GCN Training Videos

Go down

GCN Training Videos

Post by niewi 24 on Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:55 am

Anyone else work in a district that utilizes these videos? I am becoming ever more frustrated with the amount of videos they want us to watch. It used to be six. Last year it went to nine. This year it has jumped to 17. And many of these are the same exact videos from the percious years. Frustrating, needless to say.
niewi 24
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Re: GCN Training Videos

Post by Head Idiot on Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:17 am

niewi 24 wrote:Anyone else work in a district that utilizes these videos? I am becoming ever more frustrated with the amount of videos they want us to watch. It used to be six. Last year it went to nine. This year it has jumped to 17. And many of these are the same exact videos from the percious years. Frustrating, needless to say.
We had them at CG. Stupidest things ever. I contemplated copying the certificate you get after watching them all and just handing in the same one every year. I would bet $1000 no one would notice. It's entirely a CYA, paperwork move.
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by center on Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:38 am

Our district does the same videos and we hate them.

I don’t think it still works but if you watched the videos on your phone a couple of years ago you could slide the bottom thing and fly through each slide until you got to the quiz.

I think GCN caught the glitch but we are working to find another.

center
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Big E on Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:08 am

We have them...There is an app I heard that automatically moves it to the next slide
Big E
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot on Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:10 am

center wrote:Our district does the same videos and we hate them.

I don’t think it still works but if you watched the videos on your phone a couple of years ago you could slide the bottom thing and fly through each slide until you got to the quiz.

I think GCN caught the glitch but we are working to find another.
Oh, you mean the quiz you don't have to pass to get credit for the video? Laughing Laughing
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 on Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:34 am

I have to watch 7 and I don't even teach. I think our teachers have like 26 to watch
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot on Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:04 pm

And they wonder why there's a teacher shortage?

Hey, let's add 10 hours to your life with no compensation so that when someone complains about something we can cover our asses by holding up a meaningless certificate to prove it's not our fault!!
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by wolverine55 on Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:46 pm

I have no idea what these are but I hope they don’t cross the border into Iowa...
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime on Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:37 pm

Head Idiot could use some sensitivity training. Any of those videos cover that?

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pike Bishop on Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:05 pm

Head Idiot wrote:And they wonder why there's a teacher shortage?

Hey, let's add 10 hours to your life with no compensation so that when someone complains about something we can cover our asses by holding up a meaningless certificate to prove it's not our fault!!

It got to the point where we would skip the presentation and go straight to the test. If we did not pass the test the first time, we would immediately re-take it until we got a passing %. We were worse than the deadbeats who do nothing for 3 or 3 1/2 years, enroll in the A+ computer classes, to get enough credits in one semester to graduate.

Pike Bishop
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by center on Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:22 pm

Pike Bishop wrote:

It got to the point where we would skip the presentation and go straight to the test. If we did not pass the test the first time, we would immediately re-take it until we got a passing %. We were worse than the deadbeats who do nothing for 3 or 3 1/2 years,  enroll in the A+ computer classes, to get enough credits in one semester to graduate.

Problem is that GCN is set up so you have to go through all the slides to get to quiz.

center
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by tincup1215 on Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:51 pm

Usually I forget to do these until a week before they’re due, but thanks to this thread I completed all 11 modules today while watching the Cubs and Ready Player One
tincup1215
King Fool
King Fool

Back to top Go down

Post by niewi 24 on Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:13 pm

tincup1215 wrote:Usually I forget to do these until a week before they’re due, but thanks to this thread I completed all 11 modules today while watching the Cubs and Ready Player One

You’re welcome.
niewi 24
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by net on Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:09 am

what's gcn? i have training videos to do every year. i have 6 due by december. then concussion protocol and blood borne pathogens because i'm head track coach.

at shg i have concussion, blood borne and dcfs tests.

so it looks like i have 11 total.
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by net on Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:11 am

center wrote:
Pike Bishop wrote:

It got to the point where we would skip the presentation and go straight to the test. If we did not pass the test the first time, we would immediately re-take it until we got a passing %. We were worse than the deadbeats who do nothing for 3 or 3 1/2 years,  enroll in the A+ computer classes, to get enough credits in one semester to graduate.

Problem is that GCN is set up so you have to go through all the slides to get to quiz.

i'm like you, pike, went straight to the tests.
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Horsefeather on Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:11 pm

net wrote:what's gcn? i have training videos to do every year. i have 6 due by december. then  concussion protocol and blood borne pathogens because i'm head track coach.

at shg i have concussion, blood borne and dcfs tests.

so it looks like i have 11 total.

We do them through ELN here at MCHS. I had 17 to do, which I usually forget about. Whipped through them a couple days ago. Smartest thing Ive ever done is get them done before the year starts.

ELN sends our principal a list of what we do/don't do.
Horsefeather
Bee-otch

http://djsautosandcards.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down