Summer Activity times

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Summer Activity times

Post by Bighitter11 on Sun May 27, 2018 1:32 pm

4:30 am too early to start practice? What about 10-11:30 pm? Asking for a friend
avatar
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Posts : 1278
Join date : 2010-02-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Summer Activity times

Post by Head Idiot on Sun May 27, 2018 11:29 pm

Bighitter11 wrote:4:30 am too early to start practice?  What about 10-11:30 pm? Asking for a friend
As a player I wouldn't go to practice if you were starting at 430. As a coach I'd tell you to \"f\"ing off.

Why the hell would you want to start practice at either of those times?
avatar
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Posts : 9435
Join date : 2008-09-23
Age : 100
Location : Here

Back to top Go down

Re: Summer Activity times

Post by Bighitter11 on Mon May 28, 2018 12:18 am

Im not......new basketball coach in town
avatar
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Posts : 1278
Join date : 2010-02-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Summer Activity times

Post by wolverine55 on Mon May 28, 2018 8:48 am

Yikes...I was thinking you were being sarcastic after being given a plethora of excuses for why kids couldn't make your established times.
avatar
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Posts : 2916
Join date : 2008-09-27
Age : 38
Location : Keokuk, Iowa

Back to top Go down

Re: Summer Activity times

Post by Bighitter11 on Mon May 28, 2018 9:56 am

His dumb ass also has 31 contact days on his calendar
avatar
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Posts : 1278
Join date : 2010-02-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Summer Activity times

Post by Bighitter11 on Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:09 pm

Had his first 5 am practice yesterday Im sure the Parents of the Under 16 crew enjoyed that early wake up and drive
avatar
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Posts : 1278
Join date : 2010-02-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Summer Activity times

Post by OldTitan on Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:22 pm

Bighitter11 wrote:Had his first 5 am practice yesterday Im sure the Parents of the Under 16 crew enjoyed that early wake up and drive

No offense, but your A.D. needs to step up here. I cannot imagine why she would OK a schedule like this.
avatar
OldTitan
Dr. Douche

Posts : 2141
Join date : 2008-09-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Summer Activity times

Post by Bighitter11 on Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:26 pm

I cant say anything nice about our AD and the job he does.
avatar
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Posts : 1278
Join date : 2010-02-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Summer Activity times

Post by net on Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:58 pm

we start at 5:45am m,tu and th.
avatar
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Posts : 4835
Join date : 2009-11-08
Age : 54
Location : in the patch

Back to top Go down

Re: Summer Activity times

Post by OldTitan on Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:19 am

net wrote:we start at 5:45am m,tu and th.

That's amazing. There is no way I could do that.

One of our issues is summer school. It is a good problem. A lot of our students take summer classes to get ahead academically and so we cannot really do anything before noon.
avatar
OldTitan
Dr. Douche

Posts : 2141
Join date : 2008-09-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Summer Activity times

Post by net on Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:21 am

OldTitan wrote:
net wrote:we start at 5:45am m,tu and th.

That's amazing. There is no way I could do that.

One of our issues is summer school. It is a good problem. A lot of our students take summer classes to get ahead academically and so we cannot really do anything before noon.

same here. we release our summer school kids around 7:15. classes start at 8am.
avatar
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Posts : 4835
Join date : 2009-11-08
Age : 54
Location : in the patch

Back to top Go down

Re: Summer Activity times

Post by OldTitan on Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:33 am

net wrote:
OldTitan wrote:
net wrote:we start at 5:45am m,tu and th.

That's amazing. There is no way I could do that.

One of our issues is summer school. It is a good problem. A lot of our students take summer classes to get ahead academically and so we cannot really do anything before noon.

same here. we release our summer school kids around 7:15. classes start at 8am.

That's impressive for sure. I guess time-wise we could do that, although our summer school classes start a bit earlier.
avatar
OldTitan
Dr. Douche

Posts : 2141
Join date : 2008-09-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Summer Activity times

Post by Head Idiot on Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:30 pm

I was thinking about this the other day- it amazes me how many programs for multiple sports go in the mornings now. There's no way I'd have been able to lift/practice in the AM during the summer when I was in HS because of my job/jobs.
avatar
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Posts : 9435
Join date : 2008-09-23
Age : 100
Location : Here

Back to top Go down

Re: Summer Activity times

Post by mc140 on Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:03 pm

We have four varsity basketball players in our program and the three weeks we go in June are brutal for them.

Mon-Thur
Football 8-11
Basketball 1-330
Summer League for basketball two games a night.

mc140
Douche
Douche

Posts : 1218
Join date : 2008-10-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Summer Activity times

Post by center on Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:33 pm

Head Idiot wrote:I was thinking about this the other day- it amazes me how many programs for multiple sports go in the mornings now.  There's no way I'd have been able to lift/practice in the AM during the summer when I was in HS because of my job/jobs.

Agreed here. We have kept an afternoon session for the weight room over the years and I am glad we did.

Even the early morning sessions make it hard for kids to work. Our biggest employers of older high schoolers are the school district, park district, and city. Along with detassling the all start in the 5-7:00 am range.

center
Bee-otch

Posts : 368
Join date : 2009-11-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Summer Activity times

Post by wolverine55 on Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:33 pm

We have gone with two weightlifting times from 6:30-7:45 a.m. and 5:30-6:45 p.m on days we don't have camp. On football days, only the morning session is offered for weights as football camp is from 5:30-8:00 in the evening. Results have been good, but it's impossible to avoid all conflicts. In addition to the aforementioned work and multisport activities, varsity baseball is a summer sport in Iowa.
avatar
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Posts : 2916
Join date : 2008-09-27
Age : 38
Location : Keokuk, Iowa

Back to top Go down

Re: Summer Activity times

Post by Bighitter11 on Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:28 am

4:30 AM practice was today......Insane just insane
avatar
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Posts : 1278
Join date : 2010-02-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Summer Activity times

Post by wilky on Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:48 am

as a parent, if a coach suggested my child needed to be at a practice at 430am I would personally tell them where they could shove it.

we talk about aau being bad but a 430 start is asinine, its beyond Ludacris. I hate pussification of America and am all for kids being in sports and teaching them responsibility, and being tough on them. but 430 to me shows a major lack of oversight by higher up to reign in that coach.

and when that coaches numbers on his teams plummet he will be lucky enough to have only himself to thank.

wilky
Dr. Douche

Posts : 1809
Join date : 2008-09-23
Location : United States

Back to top Go down

Re: Summer Activity times

Post by Bighitter11 on Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:26 am

This guy is an asshat. He received our summer schedule before he put together his after being hired. We go to Princeton Saturday for a 7 on 7 and Lineman Challenge probably leaving at 6am. He has scheduled a 10pm to 11:30 practice Friday night and a 6 to 8 am practice the next morning.
avatar
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Posts : 1278
Join date : 2010-02-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Summer Activity times

Post by net on Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:55 am

Bighitter11 wrote:This guy is an asshat.  He received our summer schedule before he put together his after being hired.  We go to Princeton Saturday for a 7 on 7 and Lineman Challenge probably leaving at 6am.  He has scheduled a 10pm to 11:30 practice Friday night and a 6 to 8 am practice the next morning.

how many kids do you share?
avatar
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Posts : 4835
Join date : 2009-11-08
Age : 54
Location : in the patch

Back to top Go down

Re: Summer Activity times

Post by Bighitter11 on Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:00 am

Id say between 12-15 Sophs - Seniors
avatar
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Posts : 1278
Join date : 2010-02-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Summer Activity times

Post by net on Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:01 am

Bighitter11 wrote:Id say between 12-15 Sophs - Seniors

so who wins on saturday? 7on7 or roundball practice?
avatar
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Posts : 4835
Join date : 2009-11-08
Age : 54
Location : in the patch

Back to top Go down

Re: Summer Activity times

Post by Teetime on Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:04 am

wilky wrote:as a parent, if a coach suggested my child needed to be at a practice at 430am I would personally tell them where they could shove it.

we talk about aau being bad but a 430 start is asinine, its beyond Ludacris. I hate pussification of America and am all for kids being in sports and teaching them responsibility, and being tough on them. but 430 to me shows a major lack of oversight by higher up to reign in that coach.

and when that coaches numbers on his teams plummet he will be lucky enough to have only himself to thank.  


Wow! Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed.....

at 7:30 in the morning.


_________________
Donald J. Trump, he is my President now........sad!
avatar
Teetime
Admin

Posts : 6123
Join date : 2008-09-11
Location : Right across the street from net

Back to top Go down

Re: Summer Activity times

Post by Bighitter11 on Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:13 am

net wrote:
Bighitter11 wrote:Id say between 12-15 Sophs - Seniors

so who wins on saturday? 7on7 or roundball practice?

Pretty Confident Football will win on Saturday.

Its his BS reasoning of "Finding out who is really committed to the program" talk thats getting old quick. We are a small school, we have to share athletes and should encourage kids to play multiple sports. He knew that those dates were taken and accounted for and still put things on the Calendar and try and put kids in an uncomfortable position. Im sure things are different up at Rich South where he teaches but he isnt winning over many people and making alot of enemys already.

I put plenty blame on our AD as well for not only allowing this but doing little to nothing about the 30+ contact days he has.
avatar
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Posts : 1278
Join date : 2010-02-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Summer Activity times

Post by dusty7 on Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:32 pm

Bighitter11 wrote:
net wrote:
Bighitter11 wrote:Id say between 12-15 Sophs - Seniors

so who wins on saturday? 7on7 or roundball practice?

Pretty Confident Football will win on Saturday.

Its his BS reasoning of "Finding out who is really committed to the program"  talk thats getting old quick.  We are a small school, we have to share athletes and should encourage kids to play multiple sports.  He knew that those dates were taken and accounted for and still put things on the Calendar and try and put kids in an uncomfortable position.  Im sure things are different up at Rich South where he teaches but he isnt winning over many people and making alot of enemys already.  

I put plenty blame on our AD as well for not only allowing this but doing little to nothing about the 30+ contact days he has.  

If I remember correctly you will have pretty solid Sophomore and Junior class for basketball and I would not want to see that talent go to waste. We preach 3 sport athletes and if a kid quits a sport he never hears the end of it from coaches, teachers, and administration.
avatar
dusty7
Bee-otch

Posts : 809
Join date : 2010-06-21
Location : Grundy County

Back to top Go down

Re: Summer Activity times

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum