Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bears and Trubisky

+14
Bighitter11
tm
center
Horsefeather
19delta
newcom
OSUBucks
net
Teetime
Head Idiot
ramblinman
4a(6afornet)north
dusty7
tincup1215
18 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Bears and Trubisky - Page 3 Empty Re: Bears and Trubisky

Post by ramblinman Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:34 am

Head Idiot wrote:Long was in the 1st half and looked pretty good.

Agreed. Wonder how he feels today.
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:06 pm

From Coach Nagy-
NFL COY wrote: “The biggest thing for him was going to be conditioning and getting in and out of the game. … And I liked where he was at.”

Nagy hopes Long will be in line for a heavier workload in the playoff opener.

“We’d love to be able to put him out there, start and play a whole game,” Nagy said. “We just have to see how he holds up.”
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:00 am

The other shoe dropped tonight.

Hard.

On my balls.

I think it came off Cody Parkey's foot.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:15 am

That said, I still don't dislike Cody Parkey as much as Jay Cutler.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:08 am

Head Idiot wrote:The other shoe dropped tonight.

Hard.

On my balls.

I think it came off Cody Parkey's foot.

The highs and lows of following a sports team. This game tonight was pretty damn low. The fans were booing the hell out of Parkey when he walked off the field. I feel bad for the guy.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:22 am

I feel bad too. Feel bad the 2nd coming of the 85 Bears defense couldn't get a stop when they needed to most. Overall I thought the offensive attack was very conservative. Also thought time management at end of game was bad. Should of called timeout on 1st and goal instead of letting them run 40 seconds off the clock. You know your kicker is shakey you dont let it come down to him.
Bighitter11
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by tincup1215 Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:11 pm

Parkey never should have been put in that position. Where was the defense on that last drive? Foles just gashed us over and over
tincup1215
tincup1215
King Fool
King Fool

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:33 pm

tincup1215 wrote:Parkey never should have been put in that position.  Where was the defense on that last drive?  Foles just gashed us over and over
Watching to the MSNBC Chicago, or whatever that channel is called now, post game show with Alex Brown, Briggs, Forte and Wannestadt one of them had a good point in that a lot of that over the middle stuff to the TE probably would have been negated with a healthy Eddie Jackson. His injury and the one to the Nickel Corner really came back to bite them yesterday.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:34 pm

But, if you'd have told me in August the Bears go 12-4, win the NFC North and make the post season, I think everyone single one of us would have taken that happily.

This season did at least get me a couple more shirts to wear.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Big E Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:02 pm

The 36 yard Pat O'Donnell punt that gave the ball to the Eagles on the 40 yard line helped contribute to the Eagles TD. A little better punt and who knows
Big E
Big E
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:16 pm

Big E wrote:The 36 yard Pat O'Donnell punt that gave the ball to the Eagles on the 40 yard line helped contribute to the Eagles TD.  A little better punt and who knows
Ya, there's a million questions to that game. Why did Mizell touch the ball as much as Cohen? Why so little Jordan Howard? What the hell was that 2 point conversion? Why was Jackson activated if he wasn't going to play? What the hell happened to Trey Burton? Why not move Mack around more since Peters was being shown to dominate him? Why not more shots downfield early against a seriously talent depleted Eagles secondary? Why was Nagy not Nagy calling plays?
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:32 pm

Head Idiot wrote:
tincup1215 wrote:Parkey never should have been put in that position.  Where was the defense on that last drive?  Foles just gashed us over and over
Watching to the MSNBC Chicago, or whatever that channel is called now, post game show with Alex Brown, Briggs, Forte and Wannestadt one of them had a good point in that a lot of that over the middle stuff to the TE probably would have been negated with a healthy Eddie Jackson.  His injury and the one to the Nickel Corner really came back to bite them yesterday.

I was thinking the same thing when watching. On that Eagle's scoring drive at the end there was some sloppy tackling and Jackson is a very solid open field tackler. The Eagles secondary tackled better than their Bear counterparts yesterday and that's a fact.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:34 pm

Head Idiot wrote:
Big E wrote:The 36 yard Pat O'Donnell punt that gave the ball to the Eagles on the 40 yard line helped contribute to the Eagles TD.  A little better punt and who knows
Ya, there's a million questions to that game. Why did Mizell touch the ball as much as Cohen? Why so little Jordan Howard? What the hell was that 2 point conversion? Why was Jackson activated if he wasn't going to play? What the hell happened to Trey Burton? Why not move Mack around more since Peters was being shown to dominate him? Why not more shots downfield early against a seriously talent depleted Eagles secondary? Why was Nagy not Nagy calling plays?

I was actually looking for a tackle eligible play on that 2 pointer. I was surprised by what I saw. OTOH he was only about a foot short of making it.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:34 pm

It sounds like Vic Fangio is going to be the Broncos next HC. If that happens he won’t be easy to replace.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:41 pm

OSUBucks wrote:It sounds like Vic Fangio is going to be the Broncos next HC. If that happens he won’t be easy to replace.
Bad words.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:51 pm

Yep, just when I was getting over what happened Sunday.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:52 pm

OSUBucks wrote:Yep, just when I was getting over what happened Sunday.
His success as a HC will probably entirely hinge on who he chooses to be OC.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:36 pm

Head Idiot wrote:

Doesnt sound like he got to pick. Sounds like he was so hard up to be a Head Coach that he let Elway keep his boy Kubiak aboard.
Bighitter11
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:39 pm

That's either going to work REALLY well, or will lead to him getting fired in 2 years.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:12 am

Head Idiot wrote:

Actually, I think his success will most depend on whether or not Denver can find a quarterback. There's plenty of good coaches but there are only so many quarterbacks who are good enough to be successful in the NFL. While I think the current QB situation in the NFL is better than it was just a couple years ago when there were very few good, young QBs, it is still, hands down, the single most important position for an NFL team to fill.

Long story short, Vic Fangio is a really good football coach regardless of what happens in Denver. But, whether or not he succeeds is going to be largely dependent on the front office being able to draft a legitimate NFL QB, which is something they have not been able to do in a long time. The last QB drafted by the Broncos who won a playoff game was John Elway.
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:30 am

Meh, if you play good enough defense, you can carry a mediocre QB for a 2-3 year run. To be truly great year in and out, you do need to have a great QB. The Patriots went 11-5 with Matt Castle. The Ravens won a SB with Trent Dilfer. Rex Grossman. Peyton Manning his last season. The wonders of Nick Foles. The Vikings last year.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by SIFBCoach7 Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:48 pm

19delta wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:

Actually, I think his success will most depend on whether or not Denver can find a quarterback. There's plenty of good coaches but there are only so many quarterbacks who are good enough to be successful in the NFL. While I think the current QB situation in the NFL is better than it was just a couple years ago when there were very few good, young QBs, it is still, hands down, the single most important position for an NFL team to fill.

Long story short, Vic Fangio is a really good football coach regardless of what happens in Denver. But, whether or not he succeeds is going to be largely dependent on the front office being able to draft a legitimate NFL QB, which is something they have not been able to do in a long time. The last QB drafted by the Broncos who won a playoff game was John Elway.

This handsome fella... led a comeback over the Steelers.  Wasn't that a playoff win?

Bears and Trubisky - Page 3 TT-Studio-900x675
SIFBCoach7
SIFBCoach7
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:39 am

SIFBCoach7 wrote:
19delta wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:

This handsome fella... led a comeback over the Steelers.  Wasn't that a playoff win?

Bears and Trubisky - Page 3 TT-Studio-900x675

+1 Nice call. As a Pittsburgh fan, I must have blocked that out!

And while Denver had an amazing defense that year, Tebow did make a couple big-time throws in that game.
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:46 am

Head Idiot wrote:Meh, if you play good enough defense, you can carry a mediocre QB for a 2-3 year run. To be truly great year in and out, you do need to have a great QB. The Patriots went 11-5 with Matt Castle. The Ravens won a SB with Trent Dilfer. Rex Grossman. Peyton Manning his last season. The wonders of Nick Foles. The Vikings last year.

But after that 2-3 year run, the head coach is probably on his way to getting fired unless the front office brings in a legit QB. Denver does not have a good QB situation right now. Case Keenum appears to be regressing to the mean.
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:51 am

19delta wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:Meh, if you play good enough defense, you can carry a mediocre QB for a 2-3 year run. To be truly great year in and out, you do need to have a great QB. The Patriots went 11-5 with Matt Castle. The Ravens won a SB with Trent Dilfer. Rex Grossman. Peyton Manning his last season. The wonders of Nick Foles. The Vikings last year.

But after that 2-3 year run, the head coach is probably on his way to getting fired unless the front office brings in a legit QB. Denver does not have a good QB situation right now. Case Keenum appears to be regressing to the mean.
Outside Belichick and Payton they're all on their way to getting fired.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next