Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Simeon files lawsuit against IHSA

+10
ramblinman
Reggie
Bighitter11
tincup1215
Head Idiot
Teetime
wolverine55
ging
dusty7
19delta
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Simeon files lawsuit against IHSA - Page 2 Empty Re: Simeon files lawsuit against IHSA

Post by Bigshot85 Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:54 am

Regardless if it's a home game or not shouldn't the AD make sure everything is under control?
Bigshot85
Bigshot85
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Simeon files lawsuit against IHSA - Page 2 Empty Re: Simeon files lawsuit against IHSA

Post by Doctor D Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:24 am

The alleged incident doesn't seem to be a case where any actions against the school seem appropriate, but actions against the individual seem prudent.

All this other back and forth is just a case of "voting party lines" in the P v P spirit.
Doctor D
Doctor D
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:40 am

ramblinman wrote:
19delta wrote:
ramblinman wrote:.  Are you responsible for every goofball that CPS lets through the gate and that is hanging out around the 10 or 15 yard line?

Yes. The head coach is responsible for his sideline.

While that may be true,  I think it is unreasonable.   A HC has enough to do and be concerned about within the coaches box, and should not be responsible for anyone who finds his way on to the sideline outside of that box.  You really feel you should be responsible for journalists,  photographers,  etc ...especially if you are not hosting the game and have no control over who is granted access by field security people working for the host school?

By rule, the head coach is responsible for the sideline. The head coach can be penalized for sideline infractions. That is not an unreasonable rule. In fact, that is a big part of being a head coach. According to multiple articles, the dad wearing his official's gear was in the team area during the game. He was not just in the peripherary on the sideline. Again...there is a 0% chance that this parent went unnoticed by any of the Nazareth coaches or game administration.

I get it that you are a big supporter of Catholic schools but you are really showing your ass on this one.

Last edited by 19delta on Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:54 am; edited 1 time in total
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:49 am

Doctor D wrote:The alleged incident doesn't seem to be a case where any actions against the school seem appropriate, but actions against the individual seem prudent.  

All this other back and forth is just a case of "voting party lines" in the P v P spirit.  

I agree with this.

I don't for a second believe that the Nazareth coaches colluded or conspired with this guy before the game to try and influence the outcome in any way. With that being said, I find it flatly unbelievable that none of the Nazareth coaches or administration noticed this guy...a father to a Nazareth varsity player, dressed in an official's uniforms, conversing with officials, and standing in restricted areas on the sideline. There is literally no way.

With that being said, I don't think that Nazareth can really be punished for this. While it appears that Nazareth did benefit from what this parent did, #1) it was not instigated by the Nazareth coaches and #2) There is enough plausible deniability from the Nazareth side that it would be impossible to prove that the Nazareth coaches gave their tacit approval to what this guy was doing even if they knew he was on the sideline.

I would really like to see the final IHSA report on the investigation.
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by ging Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:15 pm

if mercado doesn't go on social media after the game and troll simeon, does this even become a story?? certainly not one of this magnitude.
ging
ging
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:11 pm

ging wrote:if mercado doesn't go on social media after the game and troll simeon, does this even become a story??  certainly not one of this magnitude.

I'm not sure about that.

It sounded to me like Simeon took action right away to register a protest with the IHSA. But when the IHSA did not respond, that's when the lawsuit got filed. I think Simeon was going to take some kind of action, either through the IHSA's grievance process or through the courts, regardless of what Mercado did on social media.
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:24 pm

19delta wrote:
ramblinman wrote:
19delta wrote:
ramblinman wrote:.  Are you responsible for every goofball that CPS lets through the gate and that is hanging out around the 10 or 15 yard line?

While that may be true,  I think it is unreasonable.   A HC has enough to do and be concerned about within the coaches box, and should not be responsible for anyone who finds his way on to the sideline outside of that box.  You really feel you should be responsible for journalists,  photographers,  etc ...especially if you are not hosting the game and have no control over who is granted access by field security people working for the host school?

By rule, the head coach is responsible for the sideline. The head coach can be penalized for sideline infractions. That is not an unreasonable rule. In fact, that is a big part of being a head coach. According to multiple articles, the dad wearing his official's gear was in the team area during the game. He was not just in the peripherary on the sideline. Again...there is a 0% chance that this parent went unnoticed by any of the Nazareth coaches or game administration.

I get it that you are a big supporter of Catholic schools but you are really showing your ass on this one.

So, you are saying that the HC of the visiting team is responsible for reporters, photographers, etc. who aren't connected to his school, who were granted field access by representatives of the HOME team, and who are standing 10, 15, 20 yards outside of the coaches box?  That is completely unreasonable, and I can't imagine any HC who would want to be held accountable for that responsibility.  

BTW, there's a ref over on Edgy's site who is basically saying the same thing as I am. Here is what he says: "Coaches have enough to worry about between the 25 to 25 coaches box plus what is on the field. So make sure we leave the coaches out of this discussion."

No, it's not the d-bag Naz ref.

If asking questions in a civil way and pointing out what I feel are unreasonable expectations of a visiting team coach during the middle of a hotly contested semi final contest is showing my Catholic ass, then so be it.
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:34 pm

ramblinman wrote:
19delta wrote:
ramblinman wrote:
19delta wrote:

So, you are saying that the HC of the visiting team is responsible for reporters, photographers, etc. who aren't connected to his school, who were granted field access by representatives of the HOME team, and who are standing 10, 15, 20 yards outside of the coaches box?  That is completely unreasonable, and I can't imagine any HC who would want to be held accountable for that responsibility.  

BTW, there's a ref over on Edgy's site who is basically saying the same thing as I am.  Here is what he says:  "Coaches have enough to worry about between the 25 to 25 coaches box plus what is on the field. So make sure we leave the coaches out of this discussion."

If asking questions in a civil way and pointing out what I feel are unreasonable expectations of a visiting team coach during the middle of a hotly contested semi final contest is showing my Catholic ass, then so be it.

The point you keep disregarding is that this guy was not a reporter, photographer, or coach. He was a parent of one of the varsity players. Again, for the umpteenth time, there is no way that the parent of a varsity player, wearing an official's uniform, went unnoticed on that sideline.
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:38 pm

You (and someone claiming to be a ref on Edgy's) are also telling two former head varsity football coaches what a head coach can or is supposed to notice...
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:02 pm

19delta wrote:
ramblinman wrote:
19delta wrote:
ramblinman wrote:
19delta wrote:

BTW, there's a ref over on Edgy's site who is basically saying the same thing as I am.  Here is what he says:  "Coaches have enough to worry about between the 25 to 25 coaches box plus what is on the field. So make sure we leave the coaches out of this discussion."

The point you keep disregarding is that this guy was not a reporter, photographer, or coach. He was a parent of one of the varsity players. Again, for the umpteenth time, there is no way that the parent of a varsity player, wearing an official's uniform, went unnoticed on that sideline.

And you are saying that the HC is responsible for EVERYONE, which includes photographers, journalists, other unknown individuals, and d-bag stepfathers wearing stripes. I get that teams can be issued sideline infractions for players and staff that are being dicks or stepping into areas where they don't belong. What I don't get is what you are trying to say that he is responsible for EVERYONE. Where does it say that in the rules?

Furthermore, I granted in a previous post that what you say may well true, but that I thought is was an unreasonable expectation. You think it is reasonable. We disagree. What a surprise.
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:15 pm

Head Idiot wrote:You (and someone claiming to be a ref on Edgy's) are also telling two former head varsity football coaches what a head coach can or is supposed to notice...

I get it. You have awesome peripheral vision, and you are completely fine with being responsible for everyone on your sideline that the other team granted access to.
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:27 pm

ramblinman wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:You (and someone claiming to be a ref on Edgy's) are also telling two former head varsity football coaches what a head coach can or is supposed to notice...

I get it.  You have awesome peripheral vision, and you are completely fine with being responsible for everyone on your sideline that the other team granted access to.  
There is no granting access to sidelines. Have you ever seen anyone have to present any credentials outside the state championships to get on a sideline? The coach controls who is on there and who isn't. And yes, that includes media.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:10 pm

Head Idiot wrote:
ramblinman wrote:

I get it.  You have awesome peripheral vision, and you are completely fine with being responsible for everyone on your sideline that the other team granted access to.  
There is no granting access to sidelines.  Have you ever seen anyone have to present any credentials outside the state championships to get on a sideline?  The coach controls who is on there and who isnt.  And yes, that includes media.

Maybe that's true with your games pitting farmer ballers against each other, but I doubt that Coach Racki from Naz is going to be vetting each and every individual who Chicago Public School representatives are letting onto the field at a semifinal game at Gately Stadium in Chicago with several thousand people at that game.

Are you suggesting that Coach Racki granted him access to the field? I already covered that possibility earlier in this thread when I said if that were the case, then shame on Naz. But I don't think it happened the way you think it happened. If some guy wearing stripes walks up to a CPS rep standing guard at the gate to the field, he's going to be let in no questions asked.
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:03 pm

ramblinman wrote:
19delta wrote:
ramblinman wrote:
19delta wrote:
ramblinman wrote:
19delta wrote:

And you are saying that the HC is responsible for EVERYONE, which includes photographers, journalists, other unknown individuals, and d-bag stepfathers wearing stripes.  I get that teams can be issued sideline infractions for players and staff that are being dicks or stepping into areas where they don't belong.  What I don't get is what you are trying to say that he is responsible for EVERYONE.  Where does it say that in the rules?

Furthermore, I granted in a previous post that what you say may well true, but that I thought is was an unreasonable expectation.  You think it is reasonable.   We disagree.  What a surprise.

The HC, by rule, is responsible for everything that happens in the team area (between the 25-yard lines). Outside of the team area, the HC can be held responsible for the actions of people on the sideline. As D-bag stepfather was photographed within the team area (the 25-yard lines) that clearly falls under the HC's area of responsibility.

I will concede that I don't know how a big-time 7a playoff game is administered but every home game I have witnessed at our little po-dunk school (2a), any person on the sideline has to be approved by the head coach or the athletic director. There is never anyone in the team area who is not supposed to be there. As far as reporters and photographers go, they are issued a press pass. No press pass, no sideline access.

19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:09 pm

ramblinman wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:
ramblinman wrote:

There is no granting access to sidelines.  Have you ever seen anyone have to present any credentials outside the state championships to get on a sideline?  The coach controls who is on there and who isnt.  And yes, that includes media.

Maybe that's true with your games pitting farmer ballers against each other, but I doubt that Coach Racki from Naz is going to be vetting each and every individual who Chicago Public School representatives are letting onto the field at a semifinal game at Gately Stadium in Chicago with several thousand people at that game.  

Are you suggesting that Coach Racki granted him access to the field?  I already covered that possibility earlier in this thread when I said if that were the case, then shame on Naz.  But I don't think it happened the way you think it happened.  If some guy wearing stripes walks up to a CPS rep standing guard at the gate to the field, he's going to be let in no questions asked.

Yet you continue to ignore the fact that it is simply inconceiveable that no one among the Nazareth staff or administration recognized this guy. This guy who is, again, a father of a varsity player. Why didn't anyone on the Nazareth sideline point the guy out and make him leave? "Hey Billy...what is your dad doing down there with his official's uniform on?"
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:07 am

I'm saying that no one "granted" him access.  He more than likely just walked onto the field.  You really think CPS has an extensive system for who they let on the field and who they don't?

It is on Coach Racki and their people for allowing him to stay there the entire game.

And, thanks again for once more coming off as a condescending Chicago asshole with your farmer ball bullshit.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:11 am

PS- You keep saying it was a semifinal game. It wasn't. It was a quarterfinal game.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:02 pm

19delta wrote:
ramblinman wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:
ramblinman wrote:

Are you suggesting that Coach Racki granted him access to the field?  I already covered that possibility earlier in this thread when I said if that were the case, then shame on Naz.  But I don't think it happened the way you think it happened.  If some guy wearing stripes walks up to a CPS rep standing guard at the gate to the field, he's going to be let in no questions asked.

Yet you continue to ignore the fact that it is simply inconceiveable that no one among the Nazareth staff or administration recognized this guy. This guy who is, again, a father of a varsity player. Why didn't anyone on the Nazareth sideline point the guy out and make him leave? "Hey Billy...what is your dad doing down there with his official's uniform on?"

Didn't ignore that fact at all. Read what I said. I said shame on Naz if they knew he was there before half and they didn't ask him to not return to the sideline for the second half. Once the game is on, I don't think they should be held responsible for every single person on their sideline from goal line to goal line.

Found that rule yet?
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:17 pm

Head Idiot wrote:I'm saying that no one "granted" him access.  He more than likely just walked onto the field.  You really think CPS has an extensive system for who they let on the field and who they don't?

It is on Coach Racki and their people for allowing him to stay there the entire game.

And, thanks again for once more coming off as a condescending Chicago asshole with your farmer ball bullshit.

More of a system than you might think. 8000 seat stadium located in the inner city. Fans are wanded with metal detectors as they enter the stadium. The place is no corn field.

Learned the farmer baller term from you. Am I not allowed to use it when describing the majority of your HC experience?
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:36 pm

ramblinman wrote:
19delta wrote:
ramblinman wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:
ramblinman wrote:

Didn't ignore that fact at all.  Read what I said.  I said shame on Naz if they knew he was there before half and they didn't ask him to not return to the sideline for the second half.  Once the game is on, I don't think they should be held responsible for every single person on  their sideline from goal line to goal line.  

Found that rule yet?

Um...I'm not looking for it. Because, you know...I have seen head coaches penalized for sideline infractions.😆

Oh, and d-bag dad wasn't just on the sideline around the goal line, regardless of the narrative you are pushing. I know that is the Catholic homerism showing but d-bag dad was in the team area between the 25-yard lines. I noticed you are ignoring that inconvenient fact, as well.
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:10 pm

19delta wrote:
ramblinman wrote:
19delta wrote:
ramblinman wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:
ramblinman wrote:

Didn't ignore that fact at all.  Read what I said.  I said shame on Naz if they knew he was there before half and they didn't ask him to not return to the sideline for the second half.  Once the game is on, I don't think they should be held responsible for every single person on  their sideline from goal line to goal line.  

Found that rule yet?

Um...I'm not looking for it. Because, you know...I have seen head coaches penalized for sideline infractions.😆

Oh, and d-bag dad wasn't just on the sideline around the goal line, regardless of the narrative you are pushing. I know that is the Catholic homerism showing but d-bag dad was in the team area between the 25-yard lines. I noticed you are ignoring that inconvenient fact, as well.

I've seen sideline infractions too. I've seen the sideline infraction rule too. But I dont see where that rule extends to every single person on that sideline from goal line to goal line. Nor do I see any rule stating that people who are granted access to the sideline must be pre approved by the HC. If such a rule exists, point me to it.
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:30 pm

ramblinman wrote:
19delta wrote:
ramblinman wrote:
19delta wrote:
ramblinman wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:
ramblinman wrote:

Found that rule yet?

I've seen sideline infractions too.  I've seen the sideline infraction rule too.  But I dont see where that rule extends to every single person on that sideline from goal line to goal line.  Nor do I see any rule stating that people who are granted access to the sideline must be pre approved by the HC.  If such a rule exists, point me to it.

Eh...at this point, I'm pretty much, "whatever". Regarding sideline access, I don't think the HC has to "approve" people officially...there isn't some kind of formal vetting process. But, anyone in that team area between the 25-yard lines is the responsibility of the HC and the HC can be penalized for their actions.

But, keep in mind, D-bag dad wasn't heckling the officials. So, this would not really be the kind of situation that would warrant a penalty. Obviously, the officials in the game didn't feel like the dad's participation amounted to fan interference or warranted a sideline penalty. As I posted yesterday, whatever ultimately happened, there is no way that anyone associated with Nazareth can be held responsible because there is enough plausible deniability.

What I do think is that it was bad form for the Nazareth coaches and administration to allow this guy on the sideline, both within and without the team area, for the duration of the game. Once it became evident to Nazareth coaches and administration that this guy was on the sideline, he should have been escorted off the field. I don't think that is an unreasonable criticism of the Nazareth coaches and administration. I also don't think it was cheating, at least cheating that was orchestrated by the Nazareth coaches. I do believe that this Mercado character took these actions on his own. It was also bad form for the game officials to be caught publicly conversing with someone on the sideline who was dressed as an official. I'm sure the conversation was innocent but it certainly gives the appearance of impropriety. The officials should have asked the Nazareth coaches who the guy was and what he was doing on the sideline.
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:48 am

Now we are getting somewhere.  

For me, all depends on when he arrived on the sideline and when Naz became aware of his presence.  I don't know he was there for the duration of the game. Do you?  I have no idea when he arrived.  I will grant that it is close to impossible for Naz football program staff to NOT know that he was there, but my issue with that is when did they become aware of his presence.  If he showed up before the start of the game, and Naz knew about it, then I agree that it is bad form on their part to allow him to remain.  If they became aware of his presence at anytime after the game started, I don't think they should allow themselves to be distracted to the point of asking him to leave or having him escorted from the field.  I think if that awareness occurred in the middle of the first half, then they should have handled this at halftime and not allowed him to stay for the second half.
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2