Rich Rodriguez

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: Rich Rodriguez

Post by Head Skin on Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:56 pm

19delta wrote:
Head Skin wrote:
19delta wrote:She did get out. She no longer works at the university. And even before that, she tried to transfer to another department but Rodriguez blocked it.

But, beyond that, why should she be the one who has to leave? She didnít do anything wrong. She just wanted to come in and do her job. How about making the shitty football coach who is sexually harassing her leave instead?

Keeping a job should not be incumbent on having to accept serial sexual harassment.
I originally missed this post.

Why not leave after trying to get out and being told no?

At some point, isn't it on you to stop putting yourself in the situation that is supposedly a living hell for you? †Especially if the university says you're not leaving?

No, it isnít. You obviously did not read the Guardian article I posted.
I think there's a very large difference between being a secretary at a university in 2016 and being in the military stationed on a remote island in 2001.

I am also intrigued that this suit is not aimed at the university at all. Just Rodriguez.

Maybe I'm wrong. Looks like a money grab to me.
Head Skin
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta on Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:28 pm

Head Skin wrote:
19delta wrote:
Head Skin wrote:
19delta wrote:She did get out. She no longer works at the university. And even before that, she tried to transfer to another department but Rodriguez blocked it.

But, beyond that, why should she be the one who has to leave? She didnít do anything wrong. She just wanted to come in and do her job. How about making the shitty football coach who is sexually harassing her leave instead?

Keeping a job should not be incumbent on having to accept serial sexual harassment.
I originally missed this post.

Why not leave after trying to get out and being told no?

At some point, isn't it on you to stop putting yourself in the situation that is supposedly a living hell for you? †Especially if the university says you're not leaving?

No, it isnít. You obviously did not read the Guardian article I posted.
I think there's a very large difference between being a secretary at a university in 2016 and being in the military stationed on a remote island in 2001.

I am also intrigued that this suit is not aimed at the university at all. †Just Rodriguez.

Maybe I'm wrong. †Looks like a money grab to me.

The scenarios are different. The context is not.

You don't like that article? How about this one:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-compassion-chronicles/201711/why-dont-victims-sexual-harassment-come-forward-sooner%3famp

19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta on Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:29 pm

Head Skin wrote:
niewi 24 wrote:
Head Skin wrote:
You donít find it odd that she never made any allegations to any of her superiors prior to seeking a payout 6 months after resigning?

I mean, if Iím standing my ground, Iím definitely going after the guy then and there, not 4 years later after essentially acting as an enabler.

To me, this is saying the same thing as putting down spouses who deal with abuse for years before finally having enough of it and taking a stand years later. Why is it their fault that the other person is not able to act correctly? Sometimes victims do not have the skills or strength to leave. That does not EVER put them in the wrong.
I don't get either mindset.

Maybe that's ultimately my problem with this situation. †I have no idea how, or why someone would put themselves into a bad situation.

Agreed.

Empathy is definitely not a part of your skill set! 😂
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2