PE Strength and Conditioning classes

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

PE Strength and Conditioning classes Empty PE Strength and Conditioning classes

Post by 19delta on Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:16 am

Does anyone know of some schools that have a dedicated Strength and Conditioning PE class? I would like to try and set up a visit and observation.

Thinking Jo Daviess, Stephenson, Ogle, Winnebago, Boone, DeKalb, Lee, Bureau, Whiteside, Henry, Rock Island, or Mercer County area.

Also looking for any Illinois schools that use a dedicated Strength and Conditioning app like PLT4M or TrainHeroic.
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

PE Strength and Conditioning classes Empty Re: PE Strength and Conditioning classes

Post by wolverine55 on Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:47 am

Probably outside your range and we do not utilize those apps, but we do have PE classes devoted to strength training every period of our school day. I'm located in Keokuk, IA now.
wolverine55
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

PE Strength and Conditioning classes Empty Re: PE Strength and Conditioning classes

Post by lefty120 on Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:59 pm

If it’s possible, you need to go spend the day with Adam Vogel at Bradley Bourbonnais. He’s unbelievable and very accommodating. He’s helped us out a ton the last few years making our program better. It’d be well worth the drive.

lefty120
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by newcom on Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:26 am

Call the McNutt kid he apparently has the greatest workout ever since Illinois coaches did not seem to know what they we're doing. Cool Very Happy Razz cheers
newcom
newcom
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 on Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:17 am

newcom wrote:Call the McNutt kid he apparently has the greatest workout ever since Illinois coaches did not seem to know what they we're doing. Cool Very Happy Razz cheers

Boom!!!
Bighitter11
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot on Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:24 pm

newcom wrote:Call the McNutt kid he apparently has the greatest workout ever since Illinois coaches did not seem to know what they we're doing. Cool Very Happy Razz cheers
Well crafted. +1

Also, according to the Tweeter, he'll be getting closer to you Delt as he was blessed to receive some sort of offer from NIU. Lucky you.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta on Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:29 pm

I saw that. Did not say what kind of offer.

I wish the kid well. He's a heck of a player.
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot on Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:39 pm

19delta wrote:I saw that. Did not say what kind of offer.

I wish the kid well. He's a heck of a player.
Ya, I don't anything about the kid outside his Tweets of him lifting and the UofI deal.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot on Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:00 pm

On topic- Coach Dixon at Camp Point has done some really nice things with their weight program over the years. They're also getting into the track football consortium stuff too.

I don't know what Coach Welter at Monticello does, but the transformation that program has made under him is startling, so he must be doing something right in that regard.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by tincup1215 on Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:37 pm

I sat in on Coach Dixon's presentation this weekend at the TFC and it was excellent.
tincup1215
tincup1215
King Fool
King Fool

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 on Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:28 pm

Same.

lefty120
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta on Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:35 pm

tincup1215 wrote:I sat in on Coach Dixon's presentation this weekend at the TFC and it was excellent.  

Wanted to go. We had a wrestling tournament in Iowa. I follow Coach Dixon on Twitter...good stuff.
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by ging on Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:06 am

make sure you go to Ogle County last. just sayin
ging
ging
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by center on Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:19 pm

Head Idiot wrote:On topic- Coach Dixon at Camp Point has done some really nice things with their weight program over the years.  They're also getting into the track football consortium stuff too.

I don't know what Coach Welter at Monticello does, but the transformation that program has made under him is startling, so he must be doing something right in that regard.

Cully is a game changer as a coach. There are not many of them out there but he is one of the precious few. I would definitely take a look at him.

center
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot on Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:27 pm

Plus, he's always been super helpful and a great guy to me.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by center on Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:04 pm

ging wrote:make sure you go to Ogle County last.  just sayin

There are other counties?

center
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 on Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:22 am

19delta wrote:
tincup1215 wrote:I sat in on Coach Dixon's presentation this weekend at the TFC and it was excellent.  

Wanted to go. We had a wrestling tournament in Iowa. I follow Coach Dixon on Twitter...good stuff.

Delta went at Dixon on twitter last night!!!!!!!
Bighitter11
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta on Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:03 pm

Bighitter11 wrote:
19delta wrote:

Yeah, I did. Couldn't take it any more. 😆
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by center on Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:15 pm

19delta wrote:
Bighitter11 wrote:
19delta wrote:

Where did this battle occur?

center
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 on Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:48 pm

19delta wrote:
Bighitter11 wrote:
19delta wrote:

What exactly couldn't you take anymore?

lefty120
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghengis Khan on Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:51 pm

center wrote:
19delta wrote:
Bighitter11 wrote:
19delta wrote:

https://twitter.com/coachbdixon/status/1072663302122209285

Ghengis Khan
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot on Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:51 pm

center wrote:

PE Strength and Conditioning classes Maxresdefault
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by tincup1215 on Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:57 pm

I saw that last night, didn't realize that was you Delta.  Difference in philosophies is a good thing.  

I do get annoyed with my fellow Track/Speed coaches when they blast other coaches for posting Squat=Fast and things like that.  All that does is create animosity and the keyboard warriors sure love to point out what others do wrong and they come out in droves. Shouldn't be Strength vs Speed, it should be Strength AND Speed.

I do wholeheartedly agree that if you just squat with zero speed work, you will not get faster.  You'll get stronger.  Doing just speed work with no lifting makes you faster, but not necessarily stronger.  When we talk about racehorse vs plowhorses...every racehorse I've seen is strong AND fast.

It all comes down to finding that healthy balance between speed and strength.  Going to TFC with 3 fellow coaches (HFC and OC) really made us think more about what we do.  Luckily we are all pretty good friends and are on the same page of doing what's best for the athletes by utilizing our strengths as coaches.
tincup1215
tincup1215
King Fool
King Fool

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta on Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:55 pm

lefty120 wrote:
19delta wrote:
Bighitter11 wrote:
19delta wrote:

What exactly couldn't you take anymore?  

The idea that there is anything more important than strength for high school football players. And his snarky comment about plowhorses vs. racehorses was especially galling. I don't care how fast you think your kids are. They can't run when they are getting blown off the ball and knocked on their butts!

CPC had a terrific year, no doubt. And I'm sure there are all sorts of guys lining up to join the speed > strength cult. But, something to think about is that Forreston, the team that demolished CPC by every conceivable metric, didn't even win their own conference. They were a 7-2 team. If CPC played in Forreston's conference, they would have been lucky to go 5-4 and probably would not have got out of the first round.

I'm sure Coach Dixon is a really smart guy and knows his stuff. I just thought he would have shown a little more respect to a team that didn't have a lot of great players but did have a bunch of guys who put in the time under the bar in the weight room over the past 3 or 4 years. I don't doubt for a second that Coach Dixon's players were faster on the stopwatch than the Forreston kids. But the Forreston kids were exponentially stronger and more physical and that is what made the difference.
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta on Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:27 pm

tincup1215 wrote:I saw that last night, didn't realize that was you Delta.  Difference in philosophies is a good thing.  

I do wholeheartedly agree that if you just squat with zero speed work, you will not get faster.  You'll get stronger.  Doing just speed work with no lifting makes you faster, but not necessarily stronger.  When we talk about racehorse vs plowhorses...every racehorse I've seen is strong AND fast.

I have to disagree.

Strength work IS speed work. I would bet my next paycheck that I can take an untrained kid, put him on a lifting program built around ground-based, compound lifts done with free weights and that kid is going to run faster and jump higher in six months even if he doesn't do ANY running or jumping.

And not only will that kid be faster and jump higher. He will be stronger and will be more likely able to physically dominate kids who aren't as strong.
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next