friday night lights no more

Go down

friday night lights no more Empty friday night lights no more

Post by wilky on Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:19 pm

I was talking with a friend and its a shame there isnt a single friday night lights game in the semis. Friday are for high school.

I understand travel makes it hard to have a saturday night game. I understand that teams that play on saturday want an extra day against a team that played on friday.

I just like the friday night playoff atmosphere way better then a 1-4 pm game on a saturday. Futhermore I kind of think the 4 pm starts are dumb on a saturday cause the game starts in the daylight and ends in the dark.

wilky
Dr. Douche

Back to top Go down

friday night lights no more Empty Re: friday night lights no more

Post by wolverine55 on Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:48 pm

I know over in my area, Friday night playoff games have totally become a thing of the past. I'm sure there are a few exceptions I've missed over the years, but for probably 10 years now no one has played a Friday night playoff game past the first round and even then Friday night first round games are few and far between.

Now, in Iowa, all first and second second round games are Friday nights and then Semifinals and Championship games are played at Northern Iowa so it depends on which day your class plays.
wolverine55
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot on Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:34 pm

After you play a Saturday game at some point in Round 1, 2 or 3, it becomes a detriment to your team to try to play a Friday game.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by mc140 on Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:06 am

Head Idiot wrote:After you play a Saturday game at some point in Round 1, 2 or 3, it becomes a detriment to your team to try to play a Friday game.

We played Saturday then came back on a Friday once. Kids were healthy and we preferred Friday. We lost but that was due more to losing our best player to a concussion during the game and our best WR/DB to an ankle injury.

mc140
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot on Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:18 pm

I wouldn't want to lose a day of rest or practice.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum