week 4 of the football season and nearly 2 days without a single post

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

week 4 of the football season and nearly 2 days without a single post - Page 7 Empty Re: week 4 of the football season and nearly 2 days without a single post

Post by Head Idiot on Fri May 17, 2019 9:25 am

Is there anything dumber in education than cheerleading team teacher evaluations?

I mean, dear cheerleading "coach"- just put who you want on the team and own up to it. If someone complains who made the team, just tell them you're the "coach" and it's your call. Quit trying to shift blame onto others. Wanna be treated equally to other coaches? Act like one.

Rant over.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

week 4 of the football season and nearly 2 days without a single post - Page 7 Empty Re: week 4 of the football season and nearly 2 days without a single post

Post by Pike Bishop on Fri May 17, 2019 10:45 am

Head Idiot wrote:Is there anything dumber in education than cheerleading team teacher evaluations?

I mean, dear cheerleading "coach"- just put who you want on the team and own up to it.  If someone complains who made the team, just tell them you're the "coach" and it's your call.  Quit trying to shift blame onto others.  Wanna be treated equally to other coaches?  Act like one.

Rant over.

+1
Every year cheerleading coaches give kids trying out a multi-page character evaluation they want the teachers to fill out.
One year they had a girl who tried out who's character, pretty much all phases of her life were suspect. The teachers on our team put our reservations down. She made the team any way, created problems and controversy. When the "coach" whined about her problem child no one had any sympathy for her. I haven't filled out a cheerleading evaluation form since.

Pike Bishop
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Pike Bishop on Fri May 17, 2019 10:49 am

Head Idiot wrote:
wolverine55 wrote:Since this thread has sort of morphed into a discussion on schools in general, I thought I would share this.  Not to sound like the "Get off my yard" old man, but I absolutely do not understand the fashion decisions of today's youth.  90 degrees yesterday, the air conditioning system in our school is crap...and I saw more hoodies and jackets worn yesterday than any other day of the school year.
And yet, I bet they wore shorts and t-shirts when it was 10 below.  

Cold, snowy days - T-shirts, shorts, sandals, flip-flops and no coats
Hot days - the two-piece nylon wind suits (track warm-ups), hoodies
Then they would bitch about the weather they did not properly dress for.

Pike Bishop
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by lefty120 on Fri May 17, 2019 11:17 am

Fill these out every year. This year I filled one out for a girl who will be a senior which I had in history this year. At the time of try outs, she was failing my class, two others, and had missed 31 days of school. She’s a complete b###, but she made it. It’ll never change. Dance team coaches daughter has missed the last 3 weeks of school for some bull crap illness, but guess who was at try outs last night...ding, ding, ding...her daughter. SMH...nothing surprises me anymore.

lefty120
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot on Fri May 17, 2019 3:04 pm

I don't know if we've broached this subject on here before, but in this age of Title IX equality, and ending misogyny, and down with the patriarchy- HOW IN THE \"f\"ing IS CHEER LEADING STILL A THING?
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by mc140 on Fri May 17, 2019 11:13 pm

Head Idiot wrote:I don't know if we've broached this subject on here before, but in this age of Title IX equality, and ending misogyny, and down with the patriarchy- HOW IN THE \"f\"ing IS CHEER LEADING STILL A THING?

Our cheerleaders rarely go to basketball games. They spend all their time practicing for their competitions.

mc140
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by ging on Mon May 20, 2019 12:34 pm

mc140 wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:I don't know if we've broached this subject on here before, but in this age of Title IX equality, and ending misogyny, and down with the patriarchy- HOW IN THE \"f\"ing IS CHEER LEADING STILL A THING?

Our cheerleaders rarely go to basketball games. They spend all their time practicing for their competitions.

when i was an assistant basketball coach in the early 2000s, during one season our varsity cheerleaders rarely traveled to road games and missed some home games too.  as such, and at my urging, our varsity coach did not invite them to the year-end banquet.  i remember there being a little bit of a stink raised by their advisor and/or parents, but he stuck to his guns and the admins backed him up.
ging
ging
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Pike Bishop on Mon May 20, 2019 4:10 pm

ging wrote:
mc140 wrote:

when i was an assistant basketball coach in the early 2000s, during one season our varsity cheerleaders rarely traveled to road games and missed some home games too.  as such, and at my urging, our varsity coach did not invite them to the year-end banquet.  i remember there being a little bit of a stink raised by their advisor and/or parents, but he stuck to his guns and the admins backed him up.

My first coaching job, the cheerleading coach didn't want to travel to JV football games because doing JV and varsity games was too much for her. The principal said that the cheerleaders would ride the team bus and the JV coaches (me) would be responsible for them. Wan we told him we went to frosh/JV/V games each week Why shouldn't she have to?
No answer. When we asked if we would get part of her stipend - no answer. We asked how could we watch them when we were preparing for and coaching the game and they went off site to get something to eat? The principal ended up going away games to chaperone them.

Pike Bishop
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot on Tue May 21, 2019 9:21 am

Just had a girl ask me why she got a zero on an assignment. I said it's because you never shared it with me and never turned in a paper copy.

It was due March 29th. She's had a zero in the grade book since April 1st when I graded them.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Huck on Thu May 23, 2019 9:34 am

I have a student I haven't seen since January.  She has literally turned in nothing.  Her guidance counselor has been talking to her and her mother for months trying to get her back to class.  She won't come.  Her mother is now insisting that she has been turning work in to me and should have a grade for the class instead of the very accurate 0% she has now.
Huck
Huck
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime on Thu May 23, 2019 2:20 pm

Maybe your dog is eating her homework?

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7