Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

week 4 of the football season and nearly 2 days without a single post

+26
Pike Bishop
19delta
Bighitter11
illinipete
SIFBCoach7
Outdoors
Vanilla
net
newcom
4a(6afornet)north
wolverine55
tm
Chukam All
wilky
nw il fb observer
OldTitan
tincup1215
Horsefeather
dusty7
crusader
OSUBucks
Teetime
lefty120
Head Idiot
Bigshot85
ging
30 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

week 4 of the football season and nearly 2 days without a single post - Page 6 Empty Re: week 4 of the football season and nearly 2 days without a single post

Post by Pike Bishop Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:02 pm

Head Idiot wrote:Today before a school a girl walks into my room with a skirt on.  Female teacher goes "That seems a little short don't you think?"  I don't know, I didn't really see it.  Are you going to send her to the office for a possible dress code violation?  HELLLLL NO.  That is not a hill I'm dying on.  She looks at me and says that's kind of your job isn't it?

Nope.  It is not my job to tell HS girls what they should and shouldn't wear.  What is the upside in it?  I could write for days about the downsides for my future and career (whatever that may be), but what is the benefit of it to me?  Is it worth pissing everyone off for 2 inches?  Is it worth becoming a viral sensation?  Nope.

If you feel so strongly about it, you send her down.

I stopped enforcing dress code song and dance, especially with girls. I would send a kid down with a dress code referral (sagging pants, pants with holes, you name it),nothing was done. It was a waste of my time. A kid walks around all day and the administrators and security we had in the building,are not going to enforce it, why should when the kid walks into my class. In PE, we just gave them a -1. One year at SHS, they made a big deal of kids having their school ID on a lanyard and visible. WE dad a dean who was a stickler for this. Girls would wear low cut tops that expose a lot of cleavage and would place their ID between their cleavage. He stopped checking for their ID's.

Pike Bishop
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

week 4 of the football season and nearly 2 days without a single post - Page 6 Empty Re: week 4 of the football season and nearly 2 days without a single post

Post by Head Idiot Fri May 03, 2019 10:16 am

A conversation with a kid today made me realize this fact- In 18 years of full time teaching, I've worked for 11 different principals.

Tower Hill- 2 years, 2 principals
Shelbyville- 3 years, 2 principals
Rantoul- 1 year, 1 principal
Clinton- 3 years, 1 principal
Cerro Gordo- 7 years, 3 principals (and they were going on 4 when I left)
Sullivan- 1 year, 1 principal
Lincoln- 1 year, 1 principal

That isn't normal is it?
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by wolverine55 Fri May 03, 2019 10:51 am

I'll only count my fulltime experience here, but:

Jacksonville: 3 years and 1 principal
Mt. Vernon: 1 year and 1 principal (although their setup was weird. The Superintendent was actually my direct supervisor)
Mendon Unity: 2 years, 1 principal
Hamilton: 3 years, 1 principal
Keokuk, IA: 6 years, 2 principals

Although, we actually do have a decent amount of administrative turnover here in Keokuk. There are elementary and middle school teachers who would be on there 3rd or 4th principal just within the same six years I've been employed here.
wolverine55
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Horsefeather Fri May 03, 2019 11:22 am

26 years. All at Morris.

5 superintendents: That's including the interim superintendent that hired me in June and was done in July before I started my first year of teaching, as well as the superintendent we hired last year that resigned at end of first semester... will have a new one next year.

3 principals: This includes the principal that moved up from principal to superintendent after one year, so essentially I've had 2 principals in 26 years. Will have a new one next year as well.
Horsefeather
Horsefeather
Bee-otch

http://djsautosandcards.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Fri May 03, 2019 11:28 am

Horsefeather wrote:26 years.  All at Morris.  

5 superintendents:  That's including the interim superintendent that hired me in June and was done in July before I started my first year of teaching, as well as the superintendent we hired last year that resigned at end of first semester... will have a new one next year.

3 principals:  This includes the principal that moved up from principal to superintendent after one year, so essentially I've had 2 principals in 26 years.  Will have a new one next year as well.
Wow. That's impressive on many different levels.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by wolverine55 Fri May 03, 2019 11:42 am

That is some nice stability at Morris, even throwing the couple of exceptions into the mix. To go with my above post, our middle school is getting a new principal for next school year. That'll be the fourth different MS principal in just my 7 years of working for the district...
wolverine55
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by ging Fri May 03, 2019 1:54 pm

somewhere there's an admin forum where guys are posting about the number of football coaches they've had over the years.

ging
ging
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Fri May 03, 2019 2:03 pm

ging wrote:somewhere there's an admin forum where guys are posting about the number of football coaches they've had over the years.

+1

I can tell you that if we could have kept the 1st guy I worked for at CG (he retired), probably even the second one, I never would have left.  Same could be said for the 1st guy at Shelbyville.

Interestingly, I've never worked for a female principal.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by wolverine55 Fri May 03, 2019 2:54 pm

Jacksonville, Mt. Vernon, and Keokuk are big enough for assistant principals. I too have never worked for a female principal, but the majority of the assistant principals I've worked for have been female.
wolverine55
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 Fri May 03, 2019 4:48 pm

ging wrote:somewhere there's an admin forum where guys are posting about the number of football coaches they've had over the years.

That would be easy for ours 1. Was talking to our HC about all the Turnover we have had in a number of sports since he has been here (1998)

Football - 1
Boys Basketball - 6
Girls Basketball - 5
Wrestling - Id say atleast 5 or 6 if not more though our Current HC has been in place since 2007 or 2008
Baseball - 6
Softball - 7
Volleyball - 9 Including someone twice
Bighitter11
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Horsefeather Sun May 05, 2019 1:54 pm

We've been very blessed to have the stability we've had in our administration.

I'll also throw in I've had 3 AD's total.
Horsefeather
Horsefeather
Bee-otch

http://djsautosandcards.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by center Sun May 05, 2019 7:05 pm

23 years-10 principals (2 schools)

8 superintendents-only 2 the last 12 years though. You can do the math for the first part.

4 AD’s. (Most stable admin in my career)

center
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Mon May 06, 2019 11:12 am

center wrote:
4 AD’s. (Most stable admin in my career)
That's impressive. We had 3 in 4 years at CG.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Mon May 06, 2019 11:31 am

School #1 - 7 Years
Superintendents - 4
Principals - 3
Asst Principal/AD - 1

School #2 - 3 Years
Superintendents - 1
Principals - 1
Asst Principal/AD - 1
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by net Mon May 06, 2019 11:36 am

triopia-1 principal-1 year.
meredosia-1 principal-2 years.
girard-1 principal-2 years.
springfield franklin-2 principals-10 years.
springfield jefferson-5 principals-11 years.
springfield grant-2 principals-4 years.
net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by tito-landrum Mon May 06, 2019 12:50 pm

Nokomis- Since 1980 (39) years
Superintendents- 4
Principal's-5
AD's-3
Boys Basketball -1
Girls Basketball -4
Football -3
Volleyball -3
Baseball -2
Softball -4
I had never thought of this before, but I believe that's pretty good.
tito-landrum
tito-landrum
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Mon May 06, 2019 1:32 pm

Other sports- 18 years (and sports I coached- not counting me when I was the HC of them)

Football- 4
Wrestling- 5
Track- 6
Basketball- 10
Baseball- 8

I don't have a count for girls sports.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 Mon May 06, 2019 3:30 pm

tito-landrum wrote:Nokomis- Since 1980 (39) years
Superintendents- 4
Principal's-5
AD's-3
Boys Basketball -1
Girls Basketball -4
Football -3
Volleyball -3
Baseball -2
Softball -4
I had never thought of this before, but I believe that's pretty good.

I would say that is pretty good stability for that long. Obviously, you can see that people who coach there stay around for whatever reason. Certain schools seem to be stepping stones or quick stops for many people. Such as, here in the Kankakee area, most people have the goal of working north of I-80, so some places see lots of turnover for people finding jobs up north.

My previous school, by my count, in my 7 years there were 20+ teachers leave, and not a single retirement. Most were either rif'd or left for better opportunities. Currently, in my 3rd year we have only lost 1 teacher to another district but several have taken other opportunities within the district.
dusty7
dusty7
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 Tue May 07, 2019 9:03 am

Bighitter11 wrote:

That would be easy for ours 1.  Was talking to our HC about all the Turnover we have had in a number of sports since he has been here (1998)

Football - 1
Boys Basketball - 6
Girls Basketball - 5
Wrestling - Id say atleast 5 or 6 if not more though our Current HC has been in place since 2007 or 2008
Baseball - 6
Softball - 7
Volleyball - 9 Including someone twice

Update - Our New Volleyball Coach has resigned within a week of his hire

That would be easy for ours 1.  Was talking to our HC about all the Turnover we have had in a number of sports since he has been here (1998)

Football - 1
Boys Basketball - 6
Girls Basketball - 5
Baseball - 6
Softball - 7
Volleyball - 10 Including someone twice
Bighitter11
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Tue May 07, 2019 9:14 am

Head Idiot wrote:Other sports- 18 years (and sports I coached- not counting me when I was the HC of them)

Football- 4
Wrestling- 5
Track- 6
Basketball- 10
Baseball- 8

I don't have a count for girls sports.
Add another basketball coach to this list. I forgot the guy who took the job at CG and left after 2 weeks because he went to Taylorville.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by newcom Tue May 07, 2019 10:54 am

Newman (28 Years Coaching - 3 years Administrator)
Ad's 1
Football 1 (New one Next year)
Principals: 6 (Last 2 Women who I have worked for only)
Wrestling: 4
Track Boy's 1 - Girls 3
Volleyball 3
Girls Basketball 8??
Boys basketball 7-8 (Most recent has been here 5 years and is looking to stay.)

newcom
newcom
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by ging Tue May 07, 2019 1:57 pm

newcom wrote:Newman (28 Years Coaching  - 3 years Administrator)

Boys basketball 7-8 (Most recent has been here 5 years and is looking to stay.)

ray's been there longer than 5 years, hasn't he? didn't he start his 2nd stint coaching there in late 2000s?
ging
ging
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by wolverine55 Thu May 09, 2019 9:38 am

Only two of my 8 students first hour showed up today. So, we just sat around talking and my football past came up and something just now dawned on me. I only played 6 years of football as my high school didn't get the sport until my junior year...and I had six different OL coaches in the six years of playing.
wolverine55
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by wolverine55 Fri May 17, 2019 8:26 am

Since this thread has sort of morphed into a discussion on schools in general, I thought I would share this. Not to sound like the "Get off my yard" old man, but I absolutely do not understand the fashion decisions of today's youth. 90 degrees yesterday, the air conditioning system in our school is crap...and I saw more hoodies and jackets worn yesterday than any other day of the school year.
wolverine55
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Fri May 17, 2019 9:12 am

wolverine55 wrote:Since this thread has sort of morphed into a discussion on schools in general, I thought I would share this.  Not to sound like the "Get off my yard" old man, but I absolutely do not understand the fashion decisions of today's youth.  90 degrees yesterday, the air conditioning system in our school is crap...and I saw more hoodies and jackets worn yesterday than any other day of the school year.
And yet, I bet they wore shorts and t-shirts when it was 10 below.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next