Buzzer beating losses

Go down

Buzzer beating losses Empty Buzzer beating losses

Post by mc140 on Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:58 am

We have lost our last two conference games on buzzer beaters. Well one was actually after the buzzer, but there is no replay. The team we lost to tonight has beaten us 3 of the last 4 years on three pointers made as time expired. The other year we missed a 3 to tie the game at the end. Anyone else have a team they repeatedly beat or lose to on the final play/drive of the game?

mc140
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Buzzer beating losses Empty Re: Buzzer beating losses

Post by wolverine55 on Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:56 pm

We have gone on the road three out of the last four years to play one of our district opponents due to schedule rotation. We've lost two of these three games on a last second FG and then this year we were down by a score with about 30 seconds left and had a chance to stop them and get the ball back before they broke a long TD run to ice it.

wolverine55
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot on Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:08 pm

My sophomore year we lost to Monticello by 1 in OT when we were stopped at the 1 foot line going for 2 (general maximus would know the particulars better than I.
I didn't play much my soph year.) My jr year we lost to them on a last second field go I believe by 1 again. They were ranked both years and that loss was essentially what kept us out of the playoffs as we would finish 5-4 both years.

My Sr year we took out frustration and beat them 45-0 which was quite a throttling in 1993.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 on Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:25 am

Head Idiot wrote:My sophomore year we lost to Monticello by 1 in OT when we were stopped at the 1 foot line going for 2 (general maximus would know the particulars better than I.
I didn't play much my soph year.) My jr year we lost to them on a last second field go I believe by 1 again. They were ranked both years and that loss was essentially what kept us out of the playoffs as we would finish 5-4 both years.

My Sr year we took out frustration and beat them 45-0 which was quite a throttling in 1993.

I was really young at the time and my step-brother played but wasn't one of these games delayed until Monday due to lightning? I do remember the game with the FG at the end.

Last season my Freshman Basketball team lost 5 games by a combined 6 points. We played two of the opponents later in the season and won both games by 20+.
dusty7
dusty7
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot on Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:33 am

dusty7 wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:My sophomore year we lost to Monticello by 1 in OT when we were stopped at the 1 foot line going for 2 (general maximus would know the particulars better than I.

I was really young at the time and my step-brother played but wasn't one of these games delayed until Monday due to lightning?  I do remember the game with the FG at the end.  

Last season my Freshman Basketball team lost 5 games by a combined 6 points.  We played two of the opponents later in the season and won both games by 20+.  
That may have been against someone else. We played Tolono at Tolono my soph year and it got delayed until Saturday. Were losing like 21-6 at the beginning of the break and came back and won the next day. I do think we played Monticello the next week.

I did coach in a game while at Shelbyville in 02 that got delayed until Monday with Monticello. Pretty sure it was that year Monticello made the 5-4 run to the semis. Couldn't play Saturday due to a band competition. Always hated going to Monticello because of the stupid band music that blared out of that giant speaker over the visitors bench in pre game.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by SIFBCoach7 on Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:45 pm

Hey, I beat Monticello 35-0 my senior year too!
SIFBCoach7
SIFBCoach7
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by wolverine55 on Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:14 am

Played our conference rival in basketball for the second time of the season last night. First game was close all the way. It was tied with under ten seconds left and we ran a play resulting in a missed shot, but our center got an offensive rebound and got fouled at the buzzer. He's a horrible free throw shooter, you could tell by the look on his face he wanted no part of that moment, and he absolutely bricked both free throws. We lose by two in overtime.

Last night, another close game all the way. We're up a point with under a minute to go. Our best shooter gets fouled. It's a one-and-one. He hits the first free throw...but stepped on the line, so no good. We play good defense and force them to take a crap shoot with under 5 seconds left, but their center gets an offensive rebound and is fouled with 1.1 seconds left. The difference is their center can flat out shoot it and calmly knocks down both free throws. We lose by one. Phuck....
wolverine55
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down