Urban Meyer- he gone!!

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Urban Meyer- he gone!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Urban Meyer- he gone!!

Post by OSUBucks on Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:10 pm

Not surprised at all by this. I was told last week that one group was pushing for 2 game suspension and another group for 4 games. Looks like 3 was the compromise. Meyer wont miss any B1G games but he will miss a tough road game week 3 against TCU. With their coaching staff they are in very capable hands.
I'm looking for an angry football team that will rally around their coach this season. Breaking down their prospects for the season I think a lot of it will come down to the O Line. If they are merely pretty good it might not be enough to win the B1G as the Eastern Division is very strong this year, the best Division in college football IMO. If they are good they should win the Conference and if they're great they have a good shot at the National Championship. Defensively it's the LB group that I'm most concerned about. They will be very athletic but not much experience. The rest of the position groups are stacked. I'm ready for football!
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by ging on Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:14 am

OSUBucks wrote:Meyer wont miss any B1G games

*cough* rutgers *cough*
ging
ging
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks on Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:43 am

ging wrote:

*cough* rutgers *cough*

Truth, I missed that one.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by ging on Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:34 pm

OSUBucks wrote:
ging wrote:

*cough* rutgers *cough*

Truth, I missed that one.

understandable, because rutgers
ging
ging
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot on Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:03 am

Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by net on Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:22 am

net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot on Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:57 am

I had seen someone speculating at the beginning of the year that this was the only way he was allowed to coach this year was if he left at the end.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by newcom on Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:20 pm

Buh Bye!
newcom
newcom
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by net on Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:38 pm

Head Idiot wrote:
I had seen someone speculating at the beginning of the year that this was the only way he was allowed to coach this year was if he left at the end.

not sure about that, but scoop said sunday that he had one year left.
net
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks on Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:32 pm

I told my nephew, who is a big Buckeye fan, (I had an early influence on him) last month to be prepared for some bad news as it sounded like this was his last year. There were some rumblings the past two weeks that he might try to give it another year. He still wanted to coach but just wasn't physically able to handle the rigors of running a major college football program.
Sometime post season he is expected to have surgery to drain fluid from that cyst on his brain. A person's health is the most important thing, not football.
He still might have an office at OSU and be involved with the program in some capacity. Having lost nine games in seven years he will be a tough act to follow. This is Ryan Day's first HC job. Kind of crazy when you think about it. He will do well there, after all it is Ohio State but whether he can equal Meyer's record there we'll have to wait and see. I was impressed by some of the things I saw from him as the OC and QB coach. I saw NFL concepts in the passing game which I'd never seen before. Haskins likely being a one and done will be a blow but other than that the cupboard will be very well stocked and Day will have a lot of talent to work with.
Meyer was a rock star and was about as good as it gets as a recruiter. The question will be how much of a drop off will there be post Meyer.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot on Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:00 pm

OSUBucks wrote:He still wanted to coach but just wasn't physically able to handle the rigors of running a major college football program.
The same thing was said after Florida.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks on Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:18 pm

Head Idiot wrote:
OSUBucks wrote:He still wanted to coach but just wasn't physically able to handle the rigors of running a major college football program.

You are free to believe what you want. All I'm doing is providing facts as I know them. During the Zach Smith nonsense late this Summer I posted items that I heard and everything I forwarded was pretty much spot on. I continue to have faith in my sources.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by newcom on Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:28 pm

He is one of the slimiest coaches in the history of college football.
Give him a few years he will be back, probbal in e SEC.
newcom
newcom
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot on Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:21 pm

OSUBucks wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:

You are free to believe what you want. All I'm doing is providing facts as I know them. During the Zach Smith nonsense late this Summer I posted items that I heard and everything I forwarded was pretty much spot on. I continue to have faith in my sources.
I'm not saying I'm doubting you, I'm doubting Meyer as I've heard this song and dance before.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by OSUBucks on Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:14 pm

Head Idiot wrote:
OSUBucks wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:

I'm not saying I'm doubting you, I'm doubting Meyer as I've heard this song and dance before.

OK, I get what you're saying. He commented about a year ago that he thought OSU would be his final destination. He's an Ohio guy and OSU is home to him. Who's to say that in a couple years from now he's feeling much better and gets the coaching bug again. A lot of folks are saying that they think that he will do just that. He's 54 which isn't that old. He's more than 10 years younger than Saban. The health issues are real though. He's got plenty of money and is walking away from a lot of money had he coached to the end of his contract which I believe was 2022. He's got grand kids now and might just want to kick back and spend as much time as possible with them. We will see what happens.
OSUBucks
OSUBucks
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta on Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:26 am

OSUBucks wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:

Why do you feel the need to defend Meyer? Why do you care so much?
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum