i didn't read it
ging
ging
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Mueller Report Empty Re: Mueller Report

Post by Head Idiot on Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:02 pm

The Mueller Report is like the Bible. No matter what side you're on, you're going to find something in it to support your side.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdWatcher on Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:13 am

I read it.

Boring.

Douche
Douche

http://tn.oakcrestfarms.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime on Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:41 am

The plot lines were mixed.

The writing, while very grammatical, was.....legalistic. The spelling was error free.

There was none of the panache, absurd spelling and uncontrolled Capitalization that you can enjoy if you only read the tweets of the report's subject.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime on Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:40 am

The Mueller Report did raise this question with me....

It seems that on more than a handful of occasions orders were given by our President and ignored or deliberately disobeyed by the underling taking the order.

https://www.rollcall.com/news/mueller-report-shows-trump-aides-routinely-ignored-orders-crucial-matters

The question I have is....what if this were a life and death matter? Once you overrule the President's orders by using your own judgement in place of his, it must get easier and easier to do. How can we be sure which person in the administration is calling the shots after reading the Mueller Report?

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdWatcher on Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:57 pm

My wife often gives me a direct order to do something ("Build a 2nd barn, closer to the house"). Many times, I know it's not in her best interest to comply. She may *think* she wants a second barn, but it's really a stupid idea. So I slow-walk it. Yes, I often deliberately disobey.

Is she the one calling the shots at my house? Absolutely. But I'm her Chief Counsel. My job is to influence her in the correct direction.

Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdWatcher on Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:04 pm

You can't have it both ways.

1) "Trump is a maniac who doesn't listen to his advisers, we're all doomed, DOOMED I say..."

2) "Trump chooses advisers that think like him, and he is influenced by their advice."

Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime on Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:09 pm

BirdWatcher wrote:You can't have it both ways.

1) "Trump is a maniac who doesn't listen to his advisers, we're all doomed, DOOMED I say..."

2) "Trump chooses advisers that think like him, and he is influenced by their advice."

This made me laugh.

I have never heard anyone utter #2 and it makes no sense. People who think like me agree with me, they don't convince me to think some other way.

Nobody wants it one of those two ways or the other. That is a false dichotomy.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime on Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:11 pm

BirdWatcher wrote:My wife often gives me a direct order to do something ("Build a 2nd barn, closer to the house").   Many times, I know it's not in her best interest to comply.  She may *think* she wants a second barn, but it's really a stupid idea.  So I slow-walk it.  Yes, I often deliberately disobey.

Is she the one calling the shots at my house?  Absolutely.  But I'm her Chief Counsel.  My job is to influence her in the correct direction.

Your wife doesn't make decisions that put people's lives at risk. If the President can't hire a staff that obeys a direct order he needs a new job.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdWatcher on Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:10 pm

Teetime wrote:
BirdWatcher wrote:

This made me laugh.

I have never heard anyone utter #2 and it makes no sense. People who think like me agree with me, they don't convince me to think some other way.

It makes absolute sense. Trump's not gonna hire open border advocates... he's gonna hire people who believe in borders. How to achieve border security can be up for debate. There may be people who believe in border security but have a more nuanced approach to the politics of it. You can have advisers who don't toe the line 100%. If every adviser did, why would you need them?

I read Mueller. I read (Cliff's Notes version) Trump said "fire Mueller." McGhan said, "You don't want to do that." (political consideration). Trump said "Fire Mueller." McGhan said, "Not a good idea. Ride it out." Trump said "Fire Mueller." McGhan waits it out.

Good advising there....

Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot on Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:11 pm

Knowing what I do about previous presidents, Trump is far from the first president to make a knee jerk reaction and have an subordinate ignore him. He's just one of the first to have his ugly spots so extensively examined.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdWatcher on Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:16 pm

Seems like the Dems want to impeach Trump for.... following the advice of his lawyer. Rolling Eyes

Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime on Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:20 pm

I don’t think most democrats even want to impeach Trump.

At least, not yet.

Let’s see what witnesses say to the various House committees and what the tax returns tell us.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime on Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:25 pm

BirdWatcher wrote:
Teetime wrote:
BirdWatcher wrote:

This made me laugh.

It makes absolute sense.  Trump's not gonna hire open border advocates... he's gonna hire people who believe in borders.  How to achieve border security can be up for debate.   There may be people who believe in border security but have a more nuanced approach to the politics of it.  You can have advisers who don't toe the line 100%.  If every adviser did, why would you need them?

I read Mueller.  I read (Cliff's Notes version)  Trump said "fire Mueller."   McGhan said, "You don't want to do that." (political consideration).  Trump said "Fire Mueller."   McGhan said, "Not a good idea.  Ride it out."  Trump said "Fire Mueller."   McGhan waits it out.

Good advising there....

Have you ever heard anyone say #2? You say “I can’t have it both ways” and one of the ways is "Trump chooses advisers that think like him, and he is influenced by their advice."

I have never said that and I have never heard anyone (who is not a Russian government official) say that.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdWatcher on Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:37 pm

BirdWatcher wrote:

I've never actually heard the above statement, verbatim. But I have heard CNN commentators have a crying fit because Trump "ignores" his advisers.

In example #2 I extrapolated the same CNN commentators having another fit because Trump actually listened to his main legal adviser.

You can't have it both ways..... And by "you* I mean the hysterical left.. and by *both ways* I mean no conniption fits just because he's Trump. Trump could cure cancer and the CNN headline would be "Trump puts doctors out of work."

Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime on Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:23 am

I get it now. You made up #2. Nobody ever said or thought it.

I don’t think he was listening to his advisors in the Mueller report examples. I think his unelected advisors were setting a course and he had to follow their lead.

He is prone to making poor decisions. Luckily, his advisors have buffered us from some of those bad decisions. That won’t always be the case. When he decides he wants to eliminate Iran from the face of the earth, there isn’t much that can stop him. He needs to find a line of work that is less sensitive to his poor judgement.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime on Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:24 am

Head Idiot wrote:Knowing what I do about previous presidents, Trump is far from the first president to make a knee jerk reaction and have an subordinate ignore him.

Great. When has that happened in other presidencies?

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime on Wed May 01, 2019 9:38 am

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by newcom on Thu May 02, 2019 10:26 am

Trump speech when he is finished " I did not lose I just ran out of Time" cheers Shocked Cool Razz Very Happy lol! ROFL
newcom
newcom
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot on Thu May 02, 2019 10:42 am

newcom wrote:Trump speech when he is finished  " I did not lose I just ran out of Time" cheers Shocked Cool Razz Very Happy lol! ROFL
He didn't lose, he learned.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down