Anything Interesting About Your Upcoming Season?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Anything Interesting About Your Upcoming Season?

Post by crusader on Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:16 am

Does anyone want to talk about football?
crusader
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Re: Anything Interesting About Your Upcoming Season?

Post by ramblinman on Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:27 pm

crusader wrote:Does anyone want to talk about football?

What?
ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by crusader on Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:51 pm

I see Rochester is playing the same lames (aside from SHG) again.
crusader
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by crusader on Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:59 pm

Where do Rochester players come from?

Using MaxPreps data, I took the rosters from 2015-2018 and sorted. EXCLUDING players demarked as freshmen - and there are many - I see there are 21 kids new to the roster. Note also there are 12 freshmen demarked as such on the 2018 roster.

Some very well might be freshmen, but it raised my eyebrows.
crusader
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot on Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:04 pm

crusader wrote:I see Rochester is playing the same lames (aside from SHG) again.
It's their conference.

Besides, what's it matter who they play in season? Doesn't keep them from whoopin that 4A ass in the postseason.
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot on Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:06 pm

crusader wrote:Where do Rochester players come from?

Using MaxPreps data, I took the rosters from 2015-2018 and sorted. EXCLUDING players demarked as freshmen - and there are many - I see there are 21 kids new to the roster. Note also there are 12 freshmen demarked as such on the 2018 roster.

Wait, a Althoff guy is complaining about Rochester recruiting or getting move ins?

PS- bored today?
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot on Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:08 pm

On a note about my actual season, I have made it my goal to hopefully be able to give a detailed scouting report on all the featured sandwiches of the Apollo Conference after this upcoming year.
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by crusader on Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:11 pm

Head Idiot wrote:
crusader wrote:Where do Rochester players come from?

Wait, a Althoff guy is complaining about Rochester recruiting or getting move ins?

PS- bored today?
I'm "boycotting" work a little bit today. Had a toilet overflow ... had to go home and change out of my suit for cleaning gear. Nuked the ONE BATHROOM here with a gallon of bleach and I had a staff member complain she has a headache ... so I sent her home with pay. Rooter Man tells me the line was plugged with used plugs ... girly products.

So I'm "effin off" today.
crusader
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by crusader on Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:12 pm

UNtil a 2:00 PM webinar I'm hosting, at least.
crusader
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by dusty7 on Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:12 pm

Replacing 16 of 22 starters. Had a good summer camp but still a lot of question marks.

Open up with 3 very tough games (@ Manteno, vs. Coal City, @Lisle). The challenge should prepare us well for the rest of the season.

Get to see some new competition we haven't seen in a few years (Herscher, Streator and @ Plano)
dusty7
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 on Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:36 pm

Return starters at just 3 positions.

Edit - Tuesday night we lost our returning DT. He quit after lasting just 5 minutes of camp until he was on the ground just exhausted. I have no idea how he works on the farm all day long in weather much hotter than that and survives.

So leaves us with just a 2 way returning starter who is in the dog house defensively and been replaced by his brother a sophomore.
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by tito-landrum on Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:48 pm

Without our top RB and QB because they got caught stealing a goat and trading it for a sheep. Bet you have never had that happen in your program.
tito-landrum
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by OldTitan on Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:52 pm

We are a bit of a mystery. If we stay injury free we should be competitive. Most of our skills are back. Got some good kids upfront, but they have been lifting at a gym outside the program so that has hurt our off-season chemistry. Hopefully it will all come together in August. Camps have been decent at least.
OldTitan
Dr. Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by mc140 on Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:23 pm

I had 26 different Sophomores appear this summer but never more than 15 at once and typically 8-10 a day. I do not have a QB and had 11 kids who played last year as Frosh in summer school both sessions. I'm not liking our chances playing week one. Also, my best lineman went to register yesterday and was told he has to go to another school in our district now because his mom moved.

mc140
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta on Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:31 pm

I'm wondering if we will have a game Week 9. The team we are scheduled to play has already committed to playing 8-man next year due to low numbers. What I'm thinking is that they might pull the plug on the season early if they have injuries or too many embarrassing losses.

Good news is our numbers are way up. We did play frosh-soph games last year but only because we dropped down a couple juniors. This year, we will have a true frosh-soph team and all of our varsity starters will be juniors and seniors. We haven't had that around here in a long time.
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta on Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:33 pm

OldTitan wrote:We are a bit of a mystery. If we stay injury free we should be competitive. Most of our skills are back. Got some good kids upfront, but they have been lifting at a gym outside the program so that has hurt our off-season chemistry. Hopefully it will all come together in August. Camps have been decent at least.

Care to elaborate?
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta on Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:35 pm

tito-landrum wrote:Without our top RB and QB because they got caught stealing a goat and trading it for a sheep. Bet you have never had that happen in your program.

Interesting. Why not just steal the sheep in the first place and cut out the middleman? Laughing
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot on Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:57 pm

Bighitter11 wrote:Return starters at just 3 positions.

Edit - Tuesday night we lost our returning DT.  He quit after lasting just 5 minutes of camp until he was on the ground just exhausted.  I have no idea how he works on the farm all day long in weather much hotter than that and survives.

So leaves us with just a 2 way returning starter who is in the dog house defensively and been replaced by his brother a sophomore.
There's not a lot of physical labor involved in being a farmer anymore. Most of them even have Gators/4 wheelers to go out into the fields to check on crops. Tractors can drive themselves. The farmer we grew up with is a long extinct breed.
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by niewi 24 on Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:39 am

Have nine returning starters in total. I have been brought back to the varsity afte a six year stint on the sophomores. I have always dealt with defense but a switch to offense will be a fun change for me.

It will be interesting to see how we play offensively with the fastest kid in the state.
niewi 24
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by crusader on Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:22 am

Head Idiot wrote:
Bighitter11 wrote:Return starters at just 3 positions.

Edit - Tuesday night we lost our returning DT.  He quit after lasting just 5 minutes of camp until he was on the ground just exhausted.  I have no idea how he works on the farm all day long in weather much hotter than that and survives.

There's not a lot of physical labor involved in being a farmer anymore.  Most of them even have Gators/4 wheelers to go out into the fields to check on crops.  Tractors can drive themselves.  The farmer we grew up with is a long extinct breed.
Pussification of America even while we make it great again.
crusader
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by net on Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:27 am

we have 5 tight ends. Shocked
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by crusader on Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:46 am

Any of them good?
crusader
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot on Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:48 am

net wrote:we have 5 tight ends. Shocked
Lots and lots of squats...
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by OldTitan on Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:11 am

19delta wrote:
OldTitan wrote:We are a bit of a mystery. If we stay injury free we should be competitive. Most of our skills are back. Got some good kids upfront, but they have been lifting at a gym outside the program so that has hurt our off-season chemistry. Hopefully it will all come together in August. Camps have been decent at least.

Care to elaborate?

Most of my Junior-Senior linemen have been lifting at a new local gym. Besides the fact that I have no idea what they are doing for workouts, we could have really used their example and leadership in our weightroom. It is a mystery, because I think they worked hard in the other gym, but we never had a chance to develop our team chemistry in our weightroom. I'm hoping it will work out, but I don't know.

BTW - Yes, I talked to them many times about why I wanted them lifting with us. They just did not see it as in their best interest. There is a limit to what I can "force" kids to do in the off-season.
OldTitan
Dr. Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by crusader on Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:37 am

Must have lots of disposable income to pay for a gym membership (and likely a trainer) instead of using your facilities.
crusader
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next