Turk's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

rockford boylan

+3
Head Idiot
ramblinman
wilky
7 posters

Go down

rockford boylan Empty rockford boylan

Post by wilky Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:25 am

Why have they dropped so much. Is their enrollment down that much? their last trophy was in 2011 (won 7a), so I cant imagine last years 6a enrollment was any kind of success factor.

wilky
Dr. Douche

Back to top Go down

rockford boylan Empty Re: rockford boylan

Post by ramblinman Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:47 am

wilky wrote:Why have they dropped so much. Is their enrollment down that much? their last trophy was in 2011 (won 7a), so I cant imagine last years 6a enrollment was any kind of success factor.

Since 2011, their unmultiplied enrollment has fallen 28%. They haven't won a first round playoff game in the past four years, so the multiplier waiver goes into effect for them this year.
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by wilky Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:03 am

my understanding is there is a multiplier and a success factor correct? I havent kept up on it like I used to.

so there is schools that are multiplied by 1.65 but if they still have state results they get "successed up" class or classes, but when a previously multiplied school doesn't have either of those, after a period of time they go to their actual enrollment? is that a proper explanation of whats occurring here?

So Rockford never had a success factor in place, their 1.65 multiplier has dropped off, and now they are being classified based on their actual enrollment, which has dropped 28%?

wilky
Dr. Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:21 pm

I would wager their HC who left and took a few assistants with him has as much to do with it as anything else.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by #35 Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:11 pm

Private school enrollment is down almost across the board, and so are enrollments at any Rockford high school. Rockford economy isn't what it used to be.

Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by crusader Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:55 am

Boyland is an unfortunate name for a Catholic school.
crusader
crusader
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by center Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:33 pm

I think they are supposed to be decent this year.

Factors:

Lost a truly great coach and some of his staff. Dan Appino is a difference maker.

Enrollment has been a factor. A few Rockford private schools are fighting to stay open. Boylan has lost a lot of enrollment in the last few years.

New coach added a lot of off season commitment (using all 25 days) and lost several kids over the years that way. I have heard they cut way back this year though.

The rise of Rockford public school sports. Appino left for Auburn and kept some of those kids around. Guilford is a decent program and now has the Forreston coach in charge. East used to be a one win team and now made the playoffs and has talent.

Rockford Lutheran. Not so much now but previous years. James Robinson a decade ago was a Boylan kid probably. This decade he goes to Lutheran and others are attracted. An awful program becomes a powerhouse.

center
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:59 pm

wilky wrote:my understanding is there is a multiplier and a success factor correct? I havent kept up on it like I used to.

so there is schools that are multiplied by 1.65 but if they still have state results they get "successed up" class or classes, but when a previously multiplied school doesn't have either of those, after a period of time they go to their actual enrollment? is that a proper explanation of whats occurring here?

So Rockford never had a success factor in place, their 1.65 multiplier has dropped off, and now they are being classified based on their actual enrollment, which has dropped 28%?

Basically, yes. That period of time for the multiplier waiver is four years. Once a non-boundaried school wins a first round playoff game, they are multiplied for the next four years. Conceivably, such a school could go 1-1 in the playoffs one year, not qualify for the playoffs for following three years, and then go 1-1 in the playoffs in that fourth year, and still be multiplied for the following four years.

Rolling Eyes
ramblinman
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by net Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:52 pm

ramblinman wrote:
wilky wrote:my understanding is there is a multiplier and a success factor correct? I havent kept up on it like I used to.

Basically, yes.  That period of time for the multiplier waiver is four years.  Once a non-boundaried school wins a first round playoff game, they are multiplied for the next four years.  Conceivably, such a school could go 1-1 in the playoffs one year, not qualify for the playoffs for following three years, and then go 1-1 in the playoffs in that fourth year, and still be multiplied for the following four years.

Rolling Eyes

gotta love the ih$a nazis. Rolling Eyes
net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:09 am

I saw today that Boylan is ranked #4 this week.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down