Milford is out of the VVC for Football

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: Milford is out of the VVC for Football

Post by OldTitan on Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:59 pm

Bighitter11 wrote: I also wouldnt be surprised if in the near future IW is playing 8 man football.
Just 15 years ago they were state champs...
OldTitan
Dr. Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by general maximus on Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:18 pm

The meeting that was scheduled was a normal functional meeting that they were going to talk about crossovers. Now with the issue of Milford, it would be natural to discuss those that you have laid out.

The problem is the same as before regarding a merger. We must first define the long term status of Milford. They are stating they are going to be back at some point. Additionally, we have the same problem with Hoopeston. A few years ago we had a merger pretty much done, but no one in the SVC wanted to be "scheduled" with either Hoopeston or Schlarman at the time. (they were too uncertain and no one wanted to get stuck with an open date) The talks eroded from there.

The reason the merger did not happen was because no one wanted to kick HA out. Too many relationships regarding conference ties. I understand that, but what we have going on now (Milford leaving with no notice and staying in other conference sports) will be the same reason a merger will be difficult.

Trust me, some ADs and Principals will not want to sever ties with them in a conference situation on the "hope" they will come back.

That drive to Seneca and Dwight would suck. 2:45 for a conference game is a little excessive.

All that said, I think your idea is a good one and could be doable........assuming we can define what Hoopeston and Milford are going to do. (as well as IW as you pointed out)

If IW drops out, we have a 10 team conference. Good luck getting that travel thing worked out then.

general maximus
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Skin on Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:32 pm

OldTitan wrote:
Bighitter11 wrote: I also wouldnt be surprised if in the near future IW is playing 8 man football.
That was before Coach Harris ruined the program.
Head Skin
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 on Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:35 pm

OldTitan wrote:

Crazy isnt it. I think South Beloit won State the year before them and are in a similar situation now.
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 on Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:09 pm

Seneca fills a major void for the SVC when South Newton went back to Indiana to play. Still a couple decent size trips just in the SVC so I get your concern for schools like yourself and Westville. The TRAC is a better geographical fit for Seneca but there werent any openings either.

Its going to be interesting to see some of these small school conferences and how many other schools pursue 8 man football. I know Flanagan in the HOIC has had bad numbers and probably isnt the only school in that conference.
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2