Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Government Shutdown

+9
mc140
tincup1215
OSUBucks
ramblinman
Teetime
BirdWatcher
wolverine55
net
Head Idiot
13 posters

Page 6 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Government Shutdown - Page 6 Empty Re: Government Shutdown

Post by OSUBucks Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:12 pm

Teetime wrote:I thought you hated that "what about-ism" wherein you point at the other guy and say "what about him....look over there at what he did". I remember you said it was the thing about political discussions you hated the most.

Lets stick with our current President. He has made it an hourly occurrence to lie. Not about important stuff all the time, sometimes it's so unimportant that it seems ignorant to lie about it, there is no upside. That's the point.

I think there are some crimes that will come to light that occurred before he was President. Some have a statute of limitations of 5 years and others 10 years. The wheels of justice turn slowly. I could see a scenario that Trump finishes his term and ends up going to jail sometime after leaving office. It's more difficult to prosecute a President than your average citizen so I'm not expecting an Impeachment but trouble coming once he leaves office.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:11 pm

Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:56 pm

I would agree with Biden that basically Pence is a decent guy. If I don't agree with him on every issue that doesn't make him a bad person. It sounds like Pence's stance on gay marriage has evolved over the years or perhaps he has accepted the reality of things as it pertains to gay rights.
I think he is an intelligent and law abiding person. I remember how well he handled himself in the VP debate against Hillary's running mate Tim Kaine. Pence definitely had the upper hand and showed that he thinks very well on his feet.
Joe Biden is entitled to his opinion whether Cynthia Nixon likes it or not. Her claim to fame is being an actress who was on a TV show which was fairly popular with women who also ran for Governor of NY and was trounced in the Primary.

http://time.com/4406337/mike-pence-gay-rights-lgbt-religious-freedom/
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:21 am

And then there's this. The Democratic leadership in the House feels that there's no longer a place for Moderates in their party.

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/aoc-threatens-to-put-moderate-dems-on-a-primary-list-if-they-vote-with-gop/
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:42 am

OSUBucks wrote:And then there's this. The Democratic leadership in the House feels that there's no longer a place for Moderates in their party.

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/aoc-threatens-to-put-moderate-dems-on-a-primary-list-if-they-vote-with-gop/
Man, if only someone on here had said this was happening. Only to be told they watch too much Fox News.

If only...

Cool
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:36 pm

OSUBucks wrote:And then there's this. The Democratic leadership in the House feels that there's no longer a place for Moderates in their party.

That's not exactly what this article says. Pelosi was talking about this one particular vote. And AOC certainly is not part of the House leadership. She does not speak for all Democrats. The #1 reason she is the current political media darling is because she is young, Latino, and attractive and speaks her mind.

The problem is that she doesn't know what she is talking about, at least in regards to economics and has been exposed and embarrassed numerous times publicly. Pelosi is a tough, seasoned political veteran who I'm sure has plenty of favors to call in. She won't kowtow to the likes of AOC.
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:48 pm

Exactly!

AOC is nowhere near the "democratic leadership" in the House. To believe that you have to be watching too much FOX news.

I don't know how you could read that article and come away with that impression.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:19 am

First sentence on a Trump 2020 reelection run from CNN this morning-
President Donald Trump was able to win the White House in 2016 despite being the least liked major party nominee in history.

In other news, the Patriots were able to win the Super Bowl in 2019 despite being the worst NFL team in history.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:48 am

Teetime wrote:Exactly!

AOC is nowhere near the "democratic leadership" in the House. To believe that you have to be watching too much FOX news.

I don't know how you could read that article and come away with that impression.

The Democratic party is becoming more radical that you think and AOC isn't as far out of the Democrat mainstream as folks think. A lot of the rank and file Democrats like her message.
Don't ever underestimate the Democrats ability to screw up what appears to be a favorable situation. The 2000 Presidential election would be a good example of that.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2019/1/7/18165283/ocasio-cortez-aoc-60-minutes-democratic-party
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:57 am

OSUBucks wrote:

The Democratic party is becoming more radical that you think and AOC isn't as far out of the Democrat mainstream as folks think. A lot of the rank and file Democrats like her message.
Don't ever underestimate the Democrats ability to screw up what appears to be a favorable situation. The 2000 Presidential election would be a good example of that.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2019/1/7/18165283/ocasio-cortez-aoc-60-minutes-democratic-party

If the dems can nominate what for them would be a center or even moderately center/left candidate in 2020, I'm thinking s/he will beat Trump hands down in the general election...assuming no other liberal dem decides to mount an effective third party run that would siphon votes away. Bernie, Elizabeth, Cory, and a few others don't fit into that scenario.
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:23 pm

ramblinman wrote:
OSUBucks wrote:

If the dems can nominate what for them would be a center or even moderately center/left candidate in 2020, I'm thinking s/he will beat Trump hands down in the general election...assuming no other liberal dem decides to mount an effective third party run that would siphon votes away.  Bernie, Elizabeth, Cory, and a few others don't fit into that scenario.

That's it. There's a long list of Democrat candidates and very few of them are Centrists or center/left. It will be interesting to see how it plays out. In the last election rather than be an independent arbiter the DNC was pulling strings for Hillary behind the scenes. That didn't work out so well. Off the top of my head Tee's favorite Klobuchar is the one that comes to mind as closest to the center. Maybe Biden but I don't consider him as a serious candidate given his age.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:19 pm

OSUBucks wrote:
ramblinman wrote:
OSUBucks wrote:

If the dems can nominate what for them would be a center or even moderately center/left candidate in 2020, I'm thinking s/he will beat Trump hands down in the general election...assuming no other liberal dem decides to mount an effective third party run that would siphon votes away.  Bernie, Elizabeth, Cory, and a few others don't fit into that scenario.

That's it. There's a long list of Democrat candidates and very few of them are Centrists or center/left. It will be interesting to see how it plays out. In the  last election rather than be an independent arbiter the DNC was pulling strings for Hillary behind the scenes. That didn't work out so well. Off the top of my head Tee's favorite Klobuchar is the one that comes to mind as closest to the center. Maybe Biden but I don't consider him as a serious candidate given his age.

If only Hickenlooper had a better last name...
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:30 pm

It's almost like they're suggesting there's some sort of emergency or something down there...

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/05/us/crossing-the-border-statistics.html
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:43 pm

Head Idiot wrote:It's almost like they're suggesting there's some sort of emergency or something down there...

I'm surprised that the Democrats aren't advocating welcoming stations to provide food and refreshment for the new guests with on site voter registration. Laughing
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:19 pm

Head Idiot wrote:It's almost like they're suggesting there's some sort of emergency or something down there...

There isn't.

These are poor people or often people who have crossed into trouble with an oppressive regime in their home country, often families, who cross the border and look for the first border patrol agent they can find. They want to turn themselves in and make an asylum claim. That is different from Mexicans storming the border in waves looking to rape and pillage and sell drugs as this administration would want you to believe.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:33 pm

Ya. A quarter million people in five months is absolutely nothing to worry about right?

While also disregarding the other 12-20 million already here.

If your concern is their oppressive regime, why don't we help them do something about that in their own country?
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:40 am

Head Idiot wrote:If your concern is their oppressive regime, why don't we help them do something about that in their own country?

I agree 100%. Let’s do that NOW.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:32 am

Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:36 am

What is their position on Nicaragua and Honduras?

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:49 am

Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:56 pm

OSUBucks wrote:

Pelosi is not impressed.
https://www.politico.com/story/2019/03/06/ilhan-omar-israel-democrats-1206740

Look...I'm not a huge Pelosi fan. With that being said, she is a tough politician who knows how the system works. AOC and these other young Democratic firebrands have never been tested or challenged because they have all existed in an echo chamber up until this point. They are the kind of people who indulge in embarrassingly excessive navel gazing while garnering compliments for the smell of their farts.

Pelosi will crush them.
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:15 pm

Pelosi appears weak as I just saw her on TV today and she was careful not to criticize Ilhan Omar for her public anti Semitic statements. Democrats have tolerated racists in their own party for years like Robert Byrd but they would be having a fit if a Republican had made the comments that Omar made. Remember, there was widespread opposition to Pelosi being named Speaker again and she had to agree to only serve no more than 4 more years before they would vote her in as Speaker again. There is an undercurrent of Democratic unrest in the House today. That's why Pelosi is walking on eggshells when discussing the comments of Omar, who BTW refuses to apologize for her statements.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:38 pm

Tell me the anti Semitic remarks she has made that have you so upset. Quote her if possible.

I know one remark was that the Jewish lobby bought the support of Jews. I say that about the oil lobby buying republican congressmen. How are those two different?

Let’s have a real adult conversation about this and then you can call me every name in the book.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:42 pm

What is the Trump party position on improving the economic conditions in Honduras and Nicaragua?

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:43 pm

OSUBucks wrote:Pelosi appears weak as I just saw her on TV today and she was careful not to criticize Ilhan Omar for her public anti Semitic statements. Democrats have tolerated racists in their own party for years like Robert Byrd but they would be having a fit if a Republican had made the comments that Omar made. Remember, there was widespread opposition to Pelosi being named Speaker again and she had to agree to only serve no more than 4 more years before they would vote her in as Speaker again. There is an undercurrent of Democratic unrest in the House today. That's why Pelosi is walking on eggshells when discussing the comments of Omar, who BTW refuses to apologize for her statements.

Widespread opposition to Pelosi? What? How many Democrats voted against her for Speaker who weren't these freshmen?
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum