does anyone have sirius satellite radio........

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

does anyone have sirius satellite radio........ - Page 2 Empty Re: does anyone have sirius satellite radio........

Post by Teetime on Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:54 am

BirdWatcher wrote:Unless you absolutely need live sports, cable/sat is a waste of money.  I cut the cord a decade ago.

We run Netflix, but only because we offer AirBnB and you gotta offer sumptin'...   I could skip.  I get whatever I need to watch from bit-torrents....

Plus you have Mrs. Birdwatcher to parade around the house in that French Maid outfit.

Who needs electronics?

Last edited by Teetime on Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:38 am; edited 1 time in total

Admin

Back to top Go down

does anyone have sirius satellite radio........ - Page 2 Empty Re: does anyone have sirius satellite radio........

Post by tm on Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:20 am

It costs a few dollars more per month, but I have the mobile app through the account in my wife's car. All the same channels as the car, plus a lot more. Also, you get a ton of sports broadcasts with it (local radio feed). Pretty much every MLB/NHL/NBA/NFL game. A ton of college games too. For example, one freezing cold night last fall I was in the bleachers watching my sons baseball game and had Iowa State/West Virginia football game going on the app.
tm
tm
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Big E on Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:52 am

Sirius had their top 1000 Rock & Roll songs playing on Channel 30 this week. Bogus list. They had Let it Be at 47...Really...Top 3 song. I love AC/DC but come on 2 of their songs ahead of Let it Be...no way. I believe #1 was Stairway to Heaven. OK...not my favorite...but can handle it
Big E
Big E
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by niewi 24 on Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:02 am

net wrote:i was pretty vague. mine is set to expire at the end of the month. i was told to never accept their first payment offer; that they'll drastically reduce the price to keep you as a customer. have any of you negotiated a lower price?

I have had Sirius since Howard Stern came over in 2005. You can totally lower the monthly rate. I have done it numerous times. They are never about to lose customers. My favorites are Howard 100, Lithium, Turbo, and Fly. There seem to be more stations on the app though, that are not on the regular radio in your car.

I also have looked into cutting the cable cord, but with how easy Comcast has made it for my young kids to speak into the remote to find what they want to watch, I will continue to shell out $150 a month.
niewi 24
niewi 24
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot on Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:09 pm

Got two tickets to see Tool May 13th in St Louis this morning. Pretty pumped up.

A fantastic waste of 3rd hour today.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by newcom on Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:09 pm

Unhooked Direct TV 2 Years ago. I have SLING and NETFLIX save about $150 per month. Thinking about cutting Internet as Netflix and Sling work off my unlimited phone minutes.
newcom
newcom
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 on Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:27 pm

Head Idiot wrote:Got two tickets to see Tool May 13th in St Louis this morning. Pretty pumped up.

I've always wanted to see the. Had the opportunity back in college but they cancelled at Redbird Arena. Pretty upset I lost $60.

Going to see Killswitch Engage and Parkway Drive in May.

dusty7
dusty7
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot on Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:48 pm

I bought the ticket insurance, which is probably a waste of money, just because of their flighty nature.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by wolverine55 on Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:23 pm

Beartooth in Des Moines April 23rd and Slipknot at the Iowa State Fair August 10 are the only two concerts I have tickets for currently, but hopefully more will come up.
wolverine55
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by net on Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:27 pm

Head Idiot wrote:Got two tickets to see Tool May 13th in St Louis this morning. Pretty pumped up.

what did you pay? i saw the cheapest seats were $75.
net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot on Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:03 pm

net wrote:

what did you pay? i saw the cheapest seats were $75.
$92 a piece. But, I figure with as many problems they've had with their new album, this could be the last go around for them.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 on Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:59 pm

Head Idiot wrote:I bought the ticket insurance, which is probably a waste of money, just because of their flighty nature.

That is a great call. Notorious for cancelling shows.
dusty7
dusty7
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot on Tue May 14, 2019 9:14 am

They were so good last night. Bucket list achievement unlocked.

I was completely shocked at the normality of the crowd. There were only a small handful of human science experiments. I was expecting to be WAY out of place. Heck, there were more people there that looked like they showed up early for the Thomas Rhett concert than what you would figure would be your average Tool fan.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot on Tue May 14, 2019 9:15 am

does anyone have sirius satellite radio........ - Page 2 Fullsi10
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by wolverine55 on Tue May 14, 2019 9:28 am

I have a buddy who is seeing them Friday in Des Moines, I think that's where anyway. It'll be a bucket list item for him too! Mine is coming when I see Slipknot in August. I've seen Stonesour live but never Slipknot.
wolverine55
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot on Tue May 14, 2019 9:30 am

wolverine55 wrote:I have a buddy who is seeing them Friday in Des Moines, I think that's where anyway.  It'll be a bucket list item for him too!  Mine is coming when I see Slipknot in August.  I've seen Stonesour live but never Slipknot.
I feel like a Slipknot crowd could be an interesting group of humans.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by wolverine55 on Tue May 14, 2019 9:35 am

The combination of that plus the fact Iowans go absolutely crazy for their state fair has me both intrigued and nervous!
wolverine55
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime on Tue May 14, 2019 5:28 pm

Crazy Iowans at the State Fair?

I would pay $100 just to see that.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 on Wed May 15, 2019 2:01 pm

Saw Slipknot live back in college. Yes, a very interesting group of humans and one of the best live shows I've ever seen.

I was able to catch Killswitch Engage, Parkway Drive, and After the Burial in Indianapolis a few weeks ago and will be going to see Sevendust in August in Champaign.
dusty7
dusty7
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by wolverine55 on Wed May 15, 2019 2:46 pm

Sevendust is very good live! Saw them in Peoria last spring at Spring Fling, which in general is an awesome concert set-up if weather cooperates. Sad I can't make it this year...my dumb arse is doing a 20K instead.
wolverine55
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot on Wed May 15, 2019 3:09 pm

wolverine55 wrote:my dumb arse is doing a 20K instead.
That is dumb. Laughing Laughing
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot on Sat May 18, 2019 11:30 pm

Forget Tool and Zeppelin, I've found a new favorite musical act-

Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2