Bears and Trubisky

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Re: Bears and Trubisky

Post by 19delta on Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:18 pm

Head Idiot wrote:
19delta wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:Meh, if you play good enough defense, you can carry a mediocre QB for a 2-3 year run. To be truly great year in and out, you do need to have a great QB. The Patriots went 11-5 with Matt Castle. The Ravens won a SB with Trent Dilfer. Rex Grossman. Peyton Manning his last season. The wonders of Nick Foles. The Vikings last year.

But after that 2-3 year run, the head coach is probably on his way to getting fired unless the front office brings in a legit QB. Denver does not have a good QB situation right now. Case Keenum appears to be regressing to the mean.
Outside Belichick and Payton they're all on their way to getting fired.

I'm not so sure about that. How about Mike Tomlin, Andy Reid, The Guys Who Coach the Rams and the Chargers, maybe the new Browns coach, Nagy. I think those guys are all safe mostly because they all have what appears to be a legitimate NFL QB.
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot on Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:35 pm

Andy Reid's already been fired once. How many coaches has Phillip Rivers had? Tomlin is squarely on the hot seat next season. McVay loses Saturday and if they don't go anywhere in the playoffs next year, and I will be willing to be He Gone. I also think their QB isn't that good. A lot of really good talent can make an adequate QB look real good. Ask Dak Prescott.
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks on Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:23 pm

Chuck Pagano will be the new Bears DC. IMO that's a solid hire.
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta on Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:44 am

Yes...almost all coaches have been fired or eventually get fired. Even Belichick has been fired.

My point is that there are a lot of guys who have failed as NFL head coaches mostly because they took a job for a team that was not able to establish a consistent, legitimate presence at the most important position in all of pro sports.
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4