Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Simeon files lawsuit against IHSA

+10
ramblinman
Reggie
Bighitter11
tincup1215
Head Idiot
Teetime
wolverine55
ging
dusty7
19delta
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Simeon files lawsuit against IHSA Empty Simeon files lawsuit against IHSA

Post by 19delta Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:56 am

19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Simeon files lawsuit against IHSA Empty Re: Simeon files lawsuit against IHSA

Post by dusty7 Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:45 am

Very interesting.

I can't believe dad responded like that on Twitter.

But like every similar situation nothing will be done. It's not like Simeon can magically appear in the title game.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by ging Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:46 am

i have been following this. the ref (mercado) didn't officiate the game but did some serious trolling after the fact.
ging
ging
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by wolverine55 Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:53 pm

I wasn't expecting to have this reaction...but honestly I can't say I blame Simeon for filing the lawsuit. Granted, I can't imagine anything coming of it, but what an ass.
wolverine55
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:02 pm

Holy crap!

I don't know a lot about Simeon, but I have always imagined that the kids are all inner-city and 60% or more come from broken families in which the kids see very little success in life.

Those are all pre-conceived notions born from my ignorance of the city. Correct me if I'm wrong.

IF this jackass father did anything to bias these officials against a group of kids like that he should be publicly ridiculed for months, followed by a ban from any IHSA event in the future.....except Simeon games. Those he should be forced to officiate until his passing.

Teetime
Teetime
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:52 pm

Teetime wrote:Holy crap!

I don't know a lot about Simeon, but I have always imagined that the kids are all inner-city and 60% or more come from broken families in which the kids see very little success in life.

Those are all pre-conceived notions born from my ignorance of the city. Correct me if I'm wrong.

IF this jackass father did anything to bias these officials against a group of kids like that he should be publicly ridiculed for months, followed by a ban from any IHSA event in the future.....except Simeon games. Those he should be forced to officiate until his passing.

Why punish Simeon like that?
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by tincup1215 Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:33 am

Just saw the comments on facebook made by the Dad. What. An. Idiot.
tincup1215
tincup1215
King Fool
King Fool

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:07 pm

This story blew up on Edgy's. Obviously a lot of the Naz/Private people are taking their side. Someone in the comments stated that the spelling on the facebook or twitter profile is a different spelling than the accused father/referee.

dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:10 pm

How exactly can one take Naz' side? This is ridiculously flagrant on their/this guy's part.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by tincup1215 Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:50 pm

Head Idiot wrote:How exactly can one take Naz' side?  This is ridiculously flagrant on their/this guy's part.

Bingo
tincup1215
tincup1215
King Fool
King Fool

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:48 pm

Can someone send me a link to these facebook comments
Bighitter11
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:18 pm

I guess there is another petition by Richards against the refs in their game against Crete-Monee.

It's all getting a bit out of hand. Just acdept that you lost a game and aren't as good as you thought you were.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:30 pm

dusty7 wrote:I guess there is another petition by Richards against the refs in their game against Crete-Monee.

It's all getting a bit out of hand. Just acdept that you lost a game and aren't as good as you thought you were.
I agree with you to a degree.  The Simeon thing is beyond just accepting you lost.  If you watch the video from the endzone, the sideline "ref" appears to "help" mark the ball out of bounds.

https://www.suntimeshighschoolsports.com/2018/11/18/simeon-lawsuit-ihsa-nazareth/
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Reggie Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:09 pm

dusty7 wrote:I guess there is another petition by Richards against the refs in their game against Crete-Monee.

Perhaps I should file a lawsuit over a missed pass interference penalty in the JCA-Metamora game that would have made the score a much more respectable 49-27. Twisted Evil
Reggie
Reggie
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:10 pm

Head Idiot wrote:How exactly can one take Naz' side?  This is ridiculously flagrant on their/this guy's part.

I agree it is flagrant on his part.

But I'm not prepared to NOT take Naz' side in this. Why? Because I don't know enough to take one side or the other. What I don't know is if he was on that sideline because Naz let him there or because Naz told stadium security that he could be there, or if he was there without the knowledge of anyone from Naz.

What I think likely happened is that that d-bag was granted access to the field because he was wearing his stripes. In fact, I strongly suspect that CPS allowed him to be there.

Imagine your team is visiting at Chicago Public Schools-owned Gately Stadium. As host, Simeon agrees to let CPS personnel, or whoever they might outsource field security to, to control access to both sidelines. Are you responsible for every goofball that CPS lets through the gate and that is hanging out around the 10 or 15 yard line?
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:58 pm

You have the ability, even as a visitor, to not let people on your sideline. Especially when you know the guy is being an idiot and you know them.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:00 pm

It goes without saying that the IHSA shouldn't let this clown officiate at any more IHSA events. How could he be trusted to fairly officiate a game after this?
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:23 pm

OSUBucks wrote:It goes without saying that the IHSA shouldn't let this clown officiate at any more IHSA events. How could he be trusted to fairly officiate a game after this?
They're so desperate for officials I can bet this guy's on the field again within 3 years regardless how this unfolds.

If he wants to.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:52 pm

Head Idiot wrote:You have the ability, even as a visitor, to not let people on your sideline. Especially when you know the guy is being an idiot and you know them.

We don't know that Naz gave him access to the sideline or not or that they even knew that he was there.

Assuming you learn of his presence on your sideline at some point during the game, a closely fought semifinal game, you are going to allow yourself to be distracted by that?  

If Naz asked for him to be granted access, or if they knew he was there at any point before halftime and allowed him to remain on the sideline for the second half, then shame on them.  In just about any other scenario, I think it is unreasonable to hold Naz to blame.

I think it is likely that he just showed up and leveraged his stripes with field security, such as it was, to get on the sideline.
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:45 pm

ramblinman wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:You have the ability, even as a visitor, to not let people on your sideline. Especially when you know the guy is being an idiot and you know them.

We don't know that Naz gave him access to the sideline or not or that they even knew that he was there.

Assuming you learn of his presence on your sideline at some point during the game, a closely fought semifinal game, you are going to allow yourself to be distracted by that?  

If Naz asked for him to be granted access, or if they knew he was there at any point before halftime and allowed him to remain on the sideline for the second half, then shame on them.  In just about any other scenario, I think it is unreasonable to hold Naz to blame.

I think it is likely that he just showed up and leveraged his stripes with field security, such as it was, to get on the sideline.
If I noticed any of my kids' parents on the sideline, regardless of whether they're wearing an officials' uniform, I'm getting them off the sideline. It happened once in my 7 years at CG in my first year. I went up and said we don't allow dads on the sidelines. It never happened again.

I'm sure someone from Naz noticed him. At least one of their, I'm sure, 20 coaches saw him. You notice things around you on the sideline. Especially a non official dressed as an official working his way up and down your sideline throughout the game.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:55 pm

ramblinman wrote:.  Are you responsible for every goofball that CPS lets through the gate and that is hanging out around the 10 or 15 yard line?

Yes. The head coach is responsible for his sideline.
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:03 pm

I will not be surprised in the least if Richard Mercado turns out to be some giant entitled a-hole Nazareth football booster.

There is literally a 0% chance that he was on the sideline without the knowledge of any of the Nazareth coaches or administration.
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:40 am

19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by mc140 Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:52 am

19delta wrote:I will not be surprised in the least if Richard Mercado turns out to be some giant entitled a-hole Nazareth football booster.

There is literally a 0% chance that he was on the sideline without the knowledge of any of the Nazareth coaches or administration.

Stepdad of one of the Naz players.

mc140
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:03 am

19delta wrote:
ramblinman wrote:.  Are you responsible for every goofball that CPS lets through the gate and that is hanging out around the 10 or 15 yard line?

Yes. The head coach is responsible for his sideline.

While that may be true, I think it is unreasonable. A HC has enough to do and be concerned about within the coaches box, and should not be responsible for anyone who finds his way on to the sideline outside of that box. You really feel you should be responsible for journalists, photographers, etc ...especially if you are not hosting the game and have no control over who is granted access by field security people working for the host school?
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next