"signing" with a D3 school

Go down

"signing" with a D3 school

Post by ging on Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:05 am

this is not a commentary on the "value" (or lack thereof) of participating in athletics at the D3 level.  rather, i recently learned of this and wanted to share it since i often wondered what high school athletes signed when they chose to "continue their athletic and academic career" at a D3 school.

http://www.ncaa.org/division-iii-celebratory-signing-form

i found this part interesting:

"Institutions should keep in mind, however, that they are not permitted to publicize a prospective student-athlete’s commitment to the institution until the prospective student-athlete has submitted a financial deposit"
avatar
ging
Douche
Douche

Posts : 2426
Join date : 2008-09-24
Age : 50
Location : Sterling, IL

Back to top Go down

Re: "signing" with a D3 school

Post by tincup1215 on Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:29 am

someone isn't very blessed or humbled right now. #prayerhands
avatar
tincup1215
King Fool
King Fool

Posts : 1325
Join date : 2008-09-28
Location : The Burn

Back to top Go down

Re: "signing" with a D3 school

Post by Head Idiot on Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:06 pm

tincup1215 wrote:someone isn't very blessed or humbled right now.  #prayerhands
It apparently doesn’t stop anyone as this was adopted in 2015.
avatar
Head Idiot
Legends of Bench

Posts : 9146
Join date : 2008-09-23
Age : 100
Location : Here

Back to top Go down

Re: "signing" with a D3 school

Post by Bighitter11 on Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:21 pm

Blessed to have the opportunity to continue my football career for only $40,000 a year #GoAugie

Pleased to announce my second offer to play in the CCIW for $40,000 a year #IWU # GoTitans

avatar
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Posts : 1231
Join date : 2010-02-09

Back to top Go down

Re: "signing" with a D3 school

Post by OldTitan on Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:04 pm

Bighitter11 wrote:Blessed to have the opportunity to continue my football career for only $40,000 a year #GoAugie

Pleased to announce my second offer to play in the CCIW for $40,000 a year #IWU # GoTitans


$40K for IWU? Sadly, that would be a good deal.
$58.6 according to IWU
avatar
OldTitan
Dr. Douche

Posts : 2024
Join date : 2008-09-23

Back to top Go down

Re: "signing" with a D3 school

Post by Bighitter11 on Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:24 pm

Ouch! That's alot! Just saw two of our seniors last night who were thinking about college ball at one point. D3 players at best and along with sister are triplets. I could only imagine the possible college bill. Going the Community College way and saving a ton of debt. Study there party anywhere.
avatar
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Posts : 1231
Join date : 2010-02-09

Back to top Go down

Re: "signing" with a D3 school

Post by Pike Bishop on Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:21 pm

OldTitan wrote:
Bighitter11 wrote:Blessed to have the opportunity to continue my football career for only $40,000 a year #GoAugie

Pleased to announce my second offer to play in the CCIW for $40,000 a year #IWU # GoTitans


$40K for IWU? Sadly, that would be a good deal.
$58.6 according to IWU

Back when Jesus was a corporal and there was no bridge across the creek to the practice field, IWU was $5,000 (ISU was $2,500).

Pike Bishop
Bee-otch

Posts : 114
Join date : 2016-04-11

Back to top Go down

Re: "signing" with a D3 school

Post by OldTitan on Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:36 pm

Pike Bishop wrote:
OldTitan wrote:
Bighitter11 wrote:Blessed to have the opportunity to continue my football career for only $40,000 a year #GoAugie

Pleased to announce my second offer to play in the CCIW for $40,000 a year #IWU # GoTitans


$40K for IWU? Sadly, that would be a good deal.
$58.6 according to IWU

Back when Jesus was a corporal and there was no bridge across the creek to the practice field, IWU was $5,000 (ISU was $2,500).

Cost of Attendance at ISU is $29.5K for 2018. So, see - IWU is exactly the same as it was back in the 70s - twice as much as ISU!
avatar
OldTitan
Dr. Douche

Posts : 2024
Join date : 2008-09-23

Back to top Go down

Re: "signing" with a D3 school

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum