call me out of touch.......

Go down

call me out of touch.......

Post by net on Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:09 pm

and that's ok. wth is this? scratch how long has this been going on?

Midwest Prep (Postgrad – IL): Midwest Prep Academy, located in Rantoul, IL is looking for assistant football coaches. Midwest Prep is a post secondary sports boarding academy. Our athletes are trained by us while staying on our campus full time, for the duration of the football season. An offensive coordinator position is available, along with QB, WR, RB, LB, and OL coaches. An ACT standardized test prep instructor position is also available. Competitive pay structure, meals and housing are available. Contact Marques Sullivan at msullivan@midwestprepacademy.com for more information to and send resume.
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Re: call me out of touch.......

Post by Horsefeather on Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:27 pm

There is one of these up here in the southwest burbs, too... or at least there used to be. I don't know that they stayed around too long. They are calling themselves a "Prep" school similar in concept to a boarding school out east, for kids who are non-qualifiers to continue to play and improve before heading to the collegiate level.
Horsefeather
Bee-otch

http://djsautosandcards.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta on Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:29 pm

I don't know anything about this but would not be surprised, given the current climate regarding high school football, to see more of these "academies" going forward.
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by net on Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:33 pm

19delta wrote:I don't know anything about this but would not be surprised, given the current climate regarding high school football, to see more of these "academies" going forward.

aren't academies for high schoolers? i thought prep schools were for post grads.
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta on Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:49 pm

net wrote:
19delta wrote:I don't know anything about this but would not be surprised, given the current climate regarding high school football, to see more of these "academies" going forward.

aren't academies for high schoolers? i thought prep schools were for post grads.

I checked out their website. Sounds like it is marketed to high school graduates who have academic issues that are preventing them for playing at an NCAA or NAIA school.

Looks pretty fly-by-night. No scholarships or academic aid. The players' "dorm" is a Holiday Inn and the practice facility appears to be some kind of community fitness center. Looks like classes are delivered in a strip mall.

Not cheap. 3-month resident program is almost $14,000.
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by mc140 on Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:00 pm

Last year or the year before they were offering commission to coaches who convinced kids to go there.

mc140
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by net on Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:46 pm

mc140 wrote:Last year or the year before they were offering commission to coaches who convinced kids to go there.

Shocked

how is that even legal?

Shocked
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OldTitan on Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:48 pm

Horsefeather wrote:There is one of these up here in the southwest burbs, too... or at least there used to be.  I don't know that they stayed around too long.  They are calling themselves a "Prep" school similar in concept to a boarding school out east, for kids who are non-qualifiers to continue to play and improve before heading to the collegiate level.  

That is where this place started. They actually have a lot of qualifiers who are hoping to get film that will gain them a scholarship opportunity. It is on the former air force base at Chanute and uses some of the same facilities the Illini used to use for their early camp practices. I believe they mostly play against Division III JV teams.
OldTitan
Dr. Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by ging on Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:51 pm

19delta wrote:
Not cheap. 3-month resident program is almost $14,000.

there's a sucker born every minute
ging
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Horsefeather on Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:44 pm

net wrote:
mc140 wrote:Last year or the year before they were offering commission to coaches who convinced kids to go there.

Shocked

how is that even legal?

Shocked

It's legal because:

1. It's viewed as a private facility. They are catering to kids that don't meet clearinghouse standards. These kids are 18-20 year olds, usually grads that just don't have the academics.

2. It's an alternative to JUCO, and since I believe there's only one JUCO left playing football in Illinois, the concept looks attractive to some.

3. There's also a push in the semi-pro leagues to move towards a "developmental" concept where they are taking some of these kids on, too. But in the case of semi-pro, the kids aren't being charged $14,000.

Like Ging said... there's a sucker born every minute.
Horsefeather
Bee-otch

http://djsautosandcards.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by morrisfan on Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:27 pm

Let's start one. If only I knew a place to find some coaches...

morrisfan
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by newcom on Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:01 am

Try Edgy Tim Cool or there is a Lawn mower guy we know who is smarter than all of us Smile
newcom
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down