Government Shutdown

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Go down

Government Shutdown - Page 13 Empty Re: Government Shutdown

Post by Head Idiot on Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:01 pm

The internets never lie. AOC told me so.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Posts : 10085
Join date : 2008-09-23
Age : 101
Location : Here

Back to top Go down

Government Shutdown - Page 13 Empty Re: Government Shutdown

Post by Teetime on Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:16 pm

Head Idiot wrote:The internets never lie. AOC told me so.

Those are dates and events. Easy to check out the accuracy. Instead of just saying its false, prove it.

You remind me of DJT himself. Caught in a lie....lie your way out.

_________________
Donald J. Trump, he is my President now........sad!
Teetime
Teetime
Admin

Posts : 6371
Join date : 2008-09-11
Location : Right across the street from net

Back to top Go down

Government Shutdown - Page 13 Empty Re: Government Shutdown

Post by Head Idiot on Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:59 pm

Government Shutdown - Page 13 Franci10
It was a joke.

Step away from the tax returns and take a breath.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Posts : 10085
Join date : 2008-09-23
Age : 101
Location : Here

Back to top Go down

Government Shutdown - Page 13 Empty Re: Government Shutdown

Post by Teetime on Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:48 pm

I only have about five minutes a day to visit Turks, so I have a lot to say in those minutes.

You can see how it seems more racist now that you know the time line? They released the county records and two years later little Donny Trump decided to ride that issue into the political world. He attracted all the “never Obama” boys and became a hero of the Alt Right.

_________________
Donald J. Trump, he is my President now........sad!
Teetime
Teetime
Admin

Posts : 6371
Join date : 2008-09-11
Location : Right across the street from net

Back to top Go down

Government Shutdown - Page 13 Empty Re: Government Shutdown

Post by OSUBucks on Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:33 pm

The usually smug Julian Assange wasn't looking so smug today when he was led in handcuffs out of the Ecuadorian Embassy in London. He is now worried about being beaten up in a US prison.
Meanwhile, President Trump, who used to gush about how much he loved WikiLeaks, acts like he knows hardly anything about WikiLeaks. Laughing
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Posts : 3325
Join date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Government Shutdown - Page 13 Empty Re: Government Shutdown

Post by BirdWatcher on Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:39 pm

OSUBucks wrote:Julian Assange ....He is now worried about being beaten up in a US prison.

I think getting beat up in prison is not his top worry....

Trump cheering on WikiLeaks during the campaign is akin to him "asking" Russian where Hillary's emails were. Total joke.

_________________
The only difference between Republicans and Democrats is what they do with your money after they steal it.
BirdWatcher
BirdWatcher
Douche
Douche

Posts : 2025
Join date : 2008-07-08
Age : 60
Location : Jamestown, TN

http://tn.oakcrestfarms.com

Back to top Go down

Government Shutdown - Page 13 Empty Re: Government Shutdown

Post by OSUBucks on Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:14 am

BirdWatcher wrote:
OSUBucks wrote:Julian Assange ....He is now worried about being beaten up in a US prison.

I think getting beat up in prison is not his top worry....

Trump cheering on WikiLeaks during the campaign is akin to him "asking" Russian where Hillary's emails were.  Total joke.

Yep, he's suddenly got bigger worries than getting beaten up. Interesting news day. Could Treasury Secretary Mnuchin go to jail for not releasing Trump's tax returns to the Democrats? I haven't researched it so I don't have an opinion on the legality of it but some who should know think Mnuchin is breaking the law.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Posts : 3325
Join date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Government Shutdown - Page 13 Empty Re: Government Shutdown

Post by BirdWatcher on Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:18 am

OSUBucks wrote: but some who should know think Mnuchin is breaking the law.

Depends which bubble you're in. I saw a Fox analyst say the law you're referring to doesn't pertain to this case.

It will go to court. It will be decided after Trump starts his second term. Laughing

_________________
The only difference between Republicans and Democrats is what they do with your money after they steal it.
BirdWatcher
BirdWatcher
Douche
Douche

Posts : 2025
Join date : 2008-07-08
Age : 60
Location : Jamestown, TN

http://tn.oakcrestfarms.com

Back to top Go down

Government Shutdown - Page 13 Empty Re: Government Shutdown

Post by Head Idiot on Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:01 pm

Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Posts : 10085
Join date : 2008-09-23
Age : 101
Location : Here

Back to top Go down

Government Shutdown - Page 13 Empty Re: Government Shutdown

Post by Head Idiot on Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:31 pm

OSUBucks wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:Why do people who have been vaccinated care so much about people who choose not to be?

While vaccines are generally pretty effective, depending on the vaccine, somewhere between 1-5 % of those who are vaccinated fail to develop immunity.
When enough people are vaccinated against a certain disease the germs can't travel as easily from person to person and the entire community is less likely to get the disease. While a certain disease may just make you and me feel miserable for a few days for those who have weakened immune systems the consequences can be much worse.
It's just smart for everyone to get vaccinated. Last Winter the flu vaccine wasn't as effective as it normally is. It was one of the worst flu epidemic years we've had in a long time. My mom was hospitalized at Memorial in Springfield for several days before being released. Some elderly weren't so fortunate and didn't survive. Memorial was actually having to turn away some patients because they ran out of beds. Certainly the situation wouldn't have been so bad if everyone would have been vaccinated.
An interesting point about vaccines I saw yesterday was while the media is focusing on the spread of measles and stuff because of Anti-vaxxers, what about the illegals that are here in the thousands to millions that are equally unvaccinated?
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Posts : 10085
Join date : 2008-09-23
Age : 101
Location : Here

Back to top Go down

Government Shutdown - Page 13 Empty Re: Government Shutdown

Post by Teetime on Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:04 pm

Why would you assume that immigrants (legal or illegal) have a lower vaccination rate than US nationals?

The US is about in the middle of the pack on rates of vaccinations.

https://www.cato.org/blog/migrant-caravan-central-america-vaccination-rates

_________________
Donald J. Trump, he is my President now........sad!
Teetime
Teetime
Admin

Posts : 6371
Join date : 2008-09-11
Location : Right across the street from net

Back to top Go down

Government Shutdown - Page 13 Empty Re: Government Shutdown

Post by Head Idiot on Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:26 pm

Teetime wrote:Why would you assume that immigrants (legal or illegal) have a lower vaccination rate than US nationals?

The US is about in the middle of the pack on rates of vaccinations.

https://www.cato.org/blog/migrant-caravan-central-america-vaccination-rates
So, conditions there are so bad people can't eat, they can't drink, they can't make a living, they fear for their lives at every turn, but they have 1st world vaccination rates? That seems kosher in your head?
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Posts : 10085
Join date : 2008-09-23
Age : 101
Location : Here

Back to top Go down

Government Shutdown - Page 13 Empty Re: Government Shutdown

Post by Teetime on Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:05 pm

Head Idiot wrote:So, conditions there are so bad people can't eat, they can't drink, they can't make a living, they fear for their lives at every turn, but they have 1st world vaccination rates?  That seems kosher in your head?

Not so much in my head as on paper. Some facts surprise me also.

People can fear for their lives and still get vaccinated. I suspect that their governments see that people get vaccinated. It saves them from an uprising.

_________________
Donald J. Trump, he is my President now........sad!
Teetime
Teetime
Admin

Posts : 6371
Join date : 2008-09-11
Location : Right across the street from net

Back to top Go down

Government Shutdown - Page 13 Empty Re: Government Shutdown

Post by Head Idiot on Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:09 pm

I doubt their government gives a crap. Starving people are far more likely to riot than if they haven't received a TB vaccination. If they're government cared that much about them, why would they need to leave?

I just can't see a government who apparently doesn't care if thousands of its' residents up and leave, or starve to death, or don't have sanitation or power, or are beheaded by drug cartels all of a sudden cares about measles boosters.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Posts : 10085
Join date : 2008-09-23
Age : 101
Location : Here

Back to top Go down

Government Shutdown - Page 13 Empty Re: Government Shutdown

Post by Teetime on Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:15 pm

Here is the WHO joint reporting process.

https://www.who.int/immunization/monitoring_surveillance/routine/reporting/en/

The data is available in both English and French as you drill down.

Once again, you choose to disbelieve a scholarly study. Maybe you should get out of education after all.

_________________
Donald J. Trump, he is my President now........sad!
Teetime
Teetime
Admin

Posts : 6371
Join date : 2008-09-11
Location : Right across the street from net

Back to top Go down

Government Shutdown - Page 13 Empty Re: Government Shutdown

Post by Head Idiot on Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:26 pm

Classy.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Posts : 10085
Join date : 2008-09-23
Age : 101
Location : Here

Back to top Go down

Government Shutdown - Page 13 Empty Re: Government Shutdown

Post by Teetime on Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:10 am

HI, you are frustrating.

I show you a study that refutes your opinion and rather than find some fault with the study or some alternative study, you just say it’s wrong because you don’t believe it. You have to have a better reason than that or you would flunk my class on critical thinking.

You did this even when I gave you a timeline of historical facts that were easy to refute or confirm with facts if you spent a few minutes doing research (this was on the Obama birth certificate). Your position then and here is “you are wrong because I don’t believe that set of facts”, not “you are wrong and here is where I get my facts”. I think someone with that lack of curiosity should not be in education. Sorry.


Last edited by Teetime on Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:40 am; edited 1 time in total

_________________
Donald J. Trump, he is my President now........sad!
Teetime
Teetime
Admin

Posts : 6371
Join date : 2008-09-11
Location : Right across the street from net

Back to top Go down

Government Shutdown - Page 13 Empty Re: Government Shutdown

Post by wolverine55 on Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:50 am

Ugh....such a better message board when we stick to football...
wolverine55
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Posts : 3039
Join date : 2008-09-27
Age : 39
Location : Keokuk, Iowa

Back to top Go down

Government Shutdown - Page 13 Empty Re: Government Shutdown

Post by Head Idiot on Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:01 am

Has there ever been an American politician who has made a more politically idiotic move than Rand Paul did yesterday?
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Posts : 10085
Join date : 2008-09-23
Age : 101
Location : Here

Back to top Go down

Government Shutdown - Page 13 Empty Re: Government Shutdown

Post by ramblinman on Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:31 pm

Head Idiot wrote:Has there ever been an American politician who has made a more politically idiotic move than Rand Paul did yesterday?

Doesn't matter. More and more we are seeing political bases that support their candidates regardless of the sustained idiocy or the wrongdoing.

ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Posts : 1513
Join date : 2009-10-26

Back to top Go down

Government Shutdown - Page 13 Empty Re: Government Shutdown

Post by Head Idiot on Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:58 pm

ramblinman wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:Has there ever been an American politician who has made a more politically idiotic move than Rand Paul did yesterday?

Doesn't matter.  More and more we are seeing political bases that support their candidates regardless of the sustained idiocy or the wrongdoing.

I don't know anyone that agrees with hanging the 9/11 folks out to dry.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Posts : 10085
Join date : 2008-09-23
Age : 101
Location : Here

Back to top Go down

Government Shutdown - Page 13 Empty Re: Government Shutdown

Post by ging on Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:16 pm

Head Idiot wrote:
ramblinman wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:Has there ever been an American politician who has made a more politically idiotic move than Rand Paul did yesterday?

Doesn't matter.  More and more we are seeing political bases that support their candidates regardless of the sustained idiocy or the wrongdoing.

I don't know anyone that agrees with hanging the 9/11 folks out to dry.

agreed, but i don't think that matters to most. he's on their "team", so they are going to support him. period.
ging
ging
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Posts : 2652
Join date : 2008-09-24
Age : 51
Location : Sterling, IL

Back to top Go down

Government Shutdown - Page 13 Empty Re: Government Shutdown

Post by Head Idiot on Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:06 pm

The problem is, Rand Paul's as much a Republican as Bernie is a mainstream Dem.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Posts : 10085
Join date : 2008-09-23
Age : 101
Location : Here

Back to top Go down

Government Shutdown - Page 13 Empty Re: Government Shutdown

Post by Head Idiot on Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:04 pm

Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Posts : 10085
Join date : 2008-09-23
Age : 101
Location : Here

Back to top Go down

Government Shutdown - Page 13 Empty Re: Government Shutdown

Post by Teetime on Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:47 pm



So CSU wants their faculty to say "a citizen of the United States" rather than "American"?

That seems reasonable since it is a correct use of the language and CSU is an institution of higher learning.

Canadians, Mexicans, Peruvians, Cubans, Salvadorians and Panamanians are all Americans.

_________________
Donald J. Trump, he is my President now........sad!
Teetime
Teetime
Admin

Posts : 6371
Join date : 2008-09-11
Location : Right across the street from net

Back to top Go down

Government Shutdown - Page 13 Empty Re: Government Shutdown

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum