty impressive for a 7th grader, IMO!
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by #35 Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:58 am

I haven't posted on this topic in a long time. I haven't posted on this board for a long time. Since starting my newspaper job back home, I've been bouncing back and forth between newspaper job, gas station job, and sleeping. The newspaper job - my career field - took up most, if not all, of the best friend time that we had together. I wasn't around much. The strains of working nights at both jobs and feeling too tired during the day has reached a breaking point. I've often found myself frustrated at smaller things these days, and my mind has sort of been delusional.

Our friendship reached a breaking point this week where an accident I caused p'd her off to the point where we're not on speaking terms. This has hit me extremely hard. "You haven't been yourself in the past few months." "You always seem angry and bitter, and p'd off about something." "I have tried to help you find your value and self-worth, and you're at the point where I can't help you anymore." "I can't help you if you can't help yourself." She wants her time, and I'm trying to keep my distance. This was a best friendship that, I will admit, about a year ago has made me fly high and on top of the world. She meant that much to me, and I've caused a rift in this that I don't know will ever repair itself.

What this has to do with my weight and being healthy is this: In withdrawal situations like this, I'm typically using food for comfort. However, I just don't feel like eating - not because of the realization of unhealthyness, but because I just don't want to do it. All of this, one thing leading to another, has made me want to get back to getting rid of this excess weight.

Right now I'm too embarrassed to give out how much I weigh. I'm not under 300, but I'm not over 400. While I was flying high and smiling more, I actually put on more weight. It didn't bother me, as long as I was feeling happy. Well, right now all that happiness has come to a vicious crash. Maybe if I did more stuff, I could feel less grumpy, moody, and angry at every minor detail about random things. But since the stress over the past 5 months, I think I put on about 25 pounds. In the past few days, I've hardly eaten at all. While I know fasting is not the answer, how do I know that eating to maintain isn't going to lead to depressive overeating? I'll know my weight in a couple of days and will try to think of a plan afterward. Just leaving this here for now while it's on my mind.

Last edited by #35 on Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:00 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : delusional mind)

Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdWatcher Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:57 pm

Ran 4 miles along the Cumberland River in Nashville, hit 194.4 after (goal was 195 this week). Half way there.... down 15.

Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:49 pm

One of my best training sessions in a couple weeks:

Hang Snatch - worked up to 3 reps at 135lbs.

Trap Bar Dead Lift - Worked up to 3 reps at 415 lbs.

Bench Press - Worked up to 2 sets of 3 reps at 315 lbs. First time benching in about a month. Got a slight tear last time I went heavy. Trying to ease back in to it.

Also been doing at least 30 minutes (and getting at least 3.5 miles) on the elliptical 3 days a week.
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 34 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 26 ... 34  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum