Da Bears...

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Re: Da Bears...

Post by SIFBCoach7 on Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:19 am

19delta wrote:
Head Skin wrote:Which is why a defense has the upper hand preparation wise in the NFL. †A lot of the stuff colleges get away with in taking advantage of defenses would be negated in the league.

Did you just argue that the defense has the upper hand in the NFL? The AVERAGE scoring per game in the NFL is a little over 3 TDS a game. 21+ points a game. And that includes the shitty teams like the Browns and Bears.

You left out "preparation". Most NFL defenses are running a lot of straight man, 2 Man, or a pattern match zone scheme. The preparation is in formation recognition and alignment. I would agree that defense prep in the NFL is easier than offense. Offense is going to try to be more manipulative, where defensively, your lining up and reacting.
SIFBCoach7
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta on Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:19 am

SIFBCoach7 wrote:
19delta wrote:
Head Skin wrote:Which is why a defense has the upper hand preparation wise in the NFL. †A lot of the stuff colleges get away with in taking advantage of defenses would be negated in the league.

Did you just argue that the defense has the upper hand in the NFL? The AVERAGE scoring per game in the NFL is a little over 3 TDS a game. 21+ points a game. And that includes the shitty teams like the Browns and Bears.

You left out "preparation". Most NFL defenses are running a lot of straight man, 2 Man, or a pattern match zone scheme. The preparation is in formation recognition and alignment. I would agree that defense prep in the NFL is †easier than offense. Offense is going to try to be more manipulative, where defensively, your lining up and reacting.

But that is true for all levels of football, to one extent or another. My point is that the NFL is an offensive-friendly league. NFL rules explicitly favor the offense over the defense far more than in any other level of the game.

I think the real reason that NFL teams don't utilize offensive schemes that are better suited to college spread athletes is because NFL coaches aren't willing to step out of their comfort zone. Looking at it another way, it's almost better to fail doing what everyone else is doing than it is to try something different and risk failing.
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by SIFBCoach7 on Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:44 am

Oh yeah, there's lots of monotony in the NFL. But you also look at what younger coaches have done at LA Rams, Titans, Eagles, etc... I think that the college "offenses" will eventually cycle through to the NFL once more young coordinators start utilizing the schemes they are used to using and grown up playing.
SIFBCoach7
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta on Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:53 am

SIFBCoach7 wrote:Oh yeah, there's lots of monotony in the NFL. †But you also look at what younger coaches have done at LA Rams, Titans, Eagles, etc... I think that the college "offenses" will eventually cycle through to the NFL once more young coordinators start utilizing the schemes they are used to using and grown up playing.

Yes. I agree with that. Hopefully it is a trend that continues.
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Skin on Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:04 am

Maybe I'm naive, but outside running your QB more regularly, what concepts out of spread are you thinking they need to add that they already haven't?
Head Skin
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta on Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:28 am

Head Skin wrote:Maybe I'm naive, but outside running your QB more regularly, what concepts out of spread are you thinking they need to add that they already haven't? †

I don't know. My observation is that college offenses are more diverse and flexible than the NFL game. But, I don't have any specifics. And my observation might not be accurate.
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Skin on Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:35 am

I think a lot of that is based on the threat of running your QB. I don't think that will catch on with teams paying that guy 10mill. Without threat of a QB taking off, RPOs, Jet, bubbles, much of that stuff becomes really easy to defend for a well prepared professional defense.

Without those spready things, I don't know that there's much difference in route packages between the pro game and college spreads.
Head Skin
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta on Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:37 am

Head Skin wrote:I think a lot of that is based on the threat of running your QB. †I don't think that will catch on with teams paying that guy 10mill. †Without threat of a QB taking off, RPOs, Jet, bubbles, much of that stuff becomes really easy to defend for a well prepared professional defense.

Without those spready things, I don't know that there's much difference in route packages between the pro game and college spreads.

That is all probably true.
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by OldTitan on Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:48 am

The N.F.L.'s motivation for the vast majority of their rule changes is to create higher scoring games and protect offensive stars.

Your average NFL fan watching an outstanding defensive match up, which ends in a 10-3 score will declare the game as boring and poorly played.
OldTitan
Dr. Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Skin on Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:00 pm

The NFL wants more Jaguars/Steelers games, which in reality was a result of terrible defense for Pittsburgh and terrible 4th down D by the Jags.

Steelers fans want Haley fired, but their defense was pathetic. And, for my money, Mike Tomlin is one of the worst HC in the league.
Head Skin
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by OldTitan on Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:53 pm

Head Skin wrote:†And, for my money, Mike Tomlin is one of the worst HC in the league.

Really? Why?
OldTitan
Dr. Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Coach53 on Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:57 pm

OldTitan wrote:
Head Skin wrote:†And, for my money, Mike Tomlin is one of the worst HC in the league.

Really? Why?

Also curious why?

Coach53
Bee-otch

Back to top Go down

Post by wolverine55 on Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:00 pm

I'll answer my perspective because I'm the one who gave HB the green mark. As much as the Bengals take the rap for the ugliness of their games with the Steelers, I think Tomlin's teams come across as very undisciplined and I don't think he's a good in-game manager.
wolverine55
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Skin on Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:58 pm

wolverine55 wrote:I'll answer my perspective because I'm the one who gave HB the green mark. †As much as the Bengals take the rap for the ugliness of their games with the Steelers, I think Tomlin's teams come across as very undisciplined and I don't think he's a good in-game manager.
Pretty much my sentiments as well. †Under Tomlin the Steelers have become one of the mouthiest, dirtiest teams in the league. †Which pretty much defies their traditional image. †They spend too much time talking to the press and filming post game talks than they apparently do actually working on their game. †At some point, all of that is on the HC.

I also have no idea how you fire Dick LeBeau.
Head Skin
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta on Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:23 pm

Head Skin wrote:
wolverine55 wrote:I'll answer my perspective because I'm the one who gave HB the green mark. †As much as the Bengals take the rap for the ugliness of their games with the Steelers, I think Tomlin's teams come across as very undisciplined and I don't think he's a good in-game manager.
Pretty much my sentiments as well. †Under Tomlin the Steelers have become one of the mouthiest, dirtiest teams in the league. †Which pretty much defies their traditional image. †They spend too much time talking to the press and filming post game talks than they apparently do actually working on their game. †At some point, all of that is on the HC.

Or let Bruce Arians walk.
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime on Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:43 pm

Head Skin wrote:I also have no idea how you fire Dick LeBeau.

Dick...you're fired.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Skin on Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:18 pm

+1. Well played.
Head Skin
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Skin on Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:34 am

Big shout out to my fan club who showed up strong with the - marks overnight.

cheers
Head Skin
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by 19delta on Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:18 pm

Head Skin wrote:Big shout out to my fan club who showed up strong with the - marks overnight.

cheers

I went back and re-read your posts in this thread. I was left scratching my head trying to figure out what you said that was so disagreeable or offensive.
19delta
Kick Ass
Kick Ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Skin on Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:54 pm

Who knows. Haters gonna hate.

PS- reports out of Pittsburgh indicate minority owners in the Steelers are lobbying the Rooneys to fire Tomlin.
Head Skin
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 on Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:27 pm

Not good when your WR's Coach is possibly the best WR on your roster
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Skin on Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:56 pm

Somebody's got a little too much time on their hands.
Head Skin
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Bighitter11 on Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:55 am

Head Skin wrote:

Dont forget Tomlin and his sideline tripping tricks!!! Also not sure how you fire Coach LeBeau.
Bighitter11
Douche
Douche

Back to top Go down

Post by Head Skin on Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:19 pm

My favorite part of this red mark fest is that my biggest fans complain about me not talking football and always wanting a fight. †Most of this red mark of death fest is the exact opposite of that. Oh well, I guess at this point Iím just going for cheap heel heat.

afro
Head Skin
Legends of Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Teetime on Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:48 pm

I went through and green marked every single post you have in this thread. Most of them didn't deserve it, but you are right about not deserving all the red in this thread.

I have given you a red mark five or six times in the past, but only when you were being a total dick. You really have to work hard to get a red from me, but I give out green like candy.

Now....will you stop whining about the red?

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next