Broke My GD, MF'ing Leg: OT, need your input

Go down

Broke My GD, MF'ing Leg: OT, need your input

Post by crusader on Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:21 pm

At 6:30 am, on January 26, I slipped on ice and fell at my apartment complex, resulting in fractures in my tibia and fibula and dislocation of the ankle. The sidewalk was dry but the blacktop parking lot was a sheet of ice - it was 32 degrees overnight. I know for certain that ice melt works well below 0 degrees - and there was none applied. (There are hundreds of units in the complex.)

In fact, when the EMTs came to collect me off the ground, they sprinkled sand/salt to get traction to get me on the gurney.

I had surgery last Tuesday and I'm going to be in a cast/ boot for 10 weeks.

Today, the insurance company for my apartment complex called me and wanted to push me right into a tape-recorded interview to determine if his insured was liable.

I declined the interview but that made me think, should I retain counsel? I'm not looking to "score big" - but I want ALL of my costs covered - MD, and personal services I must now pay for (grocery delivery, laundry service and a helper who carries my knee scooter up/down two flights of stairs and puts the scooter into my before/after work - that's $25 a week, plus $5 a week to his son to take out my trash.)

I've also lost seven working days so far (I get 20 days a year - use for sick/vacation time or cash in annually.)

Has anyone ever filed a personal injury lawsuit? Did you use counsel or did you represent yourself? Will an attorney get me more even with them taking 1/3 off top?

Also, I used to scoff at pain and suffering, but that stuff is real! I am losing my springtime - and I know that how I recover and rehab this injury will impact my mobility for the rest of my life. What's that worth, monetarily?

I did a moral compass check with my mother. Her question was: Do you believe the property was negligent and could have prevented my fall?

I have to answer yes, I had an expectation that there would be safe conditions to walk when the temps were above freezing.

Your thoughts?
crusader
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Re: Broke My GD, MF'ing Leg: OT, need your input

Post by general maximus on Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:23 pm

Sorry to hear about this Cru,

Get well

general maximus
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by OldTitan on Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:37 pm

should I retain counsel?
yes.
OldTitan
Dr. Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by wilky on Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:21 am

having been on the other side of the 1/3 equation, I also agree with OT. yes

wilky
Dr. Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Horsefeather on Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:23 am

Rub some dirt on it and get back to work, Cru. Coach Schott would be disappointed.

Seriously, rest up!
Horsefeather
Bee-otch

http://djsautosandcards.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by crusader on Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:51 am

Back at the office and selling!

But Schott's saying was, "Tape an aspirin to it!"
crusader
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 on Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:12 am

Glen Lerner is the Lawyer for you call 222....22...22
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by tincup1215 on Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:19 am

Call up Peter Francis Geraci!
tincup1215
King Fool
King Fool

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime on Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:44 am

Sorry to hear about your rotten luck, Cru.

Get a lawyer!

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ramblinman on Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:30 pm

crusader wrote:"Tape an aspirin to it!"

ramblinman
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by 4a(6afornet)north on Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:40 pm

wont be needing a lawer....yet....was rushed to hospital for emergency appendectomy Tuesday evening.Surgery went fine,Im fine...called my benefits line to start disability payments.Told the young lady I spoke with that went to hospital for an emergency appendectomy where they removed my appendix....I even stressed that even though by saying appendectomy,I should not have had to.This morning I get a call back.....they wanted to know if my appendix was removed.....................after a few seconds of silence I hear....sir,sir are you there? Me....yes,I was just beating my head against the wall...

4a(6afornet)north
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by ging on Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:54 pm

4a(6afornet)north wrote:This morning I get a call back.....they wanted to know if my appendix was removed.....................after a few seconds of silence I hear....sir,sir are you there? Me....yes,I was just beating my head against the wall...

maybe it depends on what the definition of was is
ging
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by net on Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:18 am

4a(6afornet)north wrote:wont be needing a lawer....yet....was rushed to hospital for emergency appendectomy Tuesday evening.Surgery went fine,Im fine...called my benefits line to start disability payments.Told the young lady I spoke with that went to hospital for an emergency appendectomy where they removed my appendix....I even stressed that even though by saying appendectomy,I should not have had to.This morning I get a call back.....they wanted to know if my appendix was removed.....................after a few seconds of silence I hear....sir,sir are you there? Me....yes,I was just beating my head against the wall...

holy crap z! i'm glad you're still alive and sassy!
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Horsefeather on Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:20 pm

Good to hear you're ok, 4a. Had mine removed 3 years ago... fun times.
Horsefeather
Bee-otch

http://djsautosandcards.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 4a(6afornet)north on Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:03 pm

Wasn't feeling good running fever with stomach pain.Doc said head to hospital for CT scan,get scan and desk says there's a call for me....Dr says dont leave they are taking your appendix out in about an hour.....no time to think about it,get ready or anything.Getting better everyday,still a lot of naps.Gave some good pain meds but haven't used them.

4a(6afornet)north
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by OldTitan on Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:41 pm

4a(6afornet)north wrote:Wasn't feeling good running fever with stomach pain.Doc said head to hospital for CT scan,get scan and desk says there's a call for me....Dr says dont leave they are taking your appendix out in about an hour.....no time to think about it,get ready or anything.Getting better everyday,still a lot of naps.Gave some good pain meds but haven't used them.

Two years ago on the bus down to Centralia for our playoff game I started having severe gut pains. I finally told our trainer right before the game and he says - I think your appendix is acting up we need to get you to the hospital. This was like three minutes before kickoff. I said to heck with that - coached the game - went home after the game and checked into the E.R. Had my appendix removed a short time later.

Arguably one of the dumbest things I have done in a coaching career full of dumb moves.
OldTitan
Dr. Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by crusader on Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:52 am

4a(6afornet)north wrote:Gave some good pain meds but haven't used them.
I was given 40 Oxycodone with the instruction of taking One or Two every Four to Six Hours as needed. In 24 hours, that could be four pills or 12. HOW IN THE HELL IS THAT VAGUE LANGUAGE ALLOWABLE ON A PRESCRIPTION BOTTLE????

I did take ONE every four hours the first 72 hours after surgery but tapered that to one in the morning and one at night until I started back to work six days after surgery, then I only took one at night until I just stopped taking them. Still have a few left.
crusader
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Skin on Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:27 am

crusader wrote:
4a(6afornet)north wrote:Gave some good pain meds but haven't used them.
I was given 40 Oxycodone with the instruction of taking One or Two every Four to Six Hours as needed. In 24 hours, that could be four pills or 12. HOW IN THE HELL IS THAT VAGUE LANGUAGE ALLOWABLE ON A PRESCRIPTION BOTTLE????

I did take ONE every four hours the first 72 hours after surgery but tapered that to one in the morning and one at night until I started back to work six days after surgery, then I only took one at night until I just stopped taking them. Still have a few left.
See my thoughts on this in the school shootings thread.

Oxy is heroin made in a lab into pill form.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/04/15/heroin-crackdown-oxycodone-hydrocodone/1963123/

I apologize for the hijack
Head Skin
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down