Isaiah Bruce - Le-Win Track and Field

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Isaiah Bruce - Le-Win Track and Field - Page 2 Empty Re: Isaiah Bruce - Le-Win Track and Field

Post by Pike Bishop on Tue May 08, 2018 3:32 pm

OldTitan wrote:In 1995 I coached a young woman named Jen Brown at SJO. She was the third fastest athlete on the team that year. Keep in mind, our 4 x 100 relays got 2nd in the state that year an she was not on it. She won the discus that year as a sophomore.

She went on to be a three-time state champ in discus, setting the class A record and a two-time champ in shot put. She continued in her career as a thrower for Indiana University and was a Big Ten champ and an All-American.

I never thought I would personally work with another thrower as good as Jen. Then came Dani Bunch - she threw over 51' in shot as a Junior! She is also the AA state meet record holder in that event for shot. She was Big Ten athlete of the year her senior year at Purdue and was in the last Olympic trials.

Both women were three-sport athletes.

I coached Sarah Sepanski in track at SHS. 12.1 in the 100 (broke a 30 year old school record), 25.8 in the 200, 59.7 in the 400, 17'10 in the long jump.Her senior year she started shot put and threw 38'8. She went to Dayton as a multi and is about to finish a great career after setting several school records there.

Pike Bishop
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Isaiah Bruce - Le-Win Track and Field - Page 2 Empty Re: Isaiah Bruce - Le-Win Track and Field

Post by ging on Tue May 08, 2018 4:41 pm

niewi 24 wrote:
And I must say, she was by far the most fearsome Powder Puff player in the history of Powder Puff.

with a name like Adrianne Leschewski...
ging
ging
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by #35 on Sun May 13, 2018 9:33 pm

I was trying to think back to all of the old NISB Honor Rolls I did to figure out if anyone in Northern Illinois (2005-11ish) made the top 10 in two uniquely-opposite events. There may have been 1 or 2 but I can't recall who.

Forreston wide receiver Sam Barkalow (Western Illinois U) runs sprints and throws. He is a better shot put thrower, leading my Sauk Valley area at 46-8 or so.

Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by 4a(6afornet)north on Tue May 15, 2018 12:05 am

niewi 24 wrote:Female athlete out of Morris, Adrianne Leschewski, would throw shot and disc and then anchor the relay teams.  Relay teams never did anything to get out of a regional or sectional, but she had a mighty fine throwing career.  Decent combination, in my opinion.

And I must say, she was by far the most fearsome Powder Puff player in the history of Powder Puff.

Might of been bigger center in basketball than any of the boys in Morris too...lol

4a(6afornet)north
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by crusader on Tue May 15, 2018 8:12 am

Anyone remember Jena Hemann - 10 state track titles and then went to Texas AM to compete in the heptathlon.

http://www.bnd.com/sports/article27755116.html
crusader
crusader
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by general maximus on Tue May 15, 2018 11:54 am

crusader wrote:Anyone remember Jena Hemann - 10 state track titles and then went to Texas AM to compete in the heptathlon.

Yes, she was special for sure. Everyone else was fighting for second. Good example

general maximus
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta on Tue May 15, 2018 12:22 pm

general maximus wrote:
crusader wrote:Anyone remember Jena Hemann - 10 state track titles and then went to Texas AM to compete in the heptathlon.

Yes, she was special for sure.  Everyone else was fighting for second. Good example

With a last name like that, no wonder she was great!

Isaiah Bruce - Le-Win Track and Field - Page 2 Latest?cb=20161202003302
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot on Thu May 17, 2018 12:40 pm

Just had a kid 5 mins ago tell me he can't make sectionals because of "work and family stuff". Can you put someone else in for me?

No, those entries were due Monday. Have a nice day.

D. U. N.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta on Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:35 pm

Just saw from a pretty reliable source on Facebook and Twitter that Bruce received an offer from Iowa today.
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by center on Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:22 am

19delta wrote:Just saw from a pretty reliable source on Facebook and Twitter that Bruce received an offer from Iowa today.

Just saw the same thing about Bruce.

Elsbury kid from Byron also has received an offer from Iowa as an incoming junior.  It has been a while since two small school kids in this area have received Big Ten offers this young.

center
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta on Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:24 am

center wrote:
19delta wrote:Just saw from a pretty reliable source on Facebook and Twitter that Bruce received an offer from Iowa today.

Elsbury kid from Byron also has received an offer from Iowa as an incoming junior.  It has been a while since two small school kids in this area have received Big Ten offers this young.

But apparently neither kid is good enough for Lovie! Laughing Rolling Eyes Evil or Very Mad
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot on Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:01 pm

19delta wrote:
center wrote:

But apparently neither kid is good enough for Lovie! Laughing Rolling Eyes Evil or Very Mad
Not to defend Lovie, but besides the Considine kid, when was the last time one of these small school Illinois kids went to Iowa and did anything? Hockaday has seen some time at LB, but Wienke, Getz, etc never touched the field.
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by center on Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:36 pm

Adam Cox Stillman Valley. Ended up as starting fullback. Graduated 2 years ago.

Current kid Nate Weiting TE from Rockford Lutheran is in the rotation. Had a big catch in bowl game.

Ben Niemann Sycamore, starting LB just signed with Chiefs. His brother is on Iowa roster now.

Weiting and Cox were former walk ons. Not a gold mine but definitely some guys that have helped.

They have currently offered Bruce, Elsbury, and Logan Lee from Orion. Lee is a senior to be who has committed.

Iowa does have an identity around here and all these kids fit it.

center
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta on Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:03 pm

Head Idiot wrote:
19delta wrote:
center wrote:

Not to defend Lovie, but besides the Considine kid, when was the last time one of these small school Illinois kids went to Iowa and did anything?   Hockaday has seen some time at LB, but Wienke, Getz, etc never touched the field.

Do you think that the Iowa program is better than the Illinois program?

I think the Iowa program is better. So, it is reasonable to suggest that kids who are good enough to get offered by Iowa are certainly good enough to get offered by Illinois.
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta on Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:05 pm

center wrote:Adam Cox Stillman Valley. Ended up as starting fullback. Graduated 2 years ago.

Current kid Nate Weiting TE from Rockford Lutheran is in the rotation. Had a big catch in bowl game.

Ben Niemann Sycamore, starting LB just signed with Chiefs. His brother is on Iowa roster now.

Weiting and Cox were former walk ons. Not a gold mine but definitely some guys that have helped.

They have currently offered Bruce, Elsbury, and Logan Lee from Orion. Lee is a senior to be who has committed.

Iowa does have an identity around here and all these kids fit it.

You and your pesky facts ruining a perfectly good narrative! Laughing
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Idiot on Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:23 am

19delta wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:
19delta wrote:
center wrote:

Not to defend Lovie, but besides the Considine kid, when was the last time one of these small school Illinois kids went to Iowa and did anything?   Hockaday has seen some time at LB, but Wienke, Getz, etc never touched the field.

I think the Iowa program is better. So, it is reasonable to suggest that kids who are good enough to get offered by Iowa are certainly good enough to get offered by Illinois.
I think comparing the two programs as they stand today is a bit of comparing apples to oranges. Ferentz has been there for 20 years whereas Lovie's in year 3 of cleaning up a colossal mess. I would also say that by judging by the pictures of the recruiting class Illinois is bringing in, 2/3 of the kids you're talking about don't have the right requirements for "Littyville".
Head Idiot
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta on Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:46 am

Head Idiot wrote:
19delta wrote:
Head Idiot wrote:
19delta wrote:
center wrote:

I think comparing the two programs as they stand today is a bit of comparing apples to oranges.  Ferentz has been there for 20 years whereas Lovie's in year 3 of cleaning up a colossal mess.  I would also say that by judging by the pictures of the recruiting class Illinois is bringing in, 2/3 of the kids you're talking about don't have the right requirements for "Littyville".

As they stand today? How about comparing the program over the past 5 years? How about the last 10 years? Clearly, Iowa has done a lot more things right than Illinois has done over that period. If Isaiah Bruce and Tyler Elsbury are good enough to attract the attention of the Iowa football coaches, then they should be good enough to attract the attention of the Illinois coaches.
19delta
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2