Government Shutdown

Page 12 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Government Shutdown - Page 12 Empty Re: Government Shutdown

Post by Head Idiot on Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:02 am

wolverine55 wrote:Someone educate me.  I don't give a poop about politicians' tax returns, Democrat or Republican.  Why should I?
Because it's Trump and he won't play ball with the media or Dems.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdWatcher on Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:21 am

wolverine55 wrote:Someone educate me.  I don't give a poop about politicians' tax returns, Democrat or Republican.  Why should I?

I’m much more interested in seeing the tax returns of politicians who became millionaires in office than a billionaire who became a politician

Douche
Douche

http://tn.oakcrestfarms.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot on Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:15 am

BirdWatcher wrote:

I’m much more interested in seeing the tax returns of politicians who became millionaires in office than a billionaire who became a politician
Shhhhh....

You need to focus on how Trump was given $1million dollars by his dad and how he took advantage of the tax system like all millionaires do to become wealthy. CNN and the media told me so. Repeatedly.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime on Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:21 pm

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime on Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:25 pm

Happy to do that wolve.

Don't you think that the President ought to file tax returns and pay the correct income tax? Isn't that an important trait in a President?

How would you know that happened unless he/she made them public, just as all the candidates have for 35 years or so?

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot on Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:29 pm

https://www.cnn.com/2015/10/26/politics/donald-trump-small-loan-town-hall/index.html

I assume you're equally indignant over the Kennedy clan's use of their father's wealth accumulated through nefarious means as well?
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot on Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:32 pm

Teetime wrote:

Happy to do that wolve.

Don't you think that the President ought to file tax returns and pay the correct income tax? Isn't that an important trait in a President?

How would you know that happened unless he/she made them public, just as all the candidates have for 35 years or so?

And you're completely full of shit if you knew that was a thing they did for 35 years before the media lost it because Trump refused to do so.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime on Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:36 pm

Head Idiot wrote:https://www.cnn.com/2015/10/26/politics/donald-trump-small-loan-town-hall/index.html

I assume you're equally indignant over the Kennedy clan's use of their father's wealth accumulated through nefarious means as well?

I think Teddy released his returns. I wasn't really paying much attention to JFK, I was four when he was elected.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime on Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:37 pm

Head Idiot wrote:And you're completely full of shit if you knew that was a thing they did for 35 years before the media lost it because Trump refused to do so.

You will have to retype that in English.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot on Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:42 pm

Teetime wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:And you're completely full of shit if you knew that was a thing they did for 35 years before the media lost it because Trump refused to do so.

You will have to retype that in English.
Hi Larry Ous.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdWatcher on Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:23 pm

Teetime wrote:How would you know that happened unless he/she made them public, just as all the candidates have for 35 years or so?

John McCain's taxes don't mean shit. His wife (the heiress) filed separately.

John Kerry's taxes don't mean shit. His heiress wife also filed separately.

Abraham Lincoln ("honest" Abe) owned sizable chunks of land in Council Bluffs Iowa.... which is why the Trans-Continental railroad crossed at Omaha (Council Bluffs). Lincoln didn't live long enough to see the payoff....

Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime on Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:05 am

McCain’s tax returns mean he filed and paid taxes. That means something. We know what his income sources were, if he was on the payroll of a defense manufacturer or a foreign government, that means something.

If Trump has nothing to hide, just release the returns. What could be that important that they must be secret?

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot on Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:03 am

Teetime wrote: If Trump has nothing to hide, just release the returns. What could be that important that they must be secret?
Weren't you the one that told us that Obama didn't need to release his birth certificate because it was racist to not take him for his word? Twisted Evil
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdWatcher on Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:02 am

Teetime wrote:McCain’s tax returns mean he filed and paid taxes. That means something. We know what his income sources were....

Actually we don't.. if his wife were on the payroll of a defense contractor or foreign state. If Hillary had filed separate from Bill, would we know they rec'd millions in speaking fees from Russia?

Do people really think billionaire's (or even multi-millionaires) have meaningful "income?" Trump could've paid himself a dollar per year, and had all his transportation, housing and food costs buried in his businesses. I know people alot less rich than Trump who run "company cars" on their small machine shop businesses; who have their children on their "board of directors" so that the "company annual meeting" (in Hawaii) is covered as a business expense; who list the itinerant under-achieving child as a full time employee to get them on the health plan.

Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime on Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:24 pm

Head Idiot wrote:
Teetime wrote: If Trump has nothing to hide, just release the returns. What could be that important that they must be secret?
Weren't you the one that told us that Obama didn't need to release his birth certificate because it was racist to not take him for his word? Twisted Evil

No, I was the one who said he had already released his birth certificate. The whole birthed thing was racist.

Did anyone ever clamor for the birth certificate of a white President?

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime on Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:26 pm

BirdWatcher wrote:
Teetime wrote:McCain’s tax returns mean he filed and paid taxes. That means something. We know what his income sources were....

Actually we don't.. if his wife were on the payroll of a defense contractor or foreign state.   If Hillary had filed separate from Bill, would we know they rec'd millions in speaking fees from Russia?

Do people really think billionaire's (or even multi-millionaires) have meaningful "income?"  Trump could've paid himself a dollar per year, and had all his transportation, housing and food costs buried in his businesses. .

Who knows? Let’s take a look see and find out.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot on Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:32 pm

Teetime wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:

No, I was the one who said he had already released his birth certificate. The whole birthed thing was racist.

Did anyone ever clamor for the tax returns of a president before Trump?

The answer to both is no. With Obama's thing, it's a Constitutional requirement. Kinda thought that would be something you had to produce to run. Taxes? Not so much.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime on Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:40 am

Head Idiot wrote:
Teetime wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:

Did anyone ever clamor for the tax returns of a president before Trump?

The answer to both is no.  With Obama's thing, it's a Constitutional requirement.  Kinda thought that would be something you had to produce to run.  Taxes?  Not so much.

Nope. None of our white Presidents have been required to produce birth certificates before they ran including our current President. While I agree that it is a Constitutional requirement, it was only raised as an issue after a black guy got elected.

For 35 years or so every candidate has released his or her tax returns so there was no clamor for them to do so. See the difference?

https://www.brennancenter.org/blog/debate-over-president-trump-tax-returns

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime on Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:31 am

Head Idiot wrote:

I seem to remember that you were among those that said if Obama wanted to shut up the critics he should just release whatever document they were clamoring for.

I agree, Trump should just release his tax returns.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot on Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:34 am

Teetime wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:

I seem to remember that you were among those that said if Obama wanted to shut up the critics he should just release whatever document they were clamoring for.

I agree, Trump should just release his tax returns.
Have I ever said I disagreed with this? I just find your switch in stances ironic.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by wolverine55 on Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:16 am

Teetime wrote:

Happy to do that wolve.

As others have pointed out, there are so many tax loopholes I'm not sure what it would tell me. To me, it's a nonissue regardless of who the President is or what party he is affiliated with.
wolverine55
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime on Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:50 am

wolverine55 wrote:As others have pointed out, there are so many tax loopholes I'm not sure what it would tell me.  To me, it's a nonissue regardless of who the President is or what party he is affiliated with.

Well then there shouldn't be an issue if he were to release those puppies. Lets see them and then we can talk about how they mean nothing.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime on Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:54 am

Head Idiot wrote: I just find your switch in stances ironic.

I'm not switching positions. My position on Obama's birth certificate was that he had already released the copy that the County made available. As well as the birth notice from the local newspaper that ran the next day.

That wasn't good enough for the birthers. They wanted further proof. There was no way that guy was born in America. They were unhinged, that never Obama crew.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot on Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:12 pm

Our conversation about his birth certificate occurred before he released anything.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime on Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:18 pm

Head Idiot wrote:Our conversation about his birth certificate occurred before he released anything.

It did not.

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2011/apr/27/obama-birth-certificate-timeline/

I accept apologies. So does President Obama.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next