The Minnesota Vikings...

Go down

The Minnesota Vikings...

Post by Teetime on Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:32 am

Hard to comprehend that missed tackle that cost the Saints the game last night.

Some speculation on TV that the Saints player was trying to put the brakes on and avoid a PI call. Did you see it that way? It seemed like a really strange approach to making a tackle.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: The Minnesota Vikings...

Post by Teetime on Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:36 am

Here is another stranger thing that happened in Minnesota.

Here are the last 3:00 minutes of the 6A high school state quarterfinal in November.

https://deadspin.com/high-school-football-team-wins-game-by-scoring-19-point-1820330610

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta on Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:22 am

That kid went in full-speed with his head down. Looked to me like he was going for a kill shot. Inexplicable.

There was some horrendous secondary play in both games yesterday and last week.
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdWatcher on Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:32 am

That HS game was crazy.

Is it true in high school that you can't block KO receiving players within the first 10 yards of the kick off?

Douche
Douche

http://tn.oakcrestfarms.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tm on Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:37 am

Although I understand the reasoning for the rule, I do think that the "defenseless receiver" penalties have made for some strange plays this season. I think you have players flying in to make the "kill shot" and at the last second they think about the penalty and pull up. I haven't watched the replay of yesterday, but it seemed almost like the defensive dove out of the way trying to avoid the penalty. (Maybe he thought it wasn't going to be caught?)

I'm a Steelers fan, so I watch as many of their games as I can. They had 2 long touchdowns the last 4 or 5 weeks where the defenders were in position to easily knock them out of bounds, but they seemed to pull back and just try to bump them out. I think the late hit/defenseless/etc. penalties get in their heads.
tm
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by tm on Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:40 am

Here is the one. The one defenders just stops.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33r6m6S53C8
tm
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by net on Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:18 pm

BirdWatcher wrote:That HS game was crazy.

Is it true in high school that you can't block KO receiving players within the first 10 yards of the kick off?

if i understand your question correctly, the ball must travel 10 yds first before contact can be made or if the receiving team initiates the contact before the ball travels 10 yds.
net
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta on Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:30 pm

tm wrote:Although I understand the reasoning for the rule, I do think that the "defenseless receiver" penalties have made for some strange plays this season. I think you have players flying in to make the "kill shot" and at the last second they think about the penalty and pull up. I haven't watched the replay of yesterday, but it seemed almost like the defensive dove out of the way trying to avoid the penalty. (Maybe he thought it wasn't going to be caught?)

I'm a Steelers fan, so I watch as many of their games as I can. They had 2 long touchdowns the last 4 or 5 weeks where the defenders were in position to easily knock them out of bounds, but they seemed to pull back and just try to bump them out. I think the late hit/defenseless/etc. penalties get in their heads.

Good points. I agree with you. I think that happens a lot on pass plays.

A big part of the problem, I think, is that the officiating in the NFL is horrendous. There is no consistency. What is DPI or defensive holding on one play is not on the next. The Steelers game is a good example. On that 4th and 1, the receiver that Roethlisberger threw to (Rogers, I think) was clearly being held but there was no flag. It was clear as day on the replay. So, for DBs, they just don't know when a flag is going to be thrown. It's a total crapshoot.

Coaches should be able to use their challenges for penalties. Either to challenge a penalty called on the field or to challenge a no-call. The officials aren't getting it right. That's for sure.
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdWatcher on Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:49 pm

Laugh all you want at the remaining no-name QBs, but Nick Foles, Case Keenum, Blake Bortles, and Tom Brady have combined for 5 Super Bowl rings.

Douche
Douche

http://tn.oakcrestfarms.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime on Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:07 pm

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down