Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

week 4 of the football season and nearly 2 days without a single post

+26
Pike Bishop
19delta
Bighitter11
illinipete
SIFBCoach7
Outdoors
Vanilla
net
newcom
4a(6afornet)north
wolverine55
tm
Chukam All
wilky
nw il fb observer
OldTitan
tincup1215
Horsefeather
dusty7
crusader
OSUBucks
Teetime
lefty120
Head Idiot
Bigshot85
ging
30 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

week 4 of the football season and nearly 2 days without a single post - Page 2 Empty Re: week 4 of the football season and nearly 2 days without a single post

Post by Head Idiot Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:21 am

The vacationer is back today. We did an entire chapter over the Legislative Branch while she was on vacation over 2 weeks. I did not scan and send the book or homework while she was gone. Today we are working on a review sheet for the test tomorrow. 30 mins into class she hasn't asked me for anything.

I'm interested to see how this will play out.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

week 4 of the football season and nearly 2 days without a single post - Page 2 Empty Re: week 4 of the football season and nearly 2 days without a single post

Post by Head Idiot Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:12 pm

Do you have a hard copy of the notes you can give me? I only took them one day (I give a power point copy with like 1 sentence deleted per slide- they get a grade for doing them and turning them in).

Me- no.

Ugh, that's so unfair...
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:13 pm

Head Idiot wrote:The vacationer is back today.  We did an entire chapter over the Legislative Branch while she was on vacation over 2 weeks.  I did not scan and send the book or homework while she was gone.  Today we are working on a review sheet for the test tomorrow.  30 mins into class she hasn't asked me for anything.

I'm interested to see how this will play out.
Definitely could see why that would get a -... Neutral Neutral Neutral Neutral
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:27 pm

Email we received today- Student XYZ's Family is concerned that her updating Facebook during school is a distraction to her education. They have requested for her phone to be taken away and sent to the AP Office when she is using it during the school day. They were informed of our cell phone policy.

If only there were a way for her parents to handle this situation, but hey, I'll get it.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by OldTitan Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:52 pm

Head Idiot wrote:Email we received today- Student XYZ's Family is concerned that her updating Facebook during school is a distraction to her education.  They have requested for her phone to be taken away and sent to the AP Office when she is using it during the school day.  They were informed of our cell phone policy.

If only there were a way for her parents to handle this situation, but hey, I'll get it.
What kid uses Facebook these days?
OldTitan
OldTitan
Dr. Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by nw il fb observer Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:41 pm

I'm not a teacher, but have been around them all my life. You poor people are incessantly blamed for the shortcomings of parents.

nw il fb observer
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:06 am

Today's goals-
1. Play Lottery
2. Win Lottery
3. Go on 40ish year vacation.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:28 am

nw il fb observer wrote:I'm not a teacher, but have been around them all my life. You poor people are incessantly blamed for the shortcomings of parents.
I don't even think we're blamed anymore because we're just expected to be their parents most of the time.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by wilky Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:05 pm

nw il fb observer wrote:I'm not a teacher, but have been around them all my life. You poor people are incessantly blamed for the shortcomings of parents.

not at Ridgemont high, mr hand didn't blame jeff spicolis parents for him ordering pizza, he solved that problem right there.

wilky
Dr. Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:20 pm

wilky wrote:

not at Ridgemont high, mr hand didn't blame jeff spicolis parents for him ordering pizza, he solved that problem right there.
+1, and oddly enough, had a kid ask me Tuesday if he could order pizza and have it delivered to study hall. He was really angry I said no.

But not to worry, the librarian said they could during finals. And then looked at me and frowned.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Chukam All Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:49 pm

Head Idiot wrote:
wilky wrote:

+1, and oddly enough, had a kid ask me Tuesday if he could order pizza and have it delivered to study hall.  He was really angry I said no.

But not to worry, the librarian said they could during finals.  And then looked at me and frowned.
If I give you the -1 will you pass it on the the librarian for me?
Chukam All
Chukam All
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:14 pm

OldTitan wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:Email we received today- Student XYZ's Family is concerned that her updating Facebook during school is a distraction to her education.  They have requested for her phone to be taken away and sent to the AP Office when she is using it during the school day.  They were informed of our cell phone policy.

What kid uses Facebook these days?
Apparently Facebook is still big with kids in Lincoln. I've heard it referenced at least a dozen times today.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:14 pm

Chukam All wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:
wilky wrote:

+1, and oddly enough, had a kid ask me Tuesday if he could order pizza and have it delivered to study hall.  He was really angry I said no.

But not to worry, the librarian said they could during finals.  And then looked at me and frowned.
If I give you the -1 will you pass it on the the librarian for me?
I'd like to pass a slap to the head on...
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by tm Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:22 am

I admit I'm a fairly casual follower of HS football. (Basically keep up on Sterling and the couple hometown teams where I live now).

Looking at the schedule for this week, real possibility that Morris, Geneseo and Rochelle all miss the playoffs. That has to be pretty damn rare.
tm
tm
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:11 pm

How do we live in a society that reconcile the growing idea that 16 year olds should be allowed to vote, yet HS seniors need to be prompted up to 2 times to do classwork? Like, you know, the other 13 years they've been in school at that point?
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:57 am

Well, it happened today- Someone in class asked me if I was excited for the start of basketball season...

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by ging Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:41 am

Head Idiot wrote:Well, it happened today- Someone in class asked me if I was excited for the start of basketball season...

you're in lincoln, right? as basketball crazy as that place is, i'm surprised it took this long!
ging
ging
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:27 pm

ging wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:Well, it happened today- Someone in class asked me if I was excited for the start of basketball season...

you're in lincoln, right?  as basketball crazy as that place is, i'm surprised it took this long!
I was surprised too. My experience here has certainly been interesting as this is probably the first true "basketball first" type school I've worked at.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:40 am

For some extremely strange reason, tucking your sweatpants into your socks is a thing here. Really odd.

http://whslionspride.com/2018/03/sweats-tucked-into-socks-a-fashion-trend-at-whs/
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by ging Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:08 pm

Head Idiot wrote:For some extremely strange reason, tucking your sweatpants into your socks is a thing here.  Really odd.

http://whslionspride.com/2018/03/sweats-tucked-into-socks-a-fashion-trend-at-whs/

everything old is new again. we did this back in 1986. don't know why. likely to be "different".
ging
ging
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:28 pm

ging wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:For some extremely strange reason, tucking your sweatpants into your socks is a thing here.  Really odd.

everything old is new again.  we did this back in 1986.  don't know why.  likely to be "different".
I'd never seen that in my life before Monday.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:55 pm

Apparently, according to the kid I asked, the sweatpants thing is to "help wrestlers cut weight during the day".

Odd, that as a 10 year wrestler and a coach of the sport for 7 years, this is the first I've heard of this phenomenon.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by ging Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:48 am

Head Idiot wrote:Apparently, according to the kid I asked, the sweatpants thing is to "help wrestlers cut weight during the day".

Odd, that as a 10 year wrestler and a coach of the sport for 7 years, this is the first I've heard of this phenomenon.  

i've heard of that...from the article you linked: "Where did this come from? Why are students doing this? Senior Chase Tyeryar had the answers, “It really started because of wrestling. The wrestlers would tuck their sweatpants into their socks so that they can sweat more and drop weight.” He continued with, “I guess the trend spread from there.”
ging
ging
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:56 am

It amazes me that stuff like that still exists in 2018.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:24 pm

Past three days we've been working on an informational pamphlet project over a Cabinet department of their choosing. Project is due today.

Mr Idiot can you help me find my project, I don't know where I saved it.

What did you save it as?

I don't know.

Do you know if you saved it to the computer or under your profile?

I don't know.

Well then, I can't help you.

But, you're an adult.

Yes, but I'm not a magician.

Well, thanks for nothing I guess.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next