PE Strength and Conditioning classes

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

PE Strength and Conditioning classes - Page 5 Empty Re: PE Strength and Conditioning classes

Post by 19delta on Sat May 25, 2019 6:37 pm

center wrote:stud sprinter is nursing a hamstring.

He ran a 10.46 today in prelims. Hamstring must be better.

Am I reading this right? Moore was the ONLY Plainfield Central kid in the finals? So Plainfield Central finishes in 9th Place overall but that is because all 20 points they have came from one kid who won 2 events?
https://www.ihsa.org/?url=/data/trb/3result2.htm

I thought I would see a long list of Plainfield Central #fastcats in the finals...

19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

PE Strength and Conditioning classes - Page 5 Empty Re: PE Strength and Conditioning classes

Post by Pike Bishop on Sat May 25, 2019 8:08 pm

19delta wrote:
center wrote:stud sprinter is nursing a hamstring.

He ran a 10.46 today in prelims. Hamstring must be better.

Am I reading this right? Moore was the ONLY Plainfield Central kid in the finals? So Plainfield Central finishes in 9th Place overall but that is because all 20 points they have came from one kid who won 2 events?
https://www.ihsa.org/?url=/data/trb/3result2.htm

I thought I would see a long list of Plainfield Central #fastcats in the finals...

A couple of years ago there was a 3A sprinter/jumper, Cole Henderson (Pekin High School) who got 2nd or 3rd in state by himself (I think 1st in 100, 200, 2nd in LJ, 9th in 400, due to weather, it was a rolling schedule so he coasted in the 400 to be rested for the 200). Holler wrote an rticle/prosposed how a single athlete should not be allowed to win a team trophy. We were talking about it one day before practice if he would change his tune this year and the next two because he had one of the best sprinters in the nation. I guess it didn't matter one way or another.

Pike Bishop
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot on Sat May 25, 2019 9:13 pm

Holler is the HC at Plainfield North.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta on Sat May 25, 2019 9:44 pm

Head Idiot wrote:Holler is the HC at Plainfield North.

Ok.

But Plainfield North only had 1 guy in the finals, right?
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by center on Sat May 25, 2019 10:37 pm

Correct on Moore being only finalist this year. Lot more last year and that’s when a lot of “feed the cats” took off.

Just got back from state meet. Moore ran 10.39 in 100. In 200 he started pulling up a good 50 meters from the finish. Looked like blown hamstring for a second. AND he still runs 21.12 and wins??

I understand all the feelings about Holler both for and against. But this kid is the fastest I’ve ever seen.

center
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot on Sat May 25, 2019 10:55 pm

19delta wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:Holler is the HC at Plainfield North.

Ok.

But Plainfield North only had 1 guy in the finals, right?
No idea. Hopefully, my involvement with track ended permanently a year ago today.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by mc140 on Sun May 26, 2019 2:20 am

19delta wrote:
mc140 wrote:
19delta wrote:Is it more beneficial to the track program to get good football players out for track or is it more beneficial to the football team to get good track athletes out for football? My opinion is that football is far more beneficial to track than track is to football.

Having said that, I think for a lot of football players, they would be WAY better off doing track in the spring than baseball. Or even not doing ANY sports in the spring and just concentrate on the weight room (except, of course, for kids who are REALLY good baseball players).

I'd rather have talented athletes. Our weight program was a joke in high school and we lost 3 games in 4 years.

But that is not the question I asked.

Depends on the program. Lake Park for years dominated with very few football kids. Crete this year won with almost all football kids.

mc140
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 on Mon May 27, 2019 7:12 am

#FeedTheHorses
Bighitter11
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5