Clueless People

Go down

Clueless People

Post by Ghengis Khan on Thu May 10, 2018 1:17 pm

https://247sports.com/nfl/new-york-giants/Bolt/Ernie-Accorsi-Penn-State-scheme-held-back-Saquon-Barkley-118103630

How can people who write about football or were once general managers be so clueless about football?

Ernie Accorsi: "It was a read-reaction, a read-option, and essentially every single running play was a delay or draw. He almost had to break every single run from scrimmage and he did it anyway."

The bolded part.. I mean really? People still believe/think this kind of thing? Penn St ran a ton of IZ last year.

The underlined part.. I'm not even sure what that even means?

The writer of the piece said this, "Shurmur's offense also has plenty of designed snaps under center for the quarterback which means Barkley won't have to juke a defender almost immediately after receiving the handoff"

He mentioned PSU's poor OL, which would cause the need for juking in the backfield. However, I am not sure what the difference between under center and shot gun would have to do with that though..

Sorry, this kind of rambling, but these guys being "experts" and getting paid to be knowledgeable about football drives me nuts.

Ghengis Khan
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Re: Clueless People

Post by Head Idiot on Thu May 10, 2018 2:59 pm

+1

Keep in mind, these are the idiots that the experts in the stands listen to when they get all of their information to criticize us with.

My personal favorite right now- either of- Every play action pass is an RPO OR They still call Jet an End Around.
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by OldTitan on Thu May 10, 2018 3:01 pm

It's more important to be loud in "sports journalism" than accurate or knowledgeable.

PSU did run a ton of read though...
OldTitan
Dr. Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime on Thu May 10, 2018 3:21 pm

Every time I watched PSU it looked like Barkley had to break every single run from scrimmage. When I watched Alabama, it looked like their plays started 10 yards downfield from the LOS.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum